Myanmar man arrested in Phuket for attempted theft from pick-up truck

webfact

Myanmar man arrested in Phuket for attempted theft from pick-up truck
Eakkapop Thongtub

1441876575_1-org.jpg
Saw San-u was apprehended by villagers whilst attempting to steal cash from a parked pick-up truck.

PHUKET: -- A Myanmar man was arrested yesterday evening (Sept 9) for attempting to steal over B100,000 in cash from a pick-up truck in Srisoonthon.

Thalang police received a call from Baan Tha Reur village headman, Chalermchai Klong-ngam, at 6:45pm yesterday stating that villagers had apprehended a man who was caught trying to steal B137,784 in cash from a pick-up truck, which had parked but still had its engine running, on the northbound section of Thepkrasattri Rd about 100 metres before Heroines Monument.

Police arrived and arrested the man, named as Saw San-u, 37, from Myanmar, who was found by the truck's owner inside the truck trying to steal the money from a zipped-up bag.

The victim, Chaiwat Pinkaew, told police that he had left his Isuzu Dmax with the engine running whilst he ran a quick errand.

“I had left a bag with B137,784 inside on the seat.

“I ran to my pick-up when I heard villagers yelling. The man opened the driver's door, turned off the truck engine and reached for the money inside the bag.

“We managed to apprehend him and got the village headman to call the police,” said Chaiwat.

Saw was taken to Thalang Police Station where he was charged with attempted theft.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/myanmar-an-arrested-in-phuket-for-attempted-theft-from-pick-up-truck-54041.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-10

"The victim, Chaiwat Pinkaew, told police that he had left his Isuzu Dmax with the engine running whilst he ran a quick errand.
“I had left a bag with B137,784 inside on the seat."

Victim or idiot? You can't fix stupid.

Maybe defense could be "I was turning off the engine to help slow global climate change"?