Recent Visa To Myanmar

junglechef

Hi.

Online is 50usd but they add a service charge of about 40usd.

Go to Star Travel. Small travel agency directly opposite Assist Thaivisa office on Chiang Mai Land Rd. 2000thb all inclusive. You get your passport back in 3 to 4 days.

Bring 2 passport photos.

Stig

Hi.

Online is 50usd but they add a service charge of about 40usd.

Go to Star Travel. Small travel agency directly opposite Assist Thaivisa office on Chiang Mai Land Rd. 2000thb all inclusive. You get your passport back in 3 to 4 days.

Bring 2 passport photos.

Stig

Bit confused why they need a passport as I assume I can a visa on-line w/o one.

Like Gonzo mentions, my first place to contact would be the Myanmar Consulate in CM. Why use an agent or pay extra when you can visit the consulate. I know its not been open very long but It would be a strange consulate if it can't issue tourist visa.

The $50.00 fee is the same whether you go to the consulate, on arrival or online. I strongly recommend doing it online in the comfort of your home.

When I tried to apply online last week it automatically added 40usd service charge to the 50usd visa fee. 90usd in total. I wasn't aware of a consulate in Chiang Mai but a friend had been to Myanmar e few months ago and he told me about the agency on Chiang Mai land Rd. They sent off the passport to Bangkok and ago few days later it came back with the visa in it. 2000thb

But it would make sense that the consulate in Chiang Mai can do it.

re

Yes, you can. But I understand it can take a while

hmmmmmm ..... if your right ?

why did they refuse a young family of three to check in for the flight i went on from chiang mai to yangon in april

coz they didnt have a valid visa in their passports

meaning they had nothing and just thought they could get on a flight

and get a voa .... nahhh ... didnt happen !

dave2

ps ... assist thia visa got my visa in three days for about 3000 ish baht?

post-42592-0-31066900-1441710108_thumb.j

Thanks all, I think just to be sure and save possible difficulties while traveling I'll go to one of the companies that provide this service.

That's just what I did when I flew from CM to Mandalay 10 yrs ago, they sent my passport to BKK for a few days, I just thought it might have changed now that the country is more open.

As for the consulate I might drop in first but as on poster says "Why use an agent or pay extra when you can visit the consulate. I know its not been open very long but It would be a strange consulate if it can't issue tourist visa." consulates are all different. I know that the British Consulate in CM can't do many simple things that the Embassy in BKK can.

As for the visa upon arrival conversation that often depends on one's passport, last year I went to Israel with my Thai GF and getting her a visa was near to impossible for there and as we had a connecting flight in Moscow I figured might as well spend a night or two and see the sights but as an American I would have had to go thru the visa procedure beforehand while she could get one upon arrival.

Thanks for all the posts.

Thanks all, I think just to be sure and save possible difficulties while traveling I'll go to one of the companies that provide this service.

That's just what I did when I flew from CM to Mandalay 10 yrs ago, they sent my passport to BKK for a few days, I just thought it might have changed now that the country is more open.

As for the consulate I might drop in first but as on poster says "Why use an agent or pay extra when you can visit the consulate. I know its not been open very long but It would be a strange consulate if it can't issue tourist visa." consulates are all different. I know that the British Consulate in CM can't do many simple things that the Embassy in BKK can.

As for the visa upon arrival conversation that often depends on one's passport, last year I went to Israel with my Thai GF and getting her a visa was near to impossible for there and as we had a connecting flight in Moscow I figured might as well spend a night or two and see the sights but as an American I would have had to go thru the visa procedure beforehand while she could get one upon arrival.

Thanks for all the posts.

'I know that the British Consulate in CM can't do many simple things that the Embassy in BKK can.' Closed 16 May 2015-CM UK conulate that is.