Timing of Renewing Retirement Visa?

Hi All

Just wondering whether my original issue date from my Retirement Visa last year will remain the same if i do the Renewal of my retirement Visa a bit earlier,

or if it will be moved forward to the date i do the renewal on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best

John

Hi

Thank you for your responses.

I'm referring to extending my retirement visa for a second year etc.

I was planning to go and do it 10 days earlier than the original date, and that was the question, ie

would the extension be for a year plus those ten days etc.

Thanks again for your help.

Best

John

• Like 1

Hi

I was planning to go and do it 10 days earlier than the original date, and that was the question, ie

Best

John

What "visa"do you have ?

It would help us to assist you if you could scan and post a picture of your visa.

Was the "visa" obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside Thailand or from the Thai immigration service within Thailand?

Edited by oncearugge

What "visa"do you have ?

Definitely not meant a visa but an extension, very obvious.

Thread is basically closed in post #2.

@john 111: you can go for extension up to 30 days ahead of due date if you have the financials ready at the time.

No need to wait. Pick a convinient date. Fridays and Mondays, days after holidays etc. usually not best choice.

But depends much on where you live.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Further to KhunBENQ's reply, irrespective of the date you revalidate the Retirement Visa (ie within the 30 days prior) the expiry date will remain the same as that of the original Visa.

CCx

So what is the OP supposed to do after said "visa" date has expired?

Further to KhunBENQ's reply, irrespective of the date you revalidate the Retirement Visa (ie within the 30 days prior) the expiry date will remain the same as that of the original Visa.

CCx

So what is the OP supposed to do after said "visa" date has expired?

? Confusing question.

He would be on overstay and pay a fine if he shows up late at immigration (after expiry date of extension).

If that is what you mean?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hi

Best

John

------------------------------------

Yes, they will give you a one year extension from the date of our previous visa/extension, so the date will not change.

As an example my original visa/extension was 15 October 2010, and even though I was a few days earlier every year, the date for the next visa/extension was always October 15th.

What the other poster was trying to point out is that though many times it is called a retirement visa, it is not a visa.

What you really get is a one year extension of your existing visa for purpose of retirement.

That is also why I am referring to it as an retirement visa/extension, not a visa.

No visa can be extended. Only a permit to stay can be extended.

I suspect the OP's visa expired long ago.

I don't even have a visa in my passport. I only have an annotation of the non-o visa I used to get the 90 day permit to stay over 7 years ago that I have now extended 8 times.