Members - Expats Vs. Visitors

Insight

Ratio of Expats/Residents to Visitors  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Expat - working full time (but not in Thailand).

Engaged to be married to a Thai. We will live abroad for 4 years and then retire to Thailand. But I'll be too young for a geeza visa, so I'll just get a support wifey visa.

bluecat...you feline/swine cross breed, tutsi has always been up front with his circumstances and this has resulted with my scouts on the rooftops of our small town observing the suspicious movements of locally unknown individuals...they carry bundles that could either be automatic weapons or court sommonses from legal venues worldwide.

Tutsi shares his misfortune for the entertainment of this forum without any expectation of reward or otherwise acknowlegement of his wit and superior writing abilities and for his trouble is pursued by sinister 'security personnel' wanting a scapegoat for the world's problems...

there is a water tower that I can see from my window available for tutsi's last stand...'come and get me coppers!!!' However presently the weather prohibits a leather jacket and snap brim hat sported by James Cagney in 'White Heat'.

I note that my fellow Nobel laureate Mr VS Naipul will be coming to BKK this week. If after discussion we find that exposure of my identity would be advantageous this forum shall be the first to be so advised...

Insight, my apologies for my limited english, "live and work out here etc."

does it mean you need a work permit to work out?

If so, where and with who?

To reply your question, I have a work permit since 1992, that's the 20th century. During last renewal, I told them, my main job is to prepare the yearly paperwork for extension. No time, to do anything else.

civilized consumers in central thailand rely upon the appropriate water treatment technology...maybe this is why there is a local subversive movement afoot...someone in a Stanley Kubrick movie said that water chlorination and communist subversion go hand in hand...something about 'vital bodily fluids'...

Live in Adelaide 10 or so months a year with my Thai Wife and Step Son.

We are comitted to staying here untill he completes his High school education and if he decides on going further, then we reasess the situation.

We stay in Issarn near KhonKaen, where have a house and at present am renovating, have added inside toilet and shower, new kitchen, 6' brick fence and a few other bits and pieces.

Live in Adelaide 10 or so months a year with my Thai Wife and Step Son.

We are comitted to staying here untill he completes his High school education and if he decides on going further, then we reasess the situation.

We stay in Issarn near KhonKaen, where have a house and at present am renovating, have added inside toilet and shower, new kitchen, 6" brick fence and a few other bits and pieces.

Six inch fence Bronco ? That'll keep you safe from all onslaughts :o Might you have meant six foot ? Bloody VB

what about the horrible monitor lizards?....they seem to be able to slither anywhere they want. I left the screen door open once and found one of the monsters eyeing up my 18 month old niece. She was unpreturbed and squirted baby formula on it from her bottle...I took a broom to the mother and chased it out. Later to the rear of our house where there is undeveloped land by the back window I saw a 2 meter reptile waltzing about like he owned the place...no predators, you see.

beware the reptilian intruders

what about the horrible monitor lizards?....they seem to be able to slither anywhere they want. I left the screen door open once and found one of the monsters eyeing up my 18 month old niece. She was unpreturbed and squirted baby formula on it from her bottle...I took a broom to the mother and chased it out. Later to the rear of our house where there is undeveloped land by the back window I saw a 2 meter reptile waltzing about like he owned the place...no predators, you see.

beware the reptilian intruders

Bronco obviously knew that Tutsi. Our Bronc knows about security :o

don' know about that...all indications are that there is a reptilian conspiracy more insidious than whatever muslim fundamentalist group that you could name...bent upon devouring small unsuspecting humans and mutating...beware and inspect the children for vertically aligned irises...

Insight, my apologies for my limited english, "live and work out here etc."

does it mean you need a work permit to work out?

If so, where and with who?

To reply your question, I have a work permit since 1992, that's the 20th century. During last renewal, I told them, my main job is to prepare the yearly paperwork for extension. No time, to do anything else.

By "live and work out here etc.", I mean "live and work out here etc.".

Seriously, thanks for all the replies.

Working Isaan 9 years so far. Have 2 great kids, wonderful thai wife, house etc. Moved with company to europe (awful), returned a year ago with same company and have never felt such a relief coming thru bangkok immigration. This country is home to me now.

Welcome home. An expat with attitude. A good attitude too :o