Koh Tao murders: 2 DNA profiles from alleged murder weapon do not match defendants' DNA

webfact

I do wonder how the poor hard done by Mayor of Koh TAo is feeling now since the trial started and international media has gone into overdrive on this case:

January 2015

Koh Tao Mayor Blasts UK Media's 'Negative Reporting'

"It may mislead foreign tourists who have never been to Koh Tao to think that Koh Tao is full of mafia who like to kill or exploit foreign tourists," Chaiyan said. "This is really what some foreign tourists think. I've seen them talking on social media."

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422251882

Keep it up hacks! The more exposure on this sham and injustice the better!!

Another big wig who won't accept reality and responsibility. These Thais are anally retentive. Another for the new farang attitude adjustment retraining or FAART.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we continue to argue amongst ourselves on who is right and who is wrong, there is still a deafening silence coming from Koh Tao. There must be many who surely know the facts about this case. People do talk and I wonder how long will it be until someone breaks that silence and the floodgates open, it's only a matter of time. Let's not forget that the two Burmese lads are about to give evidence, could that be the start ?

Whilst we continue to argue amongst ourselves on who is right and who is wrong, there is still a deafening silence coming from Koh Tao. There must be many who surely know the facts about this case. People do talk and I wonder how long will it be until someone breaks that silence and the floodgates open, it's only a matter of time. Let's not forget that the two Burmese lads are about to give evidence, could that be the start ?

I'm not sure there's many that know the true facts but a small few yes. The rest may well have strong suspicions but like us lack evidence. Expats living there may have strong suspicions but again lack evidence and their certainly not going to be mouthing off about those suspicions because of the fear factor. We've heard from many quaters this is something you just do not talk about in KT. If they are able to scare of numerous translators in Koh Samui and keep their mouths shut then they are very capable of doing the same to people in KT especially since most of them work or are connected in some way to the powerful people.

FEAR IS A GREAT SILENCER. I just hope and pray that at least one person may find it within their heart and soul to be brave enough to break this silence and others may follow. Sadly I somehow doubt it will happen...... self preservation is an instinct akin to us all.

post-229227-0-60659400-1444301720_thumb.

I'm not sure there's many that know the true facts but a small few yes. The rest may well have strong suspicions but like us lack evidence. Expats living there may have strong suspicions but again lack evidence and their certainly not going to be mouthing off about those suspicions because of the fear factor. We've heard from many quaters this is something you just do not talk about in KT. If they are able to scare of numerous translators in Koh Samui and keep their moths shut then they are very capable of doing the same to people in KT especially since most of them work or are connected in some way to the powerful people.

It's actually evidence that by scaring people off they are protecting their own and not the b2. Pretty obvious I would think to any observer. And about time these scum are brought to rights.

I

From the many reports I've read I'm convinced the B2 were tortured into making their confessions, which were subsequently retracted. Several TVF posters have asked the question as to whether the accused will 'spill the beans' by naming other(s) possibly more directly involved in the murders, when they take the stand this weekend.

I think it highly unlikely they will expand there statements beyond "we went to the beach, drank beer, played guitar, sang (and with whom), smoked ciggies, swam and went home to bed at ?? am. The reason I say this is because in this particular case there has been a sinister undercurrent of threats, and as we know the local KT residents appear to be living in fear of saying anything unfavourable about the island's influential family(s).

Let's not forget the B2's parents are attending the trial and are now unfortunate 'celebrities', easily identifiable and traceable within Myanmar because of the attention this trial has attracted.

It seems to me the B2 may well have been threatened that if they do 'name names', then their parents will suffer the consequences of their testimonies.

As Churchill said, some people's idea of freedom of speech is that they can say whatever they want but if anyone talks back it's an outrage.

It's obvious that there is a concerted effort to silence differing views on this issue, so it's not a matter of saying something that may be wrong or right, it's a matter of maintaining a particular narrative; anything that even hints at a deviation from it is quickly attacked. The thing is, sooner or later this narrative bubble will pop, so why bother arguing in the meantime?

Well, perhaps because in the meantime people are being accused of being murderers and rapists on such ludicrous reasoning as hair was found on one of the victims, that may or may not be blonde, here's a guy wearing a blond wig (which certainly wouldn't be made off full human hairs) therefore he must have taken part in the crime. It's ridiculous and would be funny if the accusations (done in the name of defending people that have been supposedly wrongfully accused no less) weren't so serious; personally I hope the people being accused seek legal redress.

I doubt you believe the Burmese kids guilty, and your professions that you do makes it hard to be objective when you make other points. However, I do agree with the main thrust of your argument here.

