Fish Bowl Documentary on Netflix

wump

I just came across the Austrian documentary "Whore's Glory" on Netflix and the first 33 minutes is about the life of girls working in a fish bowl in Bangkok.

They show the place's name, the faces of the girls and the customers and talk about sex, blowjobs, prices and so on. How is this possible? Wouldn't the place be shut down by the authorities immediately after the movie was released?

And all the Thais talk in the open? Are they not really shy about it? The whole thing doesn't look scripted or fake at all though.

Please consider forum rules when replying. This topic is only about how this movie could be made possible, it's not for discussing prostitution itself.

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

Well it's on Netflix. Either go to netflix.com in your PC's browser or open the app in your TV, console, tablet or smartphone. Just use their search function to find the movie. Upon signing up Netflix is free for 30 days, you don't need to pay anything if you don't want to.

Edit: If you can't be bothered signing up for Netflix you literally get hundreds of streams by googling the exact phrase whore's glory documentary watch online free. Sorry, I am not allowed to post any direct links.

Edited by wump

Anyone with direct knowledge of the documentary and the place referenced? Is it real or staged?

Another thread with this question was closed just recently.

The place in Bangkok is easily identifiable.

I have seen the documentary about two years ago.

Its surely not scripted reality and gives a good insight.

The parts about India, South America (forgot which country) show how ugly and dirty the business can be (compared to Thailand).

Disgusting.

Wouldn't the place be shut down by the authorities immediately after the movie was released?

It would if this doc would be shown in a Thai media in Thai language/subscript (which will not happen).

Its the usual Thai hypocrisy. Everybody knows whats going in behind doors, but the surface is clean and has proper ethics.

There are so many "farang" media (forums, videos, pictures) describing/depicting the business.

Do they close the venues based on that?

There are some "grey" websites who claim to have it online.

Seems to work but will not link here.

Do a search on your own.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Good advice. I didn't even check for the simplest route.

Yeah you ain't missed much.

I saw it on Youtube recently & it's a bunch of bleeding-heart-liberals on & on about the world's oldest profession. I watched it for all of 90 seconds & had to move on.

The one I saw had some rough-looking women in it.

How they got the footage is amazing though.