Palestine flag to be raised over UN

webfact

That is nothing but spin. Israel ACCEPTED the UN deal. The Arabs REFUSED it. Those are irrefutable facts that are in any credible history book. rolleyes.gif Any territory taken afterward was in response to wars started and LOST by the Arabs.

Abbas faults Arab refusal of 1947 U.N. Palestine plan

Arabs made a "mistake" by rejecting a 1947 U.N. proposal that would have created a Palestinian state alongside the nascent Israel, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said in an interview aired on Friday.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/10/28/uk-palestinians-israel-abbas-idUKTRE79R66U20111028

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UN members voted 119 for, 8 against to fly the Palestinian flag.
UN member countries voted 70% for recognition of the state of Palestinian with more to follow.
Despite all the Israeli apologists' phony semantics over the word Palestine and spurious history that is meaningless in 2015 anyway, the world knows the truth. The flag is flying, and it ain't going to be unflown. Palestine is recognized by the majority of the world's countries, and it aint going to be unrecognized.
So Israel needs to face reality, make a just peace with its neighbors, and jointly build a prosperous secure future side by side, with both their flags flying in Jerusalem as well as outside the UN.
Shalom.

Well, dexterm, it is easy to return Assalam-aleykhum to your Shalom.

But it won't be so easy to make a just peace between Israel and its neighbors. And semantics is not the real problem.

As you just said "the flag is flying and 'Palestine' is recognized by the majority of the World countries" - Congratulations! ... or 'mazzl-tov' if you prefer.

What's next? I can see big problems with "building a prosperous secure future side by side".

Oil and water do not mix well, even if UN would like it.

This is Middle East. Nobody, not even UN have abolished the blood feud. And too much of blood has been spilled by now.

Are you discounting the 3,000 years of hostilities? Are you forgetting the interference by Saudi's, Qatar, Iran and other players?

Are you ignoring the fact of dealing with Judaism and Islam? Are you arranging alliance between nomads and high tech society? What are they going to build together?

I am afraid that you and UN are trying to stitch up a 'chimera', a monster, an unnatural creature that isn't found in nature.

But good luck anyway. giggle.gif

UN members voted 119 for, 8 against to fly the Palestinian flag.
UN member countries voted 70% for recognition of the state of Palestinian with more to follow.
Despite all the Israeli apologists' phony semantics over the word Palestine and spurious history that is meaningless in 2015 anyway, the world knows the truth. The flag is flying, and it ain't going to be unflown. Palestine is recognized by the majority of the world's countries, and it aint going to be unrecognized.
So Israel needs to face reality, make a just peace with its neighbors, and jointly build a prosperous secure future side by side, with both their flags flying in Jerusalem as well as outside the UN.
Shalom.

Well, dexterm, it is easy to return Assalam-aleykhum to your Shalom.

But it won't be so easy to make a just peace between Israel and its neighbors. And semantics is not the real problem.

As you just said "the flag is flying and 'Palestine' is recognized by the majority of the World countries" - Congratulations! ... or 'mazzl-tov' if you prefer.

What's next? I can see big problems with "building a prosperous secure future side by side".

Oil and water do not mix well, even if UN would like it.

This is Middle East. Nobody, not even UN have abolished the blood feud. And too much of blood has been spilled by now.

Are you discounting the 3,000 years of hostilities? Are you forgetting the interference by Saudi's, Qatar, Iran and other players?

Are you ignoring the fact of dealing with Judaism and Islam? Are you arranging alliance between nomads and high tech society? What are they going to build together?

I am afraid that you and UN are trying to stitch up a 'chimera', a monster, an unnatural creature that isn't found in nature.

But good luck anyway. giggle.gif

If Israel refuses to make a deal with Palestine, they will be in for another 3,000 years of conflict.

Actually they won't because the Arab Israelis will breed themselves into a majority that will take revenge on the Jewish Israelis, and Israel will be only a memory.

Arab leaders and governments rejected the plan of partition in the resolution[7] and indicated an unwillingness to accept any form of territorial division.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Partition_Plan_for_Palestine

Sorry. Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Anyone can edit it.