It is fine to point out that the "blond" hair should have been properly investigated. Losing it (sorry, "putting it on one side") is not just bad investigating but extremely suspicious. Accusing people of being involved in the crime on the basis that they wear wigs and might be unsavory characters is something else. It is an unwarranted attack on those not here to defend themselves.

I would note that you have been guilty of unwarranted attacks yourself. I can, for instance, recall your attempts to suggest that Andy Hall's efforts to help the Burmese kids was motivated by self interest. This was at least as bad as the attacks you (legitimately) complain about. There are other examples.

I do not like much of what you say, AleG. However, within broad limits you should be free to express yourself. My defending that right does not mean I approve of you.

Bravo,sir! I totally agree with your point about "unwarranted attacks", and accusing people of doing something of which you are equally guilty I believe is called hypocrisy!

Perhaps Andy Hall's lawyer's should be seeking legal redress against AleG?

Edited by sambum

How about an unsigned note by one or more 'insiders' telling what they know / what they've seen or heard - dropped off at a cop station.

There are 3 or more perps either on or connected to the island who know what happened. It's human nature for people to tell at least one or two people they're close to - about significant goings-on. There are at least a dozen people on (or connected to) the island who know. It could even be two dozen or more.

Then again, it could devolve to a situation like happened when the youngest son of a VIP shot and killed a cop. The altercation happened in a Bkk nightclub and there were at least a dozen eyewitnesses. Yet none, I repeat none had the courage to speak the truth. The reason is the same reason no one has spoken up about the KT crime: VIP's become VIP's in Thailand by mafia-like methods. It doesn't take much imagination to ascertain how they maintain their iron grip. It also relates to the another headman who was shot and killed at close range in daytime, at a public place on Ko Tao - yet again, not one witness had the courage to speak about it. Is this a nation of scaredy cats, or what?

Andy Hall added 4 new photos — with MW RN and 6 others.
6 mins ·

Finally after 5 hours delay in Bangkok due to smog from Indonesia preventing all planes from landing in Koh Samui, some of the Koh Tao defence team now departing on our way for Koh Samui where we will all be meeting defendants Wai Phyo and Zaw Lin at Koh Samui prison tomorrow morning. Our prison visit tomorrow is to prepare the two defendants one final time for their 10/11th Oct testimony in the final scheduled witness hearing for the Koh Tao murder case this whole weekend.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Johnnley has more than 1500 posts and is hardly a troll on Thaivisa even for asking a question like that,

And the reply from boomerangutang is fair enough , who would you trust ? Not KT police station but who else?

If someone has vital information about that guy or any other suspects who would you contact , high ranked officials in Bangkok , the defence team of B2, or some honest Thai investigators who would like to continue the hunt for suspecrs after this trial is over.

This is so typical of the bullying on these Koh Tao threads. The post from Johnniey was certainly not a troll post, it was a reasonable question posed in a reasonable way. But anyone who dares depart from the script, who dares to question the theories of the amateur detectives is immediately deemed a troll and is subjected to abuse. Ganging up to get dissenters suspended or banned etc etc. That is what is truly sickening. This thread has now descended into a pretty much exclusive mutual back slapping club.

Totally agree with you.
The show of those people who drool on page length still the same catchphrases is unique and I wish they can continue.
Needless to seek an objective response, you will be immediately insulted and feel genius they will claim loudly that you put in to stay well ignored them. Great on an exchange forum...
Flying above the cuckoo's nest violin.gif

Anyone else find the weekend court schedule odd? I've never been to court here but I had thought it would be closed in Saturday and Sunday's.. No?

It is one of the few events in this whole sorry episode that pleased me. "Justice delayed is justice denied." There was a need for extra time to allow defense witnesses to testify. Satisfying the schedules of three judges, plus prosecution and defense lawyers, during the week in a timely fashion would have been impossible. The judges made the decision to forego a weekend to keep the trial moving. Kudos to them.

FEAR IS A GREAT SILENCER. I just hope and pray that at least one person may find it within their heart and soul to be brave enough to break this silence and others may follow. Sadly I somehow doubt it will happen...... self preservation is an instinct akin to us all.

Trisha there are many good people in Thailand but unfortunately power and money rules all, humans are naturally tribal, it is an instinct that we are slowly evolving away from as the smart people recognise how destructive it is, some use it as a tool, the day every person on this planet is able to stand up and think for themselves rather than conform or submit to temptations of the flesh - greed or money we may see humans actually evolve into something that we can all be proud of, it is a long long way off and quite possibly destruction will happen first, for the supposed most intelligent creatures on this planet our record is nothing to write about.

