Old car new owner registration

squatncrunch

Hi, I just purchased an old car and am trying to find out a little info. The car has its tax and compulsory government insurance stickers, valid until next year. I have a copy of the previous owners id and proof of residence, it is a former Thai owner.

Do I need to go all the way to the land office in Pattaya where I live or can I register this car at the Big C on Saturdays when the Land/Transport office sets up shop? Do I need anything else from previous owner? Thank you.

you cannot register/name transfer a car at big c only road tax renewal there, you have to go to the dlt out by regents school.

Make sure the blue book is signed along with transfer papers and power of attorney if the previous owner is not going with you, signed copy of id card also all blue ink.

Its the transport office not the land office.

You can only do the transfer there if the car is Banglamung registered

Edited by PoolHustler

No receipt of payment. It was a switch over of ownership due to fees owed on the other side. I doubt I will ever be able to track this person down again. Surely, there is a way around this. I kick myself for not thinking of having a receipt drawn up, should have known better.

No receipt of payment. It was a switch over of ownership due to fees owed on the other side. I doubt I will ever be able to track this person down again. Surely, there is a way around this. I kick myself for not thinking of having a receipt drawn up, should have known better.

Without a signed transfer of ownership form, I can't see how you're going to get it in your name - receipt or not - without making a court case out of it.