Muay Thai This Thursday Sep 28th Ratchadamnoen?

does jitti do western boxing too? ive managed to get my fitness to a reasonable level and wouldnt mind getting stuck in again....

to be honest you would probably wouldn't get much more than a pad workout and a bag to hit, depends on what you are after really. May have someone to spar a bit with, but their main focus would be Muaythai so if you want more than a workout then I would doubt you would get it.

does jitti do western boxing too? ive managed to get my fitness to a reasonable level and wouldnt mind getting stuck in again....

depends at what level. There is a Russian guy there who would be one of the sharpest boxers I've seen for a while, but he is clearly a boxer who is learning Muay Thai; so while some of the rounds are showing his boxing skills, they will gradually be replaced/enchanced with MT style techniques.

We used to do boxing sparring where I trained in NZ, and I've done a boxing sparring round at Jitti; however if you want boxing you should go to SMAC which is a boxing gym. As you may know, the footwork, distance and defense are all different than MT.

If you are just wanting basic work out, and interested to expand to include Muay Thai, then Jitti is going great for me. Tough work out, and I got dealt to yesterday in sparring by some raky english guy, all good fun :-)

depends at what level. There is a Russian guy there who would be one of the sharpest boxers I've seen for a while, but he is clearly a boxer who is learning Muay Thai; so while some of the rounds are showing his boxing skills, they will gradually be replaced/enchanced with MT style techniques.

We used to do boxing sparring where I trained in NZ, and I've done a boxing sparring round at Jitti; however if you want boxing you should go to SMAC which is a boxing gym. As you may know, the footwork, distance and defense are all different than MT.

If you are just wanting basic work out, and interested to expand to include Muay Thai, then Jitti is going great for me. Tough work out, and I got dealt to yesterday in sparring by some raky english guy, all good fun :-)

i've heard a lot of bad things about the SMAC gym ie: that it's really just a white collar rip-off without any serious boxers.

i'm used to training in real gyms, that's why i thought jitti might be ok.

and when i say i'm fit, i mean i'm fit enough to walk into the gym and not be puffing like an old lady after two minutes. i'm nowhere near boxing fit......

someone told me they have a decent amateur boxing setup at the thai/japanese youth centre in din daeng - i might give that a go if jitti is completely muay thai orientated

i've heard a lot of bad things about the SMAC gym ie: that it's really just a white collar rip-off without any serious boxers.

and when i say i'm fit, i mean i'm fit enough to walk into the gym and not be puffing like an old lady after two minutes. i'm nowhere near boxing fit......

someone told me they have a decent amateur boxing setup at the thai/japanese youth centre in din daeng - i might give that a go if jitti is completely muay thai orientated

I know SMAC has some ok trainers; one of my Thai movie star friends trains there from time to time and he was good enough to probably have reached the top 5 in his weight (middle weight) for Thailand had he persued things.

However, the universities have some good boxing teams, so they must train somewhere. Ramkamhaeng has a great amatuer boxing team; maybe even if Din Daeng is not up to much, you could ask them where the uni teams train?

Also, Jitti probably may know who to contact, perhaps you should go for one session, see if you enjoy it and ask him yourself where to go for a good boxing class? In my experience Muay Thai doesn't have the ego trip of all other arts are junk that some of the karate and other genuine martial arts (as opposed to fighting sports) can have. Actually, I am seeing him tomorrow, and if I remember will try to ask for you.

Not sure what weight you are, but if you are welter or lighter, then you will have a TON or partners to spar with here.

I'd forgotten how much fun this sport can be; definitely worth getting into :-)

I know SMAC has some ok trainers; one of my Thai movie star friends trains there from time to time and he was good enough to probably have reached the top 5 in his weight (middle weight) for Thailand had he persued things.

However, the universities have some good boxing teams, so they must train somewhere. Ramkamhaeng has a great amatuer boxing team; maybe even if Din Daeng is not up to much, you could ask them where the uni teams train?

Also, Jitti probably may know who to contact, perhaps you should go for one session, see if you enjoy it and ask him yourself where to go for a good boxing class? In my experience Muay Thai doesn't have the ego trip of all other arts are junk that some of the karate and other genuine martial arts (as opposed to fighting sports) can have. Actually, I am seeing him tomorrow, and if I remember will try to ask for you.

Not sure what weight you are, but if you are welter or lighter, then you will have a TON or partners to spar with here.

I'd forgotten how much fun this sport can be; definitely worth getting into :-)

if SMAC is a gym that trains movie stars, that it aint a real gym!!! that's exactly what i meant before, it's a place full of showboaters and white collar boys.

i'm 91kg now and 6 foot 2 so i need somewhere with some foreigners to train.

i could probably get down to 85kg if i had to but ive been lifting weights for the last year so have bulked up a bit.

i'm fitter than 90% of everyday people but less fit than 90% of boxers at the moment!!

never really considered muay thai, im not a big fan. it's too slow for my liking with more posing than punching, but thats just my view.

If you can get to Ramkamhaeng University, head for the small gym right behind the KFC. Ask for a guy named Win Panyaprichote. He's a former professional boxer and he has students who fight at various places around BKK and the rest of East Asia. I sent an English guy I met to Win and he liked it. Win teaches Western Boxing so he should be ok for you since you don't want to focus on Muay Thai. Good luck!

if SMAC is a gym that trains movie stars, that it aint a real gym!!! that's exactly what i meant before, it's a place full of showboaters and white collar boys.

i'm 91kg now and 6 foot 2 so i need somewhere with some foreigners to train.

i could probably get down to 85kg if i had to but ive been lifting weights for the last year so have bulked up a bit.

i'm fitter than 90% of everyday people but less fit than 90% of boxers at the moment!!

never really considered muay thai, im not a big fan. it's too slow for my liking with more posing than punching, but thats just my view.

Not quite what I meant; Somluck Kamsing, Samart, etc they are movie stars, but also very very capable boxers; this guy is in that sort of position rather than poser who throws a few punches (but without the same record, I think he fought less than 50 fights). However, I expect he might not train in the normal classes, I haven't spoken to him for a while.

I think you might find that Muay Thai is 'not much posing' but to each their own :-) i hear you abuot the fitter than 90% of people but less fit than 90% of boxers; boxing fitness is on another level ;-)

Really unsure how you will find large numbers of sparring partners in cruiser/light heavy weight level; there are bigger guys doing muay Thai here, but I am totally unsure how many would be training for straight boxing, and there won't be too many Thais around that weight. Good luck mate ;-) I am sure you will enjoy it more than lifting weights. :o

there is also a gym in Klong Toei at Rompo mansion that has a fair few big Russian guys there that compete at a high level in Muaythai, one of them has just competed in an Amatuer international fight at Lumpini. You would have plenty of sparring partners there I would think.