Laws - police - courts and justice systems are maturing over time in most parts of the world, an attempt to keep people safe and punnish those that abuse, the west has progressed these last 150 or so years - some countries have not

Trisha there are many good people in Thailand but unfortunately power and money rules all, humans are naturally tribal, it is an instinct that we are slowly evolving away from as the smart people recognise how destructive it is, some use it as a tool, the day every person on this planet is able to stand up and think for themselves rather than conform or submit to temptations of the flesh - greed or money we may see humans actually evolve into something that we can all be proud of, it is a long long way off and quite possibly destruction will happen first, for the supposed most intelligent creatures on this planet our record is nothing to write about.

Laws - police - courts and justice systems are maturing over time in most parts of the world, an attempt to keep people safe and punnish those that abuse, the west has progressed these last 150 or so years - some countries have not

"some countries have not" -----> THAILAND has not !!!

Koh Tao policeman who testified still talking on Facebook about this even though court hearing still hasn't finised.

attachicon.gifktpol2.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/jarkrapan.kaewkhao

The guy is a complete clown with a badge, Scary. If I were RTP I'd be ashamed of the man... Thank the aliens I'm not! Ha..

A bit off topic, but don't Bing "translations" make you wonder how some people manage to get their jobs in the first place? Still....... TIT ...........RTP...............BIB

Koh Tao policeman who testified still talking on Facebook about this even though court hearing still hasn't finised.

attachicon.gifktpol2.jpg

The guy is a complete clown with a badge, Scary. If I were RTP I'd be ashamed of the man... Thank the aliens I'm not! Ha..

A bit off topic, but don't Bing "translations" make you wonder how some people manage to get their jobs in the first place? Still....... TIT ...........RTP...............BIB

I'm wondering if he has the (balls) to stand up like a real man and tell the truth - I doubt it, just another weakling being told what to say and what to do

attachicon.gifktpol2.jpg

in the UK if you want to gain rank you need a university level education and up and that is apart from boards and police exams.....................here all you need is 10,000 no helmet - no left turn

attachicon.gifktpol2.jpg

I'm wondering if he has the (balls) to stand up like a real man and tell the truth - I doubt it, just another weakling being told what to say and what to do

I reiterate:-

Scary indeed, in particular please note a comment he posted on 1st October 2015 @ 13.33:-

"I promise on my honor that will always be the wall to protect everyone I love and won't let anyone down."

Just who are these people he vows to protect and not let down?

Scary indeed, in particular please note a comment he posted on 1st October 2015 @ 13.33:-

"I promise on my honor that will always be the wall to protect everyone I love and won't let anyone down."

Trisha, like I have said many times and I will repeat it here again - It - is - all - about - the - money

That is a scary vow within the parameters of the RTP cover-up. The best thing that can be said about it is he's at least a little bit honest. Because of the notice he's getting on social media, it's quite likely his buddies and higher-ups will tell him to shut up ...or else. The last thing they want, right now, is further proof of their locking arms to protect the guilty.

Perhaps not directly related, but on another southern Thai tourist island (Phuket), yesterday several uniformed Thai guards beat up one or two tourists who weren't even putting up resistance. The security forces repeatedly kicked one guy in the face while he was crouched down in submission. The article in Bkk Post didn't say what the tourists did wrong (it hinted that a tourist asked security men to not do something). The person who posted the video online has been threatened by the offending officials. You can bet there won't be any legal reprimand for the aggressors.

How about an unsigned note by one or more 'insiders' telling what they know / what they've seen or heard - dropped off at a cop station.

Upon further reflection, a note from a witness to police, whether signed or unsigned, would wind up in the waste can quicker than you can say 'Let's lose the silly blond hair.' Furthermore, cops and/or Mon would hunt down whomever had the audacity to write the note, and it wouldn't be a pretty encounter. He/she might wind up like the young farang lady in Mon's g.h., or the young Frenchman who hung himself after tightly tying his hands tightly behind his back, and levitating up to release himself on the rope from the rafter (no furniture nearby, knocked over or otherwise). BTW, did the respective governments (British and French) formally inspect those two deaths? Oh, silly me, almost forgot, Thai investigators do perfect jobs, they don't need any meddling from pesky farang experts.

......and what honour? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Seriously, you look at this attention seeking clown and the attack ring wearing "big ears" so-called cop. Well, who would trust these two throwbacks to defend the public and uphold law & order?

What I find most scary is the total lack of humanity and integrity shown by the Rtp in this case. They seem incapable of discerning between right and wrong. On the same level as the psycho perps.

