Does anyone wear elephant pants?

finy

Um, finy. Yesterday's thread on 'wife beater' shirts was closed down for poor taste. Weren't you the OP on that one too? And you were criticized for using a local, and low, UK term for underwear, which may be special for you but the rest of us could not care.

Check the internet for LOUDMOUTH pants. Lots of good ideas there.

Like fishermans pants that fold across and tie?

No fly - everything falls out of the one or two pockets....only one length unless you fit ladies....

You see the blend in expats from time to time with matching top walking around looking totally displaced in a stupid way....toting a man purse because the pockets are useless....

Bought a couple of pair many years ago.....Only break them out if in shorts and needed for walking on hallowed grounds....

Total nightmare at toilet use and the ties never feel secure even if you roll the top.....They never look clean cut or sharp....

FIL wears working his farm but never goes off property with them....

Comfy level? Shorts of the right materials are better in all respects....

Elephants would look stupid in pants....And most men wearing these do too....Girls with cute figures can pull it off....← then the tug on the tie strap comes in handy !!!!

Edited by pgrahmm

The young Chinese tourist couples like them, they must sell millions of them annually. The elephant pattern design does seem to be the most popular. They do look comfy but they would not flatter my physique. whistling.gif

Edited by daoyai

They do look cute on the slim, young tourists. Just screams out that they've been in Chiang Mai long enough to visit the Night Bazaar and have at least one pair of pants that are fairly clean. But for anyone who is over age 30 and/or has a BMI over 19, they just look ridiculous.

Edited by NancyL

Um, finy. Yesterday's thread on 'wife beater' shirts was closed down for poor taste.

Not really.

(Was closed because some people apparently don't Google when they don't immediately understand something.)

post-64232-0-80135800-1441694666_thumb.j

post-64232-0-76533700-1441694680_thumb.j

And this topic seems to be heading the same way.

Hello.. this is what Google is for, when discussing anything with people who didn't grow up in the exact same neighborhood as you.

post-64232-0-97367600-1441694787_thumb.j

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

saw people wearing these, and in truth, did not mind a bit.

Wear what your want, and be comfortable. If you are comfortable, you will be more approachable. (If that is what you want). Get a pair with ATM machines stitched on them...and dollar bills falling out of the pockets.

I love to wear jeans with sweatshirts...but cannot. the heat is just unbearable. I wore leather boots with jeans and went out dancing with my wife.....almost died for fashion.

Elephant pants would of made me dance.

Edited by slipperylobster

Winnie - agreed, it's a popular name most people should understand, but there is always Google. I managed to find some pretty easily at the mall.

Umbanda - yeah, seen the site before, pretty cool idea.

Thanks everyone else for your replies.

Um, finy. Yesterday's thread on 'wife beater' shirts was closed down for poor taste.

Not really.

(Was closed because some people apparently don't Google when they don't immediately understand something.)

And this topic seems to be heading the same way.

Hello.. this is what Google is for, when discussing anything with people who didn't grow up in the exact same neighborhood as you.

It's almost like you purposely chose some of the most disturbing photos available to illustrate the point, lol. The elephant trunk low rise briefs are better reserved for a Key West, FL Halloween party.

I'll defer commenting on the Steven Seagal wannabe with the club in his hand.

Edited by TheAppletons

Like fishermans pants that fold across and tie?

No fly - everything falls out of the one or two pockets....only one length unless you fit ladies....

Total nightmare at toilet use and the ties never feel secure even if you roll the top.....They never look clean cut or sharp....

FIL wears working his farm but never goes off property with them....

Comfy level? Shorts of the right materials are better in all respects....

I have found the dark blue traditional farmers pants (I would never wear any of the pants with designs) to be quite comfortable. But yes, very informal, one step up from wearing a pakama. The trick is learning how to properly tie the knot in front, a skill few Farangs take the time to master. But once the correct knot is mastered, the pants fit quite securely.

I have found the dark blue traditional farmers pants (I would never wear any of the pants with designs) to be quite comfortable. But yes, very informal, one step up from wearing a pakama. The trick is learning how to properly tie the knot in front, a skill few Farangs take the time to master. But once the correct knot is mastered, the pants fit quite securely.

Do you know where one could purchase these?

They look a lot better and just as comfortable.

Cheers for the suggestion.

Edited by finy

I'm happy to wear them around the house - nice and comfy and as previously stated once you tie the correct knot they're secure

I'll occasionally wear them if I'm popping round the corner to the 7-11 and I can't be bothered to change into shorts - seeing that some locals wear their pyjamas to 7-11 I don't feel too underdressed ;)

Do you know where one could purchase these?

Just ask around or look around any traditional Thai market. In Northern Thai they are called kangkeng salong. In Central Thai kangkeng peun muang.

It appears that they are preferred by Stateless expats, who lack the funds to make a trip to where they came from occasionally, and pick up some decent clothes. Also, a number of trashpackers, on the accelerated road to poverty wear them. Guess who is going to be the first to piss in the bottle, when the BiB show up?

It appears that they are preferred by Stateless expats, who lack the funds to make a trip to where they came from occasionally, and pick up some decent clothes. Also, a number of trashpackers, on the accelerated road to poverty wear them. Guess who is going to be the first to piss in the bottle, when the BiB show up?

Do you endlessly slam others to bolster your self esteem? Seriously, an article of clothing inspires such scorn? you got issues.