Very true, but but when something is COMMON KNOWLEDGE and is written in every credible history book, it is as good source as any. cheesy.gif

On November 29, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly adopted Resolution 181 (also known as the Partition Resolution) that would divide Great Britain’s former Palestinian mandate into Jewish and Arab states in May 1948. Under the resolution, the area of religious significance surrounding Jerusalem would remain under international control administered by the United Nations. The Palestinian Arabs refused to recognize this arrangement

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/arab-israeli-war

If Israel refuses to make a deal with Palestine, they will be in for another 3,000 years of conflict.

The Palestinians have been refusing to make a deal since they refused the opportunity for their own country in 1945 and Israel is WAY better off than they will ever be. The Palestinians are the ones committing suicide.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The Palestinians have been refusing to make a deal since they refused the opportunity for their own country in 1945 and Israel is WAY better off than they will ever be. The Palestinians are the ones committing suicide.

Dream on. The Arabs aren't going away. Millions and millions and millions of them and hardly any Jewish Israelis in comparison. Doesn't look too good for the future of the Zionists.

Really? Maybe you haven't noticed but Israel has been kicking their butts for almost 70 years and Israel keeps getting better and better, while the Arabs descend into chaos. . laugh.png

"Israel keeps getting better and better..." at what? Stealing the Palestinian's land?

The increasing number of countries that recognize Palestine as a state isn't a sign that they're descending into "chaos". Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact.

The legalistic pilpul nitpicking phony history trumped up by the Israeli apologists may be OK for school debating societies, but it doesnt cut the mustard with 4.5 million Palestinian refugees, most of whom weren't even born 70 plus years ago. Nor are the majority of the world's nations buying the hoax: Israel plays the victim, when it is in fact the bully. Hence their vote in the OP to raise the Palestinian flag and recognize the state.

A flag is symbolic in many ways, and I'm sure it will prove a constant reminder to Israeli and US delegates as they enter the UN building each day, that the tide has turned, the game is up, the Palestinians and their right to self determination are here to stay.

If Israel's largest trading partner the EU imposes sanctions, Israel will be one of the most isolated countries in the world, when with a just peace agreement it could be the powerhouse of the entire Middle East. If Israel were a company I'd sack its board of directors for their lousy business plan.

It's time Israel and its apologists started looking towards the future rather than playing semantics with the past.

Really? Maybe you haven't noticed but Israel has been kicking their butts for almost 70 years and Israel keeps getting better and better, while the Arabs descend into chaos. . laugh.png

"Israel keeps getting better and better..." at what?

Are you joking? Just since 2001, Israel's GDP has grown 1,000 percent and its economy is now larger than Egypt's economy despite the fact that Egypt has 10 times Israel's population. The tiny State Of Israel is becoming a High-Tech Superpower.

thaibeachlover, let me quote you:

< If Israel refuses to make a deal with Palestine, they will be in for another 3,000 years of conflict.>

< Actually they won't because the Arab Israelis will breed themselves into a majority that will take revenge on the Jewish Israelis, and Israel will be only a memory.>

< Dream on. The Arabs aren't going away. Millions and millions and millions of them and hardly any Jewish Israelis in comparison. Doesn't look too good for the future of the Zionists.>

Now let me tell you this:

The general thrust of your expressions seems to me a warmongers dream mixed with hatred for "Zionists" which is a common trick of today allowing to pull your pants over your anti-semitic head.

But this isn't a problem for Jews, Israel or the rest of the World.

The real problem for you, for people who 'like' you here and more importantly for your sponsored Arabs - is the fact that times have changed, the great numbers are no longer a great advantage.

Doesn't look too good for the future of Arabs, maybe?

The legalistic pilpul nitpicking phony history trumped up by the Israeli apologists may be OK for school debating societies, but it doesnt cut the mustard with 4.5 million Palestinian refugees, most of whom weren't even born 70 plus years ago. Nor are the majority of the world's nations buying the hoax: Israel plays the victim, when it is in fact the bully. Hence their vote in the OP to raise the Palestinian flag and recognize the state.
A flag is symbolic in many ways, and I'm sure it will prove a constant reminder to Israeli and US delegates as they enter the UN building each day, that the tide has turned, the game is up, the Palestinians and their right to self determination are here to stay.
If Israel's largest trading partner the EU imposes sanctions, Israel will be one of the most isolated countries in the world, when with a just peace agreement it could be the powerhouse of the entire Middle East. If Israel were a company I'd sack its board of directors for their lousy business plan.
It's time Israel and its apologists started looking towards the future rather than playing semantics with the past.

