Filipina coming for a visit. Is there extra scrutiny involved?

I have a friend from the Philippines that will be coming for a 5 day visit next month. In light of the seemingly ramped up scrutiny at immigration, what additional hoops do you think she'll have to jump through on entry?

She'll be flying into BKK and she has not been to Thailand in over a year. I know she can get a visa exempt stamp, but I wasn't sure if there would be anything extra that she'll need. I guess I'm asking if the restrictions on Filipinos are more tightly controlled than they would be for a westerner.

I know she'll need proof of a return ticket, but what else? 20,000 baht in cash? Proof of employment in Phils? First born child?

I agree entirely, the only issue she will have is persuading immigration officials at Manila airport that she is just coming to Thailand for a holiday,

they always jump to conclusions that any single girl leaving the country is an undocumented would be " overseas foreign worker" trying to leave the Philippines without the proper papers for overseas employment.

Strongly suggest that you provide her with an original letter of invitation, detailing her itinerary with a valid Thai address and your original signature.

that normally works, but just recently Philippine immigration have tightened their so-called inspections.

good luck !!

I agree entirely, the only issue she will have is persuading immigration officials at Manila airport that she is just coming to Thailand for a holiday,

they always jump to conclusions that any single girl leaving the country is an undocumented would be " overseas foreign worker" trying to leave the Philippines without the proper papers for overseas employment.

Strongly suggest that you provide her with an original letter of invitation, detailing her itinerary with a valid Thai address and your original signature.

that normally works, but just recently Philippine immigration have tightened their so-called inspections.

good luck !!

She has a university degree and has traveled extensively. I don't *think* she'll be on their radar for coming here to work. But, I'll check with her and see if she wants me to send her a formal invitation. Thanks for the idea!

It's odd to think that she'd have more trouble getting out of her country than she would getting into this one.