It is scary and lets hope we never have to rely on Thai Justice personally or within our familes as this is the part that is most scary for me. Time and time again we see how it fails miserably and in some cases appears to favour anything but a fair trial.

As another poster pointed out some time ago:

The Asian Human Rights Commission called the Thai legal system a "mess" and called for a drastic overhaul of Thailand's criminal procedures. It cited the rampant use of forced confessions, and the fact that even a senior justice ministry official admitted that 30% of cases went to court with no evidence. There are no stenographic records kept by the trial court and the record is composed of what the judges decide. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judiciary_of_Thailand

This is a sad reflection on the ethics and honesty of not only the RTP but also the prosecutors and the judges themselves if they convict in such circumstances.

Edited by thailandchilli

Every Thai child learns: if something is declared by a person who is: rich / important / well-connected, then that statement must be heeded, like it or not.

It also adds credence to the statement, if the person pontificating is male and connected to the Sangha, and/or is in a uniform with a lot of citations on his shirt.

They also learn to fear ghosts and believe in hocus pocus on a level with Haitians or Congolese.

John Cleese was once asked why he did not make jokes about Muslims:

" I don;t make jokes about people who will kill me as soon as the joke is finished!."

Does that explain why no one from Koh Tao Island is likely to talk ? Very few will talk if the talking leads directly to death by assisted suicide.

What I find most scary is the total lack of humanity and integrity shown by the Rtp in this case. They seem incapable of discerning between right and wrong. On the same level as the psycho perps.

It is scary and lets hope we never have to rely on Thai Justice personally or within our familes as this is the part that is most scary for me. Time and time again we see how it fails miserably and in some cases appears to favour anything but a fair trial.

The Asian Human Rights Commission called the Thai legal system a "mess" and called for a drastic overhaul of Thailand's criminal procedures. It cited the rampant use of forced confessions, and the fact that even a senior justice ministry official admitted that 30% of cases went to court with no evidence. There are no stenographic records kept by the trial court and the record is composed of what the judges decide. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judiciary_of_Thailand

This is a sad reflection on the ethics and honesty of not only the RTP but also the prosecutors and the judges themselves if they convict in such circumstances.

UNBELIEVABLE:- Foreign aid for Human Rights Seminar - Amazing Thailand, The Land of Smiles!

British still giving hundreds of millions of pounds in aid to wealthy countries

Britain is still giving hundreds of millions of pounds in development aid to wealthy countries, a Sunday Tele***ph investigation has found.

"Thailand gets funding for 22 projects, totalling £13 million, including £360,000 for the Holistic Approach of Public Partnership for Environment - a project that promotes social cohesion in Chiang Mai. Kazakhstan, which is ruled by an autocrat and which has huge stocks of oil and gas, also receives EU aid including £100,000 spent on a human rights seminar in the former capital Almaty."

attachicon.gifktpol2.jpg

in the UK if you want to gain rank you need a university level education and up and that is apart from boards and police exams.....................here all you need is 10,000 no helmet - no left turn

As I alluded to in my post, apart from the RTP, what qualifications do you need to be a translator for Bing? Their "translations" are so bad that you need a translator to translate their translations!

UNBELIEVABLE:- Foreign aid for Human Rights Seminar - Amazing Thailand, The Land of Smiles!

British still giving hundreds of millions of pounds in aid to wealthy countries

Britain is still giving hundreds of millions of pounds in development aid to wealthy countries, a Sunday Tele***ph investigation has found.

"Thailand gets funding for 22 projects, totalling £13 million, including £360,000 for the Holistic Approach of Public Partnership for Environment - a project that promotes social cohesion in Chiang Mai. Kazakhstan, which is ruled by an autocrat and which has huge stocks of oil and gas, also receives EU aid including £100,000 spent on a human rights seminar in the former capital Almaty."

UNBELIEVABLE ? No, absolutely believable when you look at how the UK treats its own citizens! Off topic, but when one of the first things the current Government did was to reduce the annual Old Age Winter Fuel Allowance to pensioners by 50 pounds, it really sticks in the craw when you see the amount of money that is given away to already wealthy countries (assuming the Sunday Telegraph investigation is correct) and the amount of benefits given to asylum seekers and legal/illegal immigrants. Sorry Mods, I know it should be on a different thread, but the above post just shows how the worldwide distribution of wealth is designed to keep the poor people poorer and make the rich people richer (as per instances above) and if you are rich in a country like Thailand it appears that you can BUY your own brand of justice/injustice.

Edited by sambum