PM gives thanks to economic team for working hard to stimulate Thai economy

Lite Beer

PM gives thanks to economic team for working hard to stimulate Thai economy

BANGKOK, 11 September 2015 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed his gratitude to his economic team and all related parties for their efforts in stimulating the economy.

The Prime Minister today chaired a meeting of the SMEs Promotion Committee at the Government House, during which he thanked the government’s economic team for their hard work and urged all to implement economic policies in unity and with swift action.

Gen Prayut said the economy has started to show preliminary signs of recovery. He added that SMEs are vital to the country’s economy and therefore the government must make sure that they are well supported, particularly with extended cash flow.

There are currently 2.7 million SMEs in the country, but only 700,000 of that number are listed in the government’s assistance database.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-12 footer_n.gif

Once upon a time ...

"...expressed his gratitude to his economic team and all related parties for their efforts in stimulating the economy..."

... and they all lived happily ever after.

I don't want to spoil the fairy story, but it seems premature gestures of reward (whether as thanks from the boss, or something more monetary) before the goal has been realised, seems to be an emerging trend.

TAT must not be far off receiving their gong for boosting tourism!

A great job so far....the economic team is outstanding.............it's just a bit if a shame that to date everything's gone turtle and everything's going downhill.............but nevertheless......they're a great team....(that Prayuth selected)!!!

"the government must make sure that they [sMEs] are well supported, particularly with extended cash flow."

After 14 months of poor econmic decisions, it's about time. But now too little, too late to save the economy in 2015.

"The government's financial stimulus package is a drop in the ocean compared to Thailand's massive loss of export muscle" - The Nation 2015-09-05

Its also showing bigger signs of a recession. Thankyou general for your unfluence and poor decisions.

Which poor decisions? I didn't see any decisions so far...neither good nor bad.

How about Prayut's appointment of Deputy Prime Minister MR Pridiyathorn Devakula to lead his economic team for the last 14 months? You know, the team Prayut just REPLACED for poor performance.

Does anyone get the impression that he primes himself with jargon-like expressions that he has little understanding of before he speaks on any topic?

"Hey team, I'm going to be talking about the economy today, what words do I need to slip in?"

"Sir, you should mention "economic stimulus". That's always a good one".

"Sir, say, "SME". It always sounds good to use TLA's (Three Letter Acronuyms) as it makes you sound like you know the subject very well."

I don't like Donald Trump, and he's certainly not leadership material, but funnily enough I'd love to see Trump at Thailand's helm for a year or two.

"That's not stimulus! You're fired!"

"You call that a result? You're fired!"

"I won't tolerate dishonesty. You're fired!"

I have no use for incompetence. You're fired!"