just tired of it sometimes

lovelomsak

I wonder if other expats are the same as me..

Sometimes I just get tired of trying to keep informed and interested in Thailand. They officials say one thing one day and the complete opposite the next day. Things keep popping up like the Koh Tao murders and have cover up after cover up.I get tired of trying to make sense of it. Cover up is rampant her in so many things.We can joke about it that is the only way to deal with it.People here say they are fighting corruption when all they are doing is politicing their way into the best place to corrupt for their benefit. Tired of seeing people killed by people of influence and wealth and nothing happens to them.Tired of slavery still being acceptable. Being sensitive to humanities and life in thailand is a difficult combination some times.

Rant over thank you.

Can't believe you have only just had an epihpany about this.

Eveything you have mentioned is understood withing the first few weeks/months of arriving in Thailand. I imagine you have been here a lot longer than that so this is not new to you.

I get that way sometimes, that's when my old mate Jack Daniels comes into his own.

I guess it's easy, though, to forget what it was about your home that made you want to move. Even at my worst I don't want to return to my old life.

So have a drink or two and think positive thoughts. thumbsup.gif

Lomsak is a lovely place, there's a waterfall well worth visiting in the rainy season or in the few months after.

The OP must realize, Thailand is a developing country,things take time to develop, just 40 years ago many upcountry Thais didn't have paved roads, hospitals took a long time to get to- now there are pick-ups, hospitals everywhere, even village clinics. it will take time to clean up corrupt organizations, but it's happening step by step- it was only 3 or 4 decades ago in the America and UK that people were getting stitched up right left and centre for crimes.

For me Thai politics is fascinating, major power plays going on, god how dreary British politics seems in comparison. stay in Thailand OP and watch a nation progress before your eyes, it isn't always pretty but it's certainly interesting.

Sounds like you need a holiday or reality check.

Suggest you buy a ticket back to where ever you come from, and see how long you last.

Last trip back to The Nanny State did my head in, cost me 80 quid to change my ticket and get back to the sanity of Thailand, money well spent.

I love living in Chiang Mai; however, it's become more difficult to feel the tranquility I once felt several years. The politics, corruption, spy cameras scattered though out the city is unsettling.

It's going do be difficult to find a province, in another Asia country, similar to the beauty. Eventually, it's going affect us personally, if democracy is restored in the coming year.

Frankly, I don't want to see another civil unrest. I'm happy but I'm tired folks. I can't life comfortably in a environment of anarchy.

Edited by Motown239

Unless it directly affects you it's best not to think about it too much.

When people in US ask me how do the riots or bombings in Bangkok affect me, I ask:

If you lived in Cleveland, how would a garbage strike in New York City affect you?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

That just about covers it, I think.

Same the world over.

or (with apologies to Reinhold Niebuhr but not Alcoholics Anonymous):

'God grant me the wisdom to say "Life is short, I'm too old, and I couldn't really give a sh-t" when that is the appropriate response.'