Tourist visa in Vietnam

I want to break up traveling to Laos for a bit. I went there late last year just for travel, and then a few months ago for a visa run.

So, I thought maybe go to Vietnam, since there are some cheap flights now, and visa rules are getting better.

I have a previous tourist visa from Ho Chi Minh earlier this year, and then got a 2nd one in Vientiane when my previous visa from HCMC expired. Once my current visa expires, I am wondering if I can get a visa again in Vietnam, or will the deny me since I have one previous? And I know it's only single entry and you must prove onward travel.

Second, if I cannot get it there, or i want to get it on Hanoi, can I? Does Hanoi offer double entry?

I just think sometimes this is easier than Laos. I can fly in/out and that means less worry about immigration and the consulate in HCMC is less crowded and hassle free.

Edited by DanceAllNight

Yes hcmc consulate is very chilled. You will obtain another TV there. I was there week ago. 1500 baht return. Mind you I always book the specials. I know what you mean compared to border consulates.

Have not obtained TV in Hanoi. Can't advise.

In any event hcmc more fun

• Like 1

I think there are better places for 2 or 3 entry TV. Recently member posted his experience in Bali. Can search it. Think he got a triple entry.

I just love district 1 so hcmc suits me. Down side is being AU I need a visa.

In past I have had back to back TV there but that was some time ago. Best check.

"visa rules are getting better."

Please explain.

By that I mean they just recently allowed some Euro countries visa free to Vietnam for 15 days, and they also said US citizens may no longer need a visa in the future.

In addition, they're talking about doing year long visas, and making it easier to get a 6 month multi-entry visa.

• Like 1

"visa rules are getting better."

Please explain.

By that I mean they just recently allowed some Euro countries visa free to Vietnam for 15 days, and they also said US citizens may no longer need a visa in the future.

In addition, they're talking about doing year long visas, and making it easier to get a 6 month multi-entry visa.

You can check this website for a visa exemption to VN.

http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html

You must show the IO an onward ticket when you arrive

at the airports.

When you go to Thai consulate they want COPY OF YOUR ENTRY TO THAILAND.

You need a print out of your flight INTO Thailand. You do not need any proof of flight out. It has to within certain number of days of application. I think 30 ....not exactly sure. Anyway you get the gist

You need a print out of your flight INTO Thailand. You do not need any proof of flight out. It has to within certain number of days of application. I think 30 ....not exactly sure. Anyway you get the gist

All the detail of any "entry into Thailand" is clearly visible in a passport !

How are details of flights into Thailand obtained ?

How are details of flights into Thailand obtained ?[/quote

What??? Unless I'm drunk ..yet again. The OP is asking about obtaining a TV in Vietnam.

I advised when you go to Thai consulate in Vietnam...you will be required proof of ENTRY into Thailand.

This will need to be a print out of your plane booking. What the means is an A4 with your flight details. Pretty simple. Flashing your cell won't cut it.

The future details of entry into Thailand is not "printed into passport" ...mainly because its in the future.

Bit difficult for io to do that.

However I love the concept.

You have other pearlers?

Edited by jacksam

How are details of flights into Thailand obtained ?[/quote

What??? Unless I'm drunk ..yet again. The OP is asking about obtaining a TV in Vietnam.

I advised when you go to Thai consulate in Vietnam...you will be required proof of ENTRY into Thailand.

This will need to be a print out of your plane booking. What the means is an A4 with your flight details. Pretty simple. Flashing your cell won't cut it.

Proof of "ENTRY into Thailand " is within the passport in the form of a dated stamp !

Flight details do not provide evidence of "ENTRY" !

Oncearugge you will need to provide Thai consulate in HCMC with a PRINT OUT OF TRAVEL INTO THAILAND.

For example a plane reservation etc. . The website states "to and from Thailand" ignore that. Just a ticket into los is enough. Your going on about ITS IN YOUR PASSPORT.

No....for example ...what if I had flown directly from say AU into hcmc and now wish to apply for a TV to los. What's in my pp relating to Thailand. Nothing

Yes dance very cheap. BTW include jetstar in your searches. In past always more than AA but now sometimes cheaper. If somehow anyone forgets print out of inbound ticket to Thailand, there is a travel agent directly across the road that will do it for small charge.

Oncearugge you will need to provide Thai consulate in HCMC with a PRINT OUT OF TRAVEL INTO THAILAND.

For example a plane reservation etc. . The website states "to and from Thailand" ignore that. Just a ticket into los is enough. Your going on about ITS IN YOUR PASSPORT.

No....for example ...what if I had flown directly from say AU into hcmc and now wish to apply for a TV to los. What's in my pp relating to Thailand. Nothing

Read you early posts with a critical eye ..................Perhaps English is not your first language ?

AN air ticket does not provide ENTRY into Thailand .

English is my first language....rather than nit pic on English expression or a speelung contest. (Yes did sic on purpose as u in next to i) ....in any event . You are completely wrong about not needing some form of entry into Thai when applying for a TV at hcmc embassy.

Please stop confusing people with misinformation. I asked you in a PM how many times you have been through that process.

I already have my answer. ZIP

Just read your last comment again. "An airline ticket does not provide entry into Thailand" well sorta true , unless you wish to enter on visa exempt stamp. Then again you would not be at hcmc consulate applying for TV. That is what the op is about.

If you ever do the same.....just take your pp and no indication of future intention to enter los. You will NOT OBTAIN A TV. Seriously like a dog with a bone...let it go. Check your facts

Edited by jacksam

Louse....fun is a subjective thing. As they say one persons trash is anothers treasure.

Personally I find district 1 HCMC far more relaxed than the old quarter Hanoi.

District 1 is made up of families, backpacker couples. Young people traveling seeing the world and old expats like myself.

On a side note I apologize to ONCERUGGE.

I was carrying on about needing proof of entry to Thailand for TV in hcmc. Of course what I meant was print out of proposed entry into los.

Can blame too much red but that's no excuse.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information above - much appreciated.

I too am flying to HCH and intend to apply for a single entry TV at the Thai Embassy there. This will be my first time in Vietnam but not my first TV in this passport.

This is the most up to date posting I have read, other postings have included other requirements the Thai Embassy HCH have requested from applicants.

Can anybody confirm whether the following points are still required by the Thai Embassy there when applying for a single entry TV:

- Ownward flight/travel proof out of LOS within the requested visa timeframe?

- Proof of finances (at least THB 20,000)?

- Guarantor letter signed by Thai national confirming purpose of stay, address + Thai photo ID?

Thank you for your insight and advice.

You do not need any of the things you mention.

You need the obvious ones like ppl with 6 months etc.

You require obviously

The completed form.

Print out of your flight INTO los. Cell phone won't cut it.

Photo , fee etc.

That's it.

There is zero queue. Go anytime befor 11.30. Pick up following arvo. After about 1.30pm they enjoy lunch. The pick up will be 2 minutes. Head back to district 1 and drink Saigon green for 8000 doing . 15 baht.

Why do people do border runs.

Only single entry. If you need double entry go to hanoi.

You did not mention nationality. Get your letter of approval online. Happy days if your UK you get visa exempt 15