19-year-old killed in Phuket road accident

webfact

19-year-old killed in Phuket road accident
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A 19-year-old man died just before midnight yesterday (Sept 10) in a so far unexplainable road accident.

Cherng Talay police were called to investigate a motorbike accident in front of the PTT petrol station on Srisoonthon Rd in Cherng Talay at 11:45pm in which an man had died.

Police arrived at the scene with Kusolharm rescue workers and found the body of 19-year-old, Anan Sriwilai, a Sukhothai native, lying in the road with severe head injuries. His legs were still wrapped around the Honda Wave bike.

His body was immediately taken to Thalang Hospital.

Pol Maj Peerasit Noopayan said, “Residents told me that prior to the accident they saw a trailer-truck parked at the side of the road with its hazard lights flashing. However, they were unable to tell us any more details about the truck but noticed that following the accident the truck was gone.”

Police believe that it is possible that Mr Anan crashed his motorbike into the back of the parked truck and the driver fled the scene soon after.

Police are currently checking CCTV footage from the area to see if they can find out exactly wahtr caused Mr Anan to die.

“We are checking the CCTVs and are hoping to get a better description of the parked truck so we can bring the driver in for questioning,” Maj Peerasit said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/19-year-old-killed-in-phuket-road-accident-54063.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-11

"Police are currently checking CCTV footage from the area to see if they can find out exactly wahtr caused Mr Anan to die..." I'd bet on massive blood loss and/or severe head injuries... coffee1.gif

Further, I'd guess that the Honda Wave was pimped up with breaks not functioning, headlights and back lights not functioning or at least one of them, that the tires were as narrow as bicycle ones, perhaps without profile and that no helmet was worn and - as we all love to see it daily - one hand was held in front of the face to safeguard against the rain, wind, oncoming lights... while the other hand was used to perhaps squeeze out a pimple, type an sms, or check on the hair... Trailer truck might have pulled out with warning lights or indicators still flashing, but unfortunate young Mr. Anan perhaps was too busy to watch out, too fast, to drunk, to drugged, too candy crushed? Of course there is the slight chance that the trailer truck driver really was to blame. In that case, RIP to the victim.

Edited by Shermanator

"Police are currently checking CCTV footage from the area to see if they can find out exactly wahtr caused Mr Anan to die..." I'd bet on massive blood loss and/or severe head injuries... coffee1.gif

Further, I'd guess that the Honda Wave was pimped up with breaks not functioning, headlights and back lights not functioning or at least one of them, that the tires were as narrow as bicycle ones, perhaps without profile and that no helmet was worn and - as we all love to see it daily - one hand was held in front of the face to safeguard against the rain, wind, oncoming lights... while the other hand was used to perhaps squeeze out a pimple, type an sms, or check on the hair... Trailer truck might have pulled out with warning lights or indicators still flashing, but unfortunate young Mr. Anan perhaps was too busy to watch out, too fast, to drunk, to drugged, too candy crushed? Of course there is the slight chance that the trailer truck driver really was to blame. In that case, RIP to the victim.

My exact thoughts shermanator , even if it was a brand new Wave with no refinements I would bet a pound to a pinch of salt he had no hat on , thats why he died.