Loy Krathong 2006 What Date

bolt

Can anyone remember a Loy Grathong that wasn't in November?

I can, but a few Thai people say it is always in November.

Some web sites, for example this one, say it can also be towards the end of October.

Next year, I see, a leap lunar month is added in June and therefore Loy Krathong won’t be in late October. I have not figured out how they decide in what year to add a leap month.

---------------

Maestro

• 2 weeks later...
And if they play that damm "loy loy kratong" song at full blast on the loud hailer outside my bedroom window at 6am this year HEADS WILL ROLL.

And here is a link with some information on Loy Krathong 2006 - including an audio file of the Loy Krathong song just in case you don't have a loudpseaker outside your bedroom...

http://www.soppong.com/loykrathong.html

I shall start work constructing a giant Kratong this week, ready for floatation and then get to work building a giant hot air lantern to send up into the sky.

Where else in the world can you have so much fun? Also the last couple of years, there has been a clamp-down on street fire-crackers (in Pattaya) so hopefully I can float my Kratong without losing an eye or my eardrums.

:o

And if they play that damm "loy loy kratong" song at full blast on the loud hailer outside my bedroom window at 6am this year HEADS WILL ROLL.

There was one year a few years back when Loy Kratong fell on the same day as Halloween.

Heres a funny story , I have a friend named Roy , Athai girl sent him a card addressed to "float" It took me a while but roy = loy = float in Thai

LL

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone remember a Loy Grathong that wasn't in November?

I can, but a few Thai people say it is always in November.

Maybe I am mistaken.:o

I vaguely rememer Loy Kratong falling at the end of October during 2001, however I could well be wrong.

Could well have fallen in October in 2001, but since Loy Krathong is scheduled for the 11th full moon of the year it falls on a different day each year. This year, it's 5 November.