Exceptionally good post.

Factual, to the point, and without rancor.

All this is so nauseatingly disingenuous. Any basic research into "Palestinian" public opinion clearly shows the majority do not want peaceful coexistence with the Jewish state of Israel but rather they wish Israel to no longer exist and the many millions of Jews there who are mostly Israel born either gone or killed.

The Israel demonizers game is so obvious. They want Israel to voluntarily weaken so that those goals are possible and easier. Don't bet on Israelis being that stupid.

Edited by Jingthing

The Palestinian Authority and Hamas have received billions of dollars in foreign aid and support, but instead of joining in Israel's modern economic boom and encouraging partnerships, the Palestinian political leaders have invested in rocket launchers and terror tunnels instead.

Funny How people seem to think they are the center of the world...

here are the countries which already recognize Palestine as a state...

palestineRecognition6001.jpg

All this is so nauseatingly disingenuous. Any basic research into "Palestinian" public opinion clearly shows the majority do not want peaceful coexistence with the Jewish state of Israel but rather they wish Israel to no longer exist and the many millions of Jews there who are mostly Israel born either gone or killed.

The Israel demonizers game is so obvious. They want Israel to voluntarily weaken so that those goals are possible and easier. Don't bet on Israelis being that stupid.

By recognizing Palestine as a state, most of the world seems to disagree with you.

My friend dexterm,

Let me be frank and earnest with you.

1. I do not like your 'likes' - but this is of no importance to any of us.

2. I do not like your style of writing - but this is also only a matter of taste.

3. I disagree with your beliefs - and this is essential. Since we both are entitled to expressing our beliefs let me make a few comments:

I said it before and repeat again - Any Flag of any Nation - is only as significant as the Nation is. From this point of view "Palestinian" flag is a piece of cloth. And it will be that much for a long time.

No piece of cloth can turn the tide. Other uses are possible... But I'm sure that Israeli and US representatives entering UN will pose and salute before the "Palestinian" colours.

The "Palestinians", their right for self determination and their right to a State - all of this is yet to be proved. So far they have wasted 70 years. I am afraid in the next 70 years they will prove not much, but I wish them luck.

As to Israel's largest trading partner (EU) imposing sanctions - you are welcome to advise them on this. I am sure they like their position already as we speak. However if you and your sympathizers think about cucumbers and oranges - think again.

I could name more than one country that would be glad to supply Israels needs in return for technology and co-operation in Middle East who wouldn't give a damn about a bunch of terrorist-jihadists of unknown origin.

I am not an Israeli, but one thing I know for sure, - Israel's future may be not clear but it is nowhere near Arabs.

Edited by ABCer

Piece of cloth "flag" uses of? Maybe Hillary can use it to "wipe" her server.

Sorry.

Anyway we all know how the many enemies of Israel disrespect the Israeli flag. Oh my, a state with a Mogen David flag in the middle east. Clearly drives then bonkers.

Yes it's about Jews. If Israel was yet another Muslim state in the region the Euro lefties wouldn't give it a second thought even if their perceived misbehavior was 100 times worse than Israel.

Don't bother denying that.

Edited by Jingthing

By recognizing Palestine as a state, most of the world seems to disagree with you.

DeaconJohn, thanks for republishing this map of the world.

Now every TV member can see what is the importance of this puny tiny spot almost invisible on the map.

Their total population is about 1/1,000 of the world's population.

Can not overestimate their importance for the future of the World!

Let them be. Leave them alone. And we will all benefit.

Or listen to Iran, listen to Arabs, help breaking them and we will all be gone soon.

Edited by ABCer

DeaconJohn, thanks for republishing this map of the world.

Now every TV member can see what is the importance of this puny tiny spot almost invisible on the map.

Their total population is about 1/1,000 of the world's population.

Can not overestimate their importance for the future of the World!

Let them be. Leave them alone. And we will all benefit.

Or listen to Iran, listen to Arabs, help breaking them and we will all be gone soon.

You deliberately confuse Zionists with Jews. Judaism is a religion, which doesnt bother me one iota. Zionism is a racial supremacist political movement which I despise. Not all Jews are Zionists; not even all Israeli Jews are Zionists.
Thanks for the map of countries recognizing Palestine, DeaconJohn, which vividly demonstrates how isolated Israel would be if EU introduced sanctions. Dont forget, ABCer, that European governments are elected democratically. As more Europeans become aware of the great Israeli lie through the social and international media, EU policies will change. France, Sweden, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Belgium, Malta and Poland voted for the Palestinian flag flying. The rest of EU abstained. Not one voted against it. No friends for Israel there. The writing is on the wall.
You are in a state of denial about Palestinians' right to self determination. You are on the wrong side of history.
You are also playing the Israel victim card, when in fact Israel is the aggressor. Israel is the illegal occupier. If Israel ends the occupation of 4.5 million Palestinians, and reaches a just peace agreement with its neighbors, then I too will celebrate Israel finally joining the family of civilized democracies, waving both Israeli and Palestinian flags. It's inevitable.
Edited by dexterm

You deliberately confuse Zionists with Jews.

He understands that many haters of Jews, substitute the word "Zionists" as a code word. It is not politically correct to admit the truth about their bigotry and it is easier to trick the gullible public about their real motives.

He understands that many haters of Jews, substitute the word "Zionists" as a code word. It is not politically correct to admit the truth about their bigotry and it is easier to trick the gullible public about their real motives.

It is also used by Israel itself to create confusion and hope that the "antisemit" card will work ad vitam eternam...

Howerver this is not working anymore and you are a part of this card.

So if you condemn Iran politic you re antimuslin right?

As you probably think Saoudi Arabia is a terrorist country you also should be anti arab right?

Oh and as you probably don't like Putin politic you re anti-russian...

Your "anti-zionism= antisemitism" is part of the past for 90% of the world population...

It is also used by Israel itself to create confusion and hope that the "antisemit" card will work ad vitam eternam...

As you probably think Saoudi Arabia is a terrorist country you also should be anti arab right?

Your "anti-zionism= antisemitism" is part of the past for 90% of the world population...

Spot on.

The old canard of anti-Semitism has been done to death.

You're quite right, it's not working anymore.

The day that the world would be a better place would be the day when both flags are flying next to each other.

It seems to me that most folks on this particular forum are waiting for this moment.

Sad that some "brave" soldiers don't see it that way.

Oh and as we critic the Junta here in Thailand, we are also probably anti-thai, right?

The English kicked Irish butt for 600 years and had to make peace in the end. Are you thinking that the Arabs will come to love being oppressed? Good luck with that.

The English kicked Irish butt for 600 years and had to make peace in the end. Are you thinking that the Arabs will come to love being oppressed? Good luck with that.
Try not to make the mistake that many of our one issue activists here make, namely seeing Palestine and Israel in isolation. If Israel makes peace with her neighbors the rug will be pulled out from under the feet of the Palestinians, who will no longer be able to get away behaving like petulant children. Aside from tilting at windmills with the UN or BDS campaigns Palestinians should be honest with themselves and realize how counter productive their behavior is.

Egypt and the Gulf states are currently clearing Iran's proxy out of Yemen, this will be followed by Iran being neutralized itself, just as Abbas tries to enlist Iranian help. The Palestinian leadership has a rare gift for putting itself in the wrong camp when the dust finally settles.

Are you joking? Just since 2001, Israel's GDP has grown 1,000 percent and its economy is now larger than Egypt's economy despite the fact that Egypt has 10 times Israel's population. The tiny State Of Israel is becoming a High-Tech Superpower.

On the back of American aid.........

What a joke on all the rest of the world.

On the back of American aid.........

What a joke on all the rest of the world.

Yeah sure. Another Israel demonization canard. The Israelis are so lazy ... sitting on their tuchuses waiting for the checks from Uncle Sammy.