Bar Fine

OK. I think we all got that straightened out, so here's another question regarding BFing the BG.

If the BG is your GF, do you still have to pay the BF even though you already pay the BG an LA while you are OS?

Edited by TM to fix a typo for DT.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little confused, if the BG is your GF and you send LA while OS then why send LA when OS, someone else is BFing your GF (not to mention hiding the sausage HTS) while you're gone. I guess she makes more while you're gone. :o Just as fun not a dig. :D

OK. I think we all got that straightened out, so here's another question regarding BFing the BG.

If the BG is your GF, do you still have to pay the BF even though you already pay the BG an LA while you are OS?

Yep, kuz that's the way the system works... the farang always pays :o

Yep, kuz that's the way the system works... the farang always pays :o

let me see if I have got this straight TM

when the BG is the GF and you pay the LA to the GF when in LOS do you pay the BF to the BO?

BM is right :D

but what is a DT?

when the BG is the GF and you pay the LA to the GF when in LOS do you pay the BF to the BO?

Or, when the BG is the GF and you pay the LA to the GF when in LOS you could pay the BF to the BG and then the BG could pay to the BO when you've gone back OS.

Or, when the BG is the GF and you pay the LA to the GF when in LOS you could pay the BF to the BG and then the BG could pay to the BO when you've gone back OS.

or the BG could pocket the BF and the BO would be PO with the BF who went back OS and would pay the BF when he gets back to LOS

Especially if you are staying in the TV with the GF who is a BG but is away from the BB or GGB. So then you wouldn't be able to pay the BF to the BO because you are not staying near the BB or GGB. So it would be much easier to pay the BF to the GF and she can then pass the BF onto the BO when she returns from the TV to the BB or GGB.

Reading this threat is contagious. Just been asked by a friend to bring for him on my next week's biz-trip a 5 liter Black Label-bottle for his GF B-D party.

Marked it down as "5L B/L" :o

Just to get this thread slightly back on track, I thought that after 8 months here and never having been to a bar in Thailand, I would put the advise in this thread to the test - actually I justed wanted to get out and drink a beer (grass wiosdower for 3 weeks), mind you I am not even a beer drinker.

So on Saturday evening (yesterday) off I went to soi 22 (i've been there in the day time so know where some bars are) in search of a pub/beer. Well somehow I could not get myself to patronize any of the bars - oh the girls were friendly enough with thier "Sawadeeka Welcome" (really loud) which I think is what put me off. Well chicken that I am, I ended up getting a foot massge and no beer.

So tonight, I set out again - more determined this time. I selected soi 33 and walked up and down a few times beofre making a decision. Anyho I ended up in I think Renoir or sometyhing like that. There was a very nice bargirl outside and i aksede if I could gi in and just have a quiet beer with no hassles. she said sure, come in... Mind yiou I duid the same thing at 2 other bars but was not convinced by the replies and walked off. For soemreason I let the Renoir bargirl talk me into it.

So in I went and sat down. the place was pretty quiet with more bargirls than customers, which suited me just fine - very little competition :o

The bargirl brought me a wet facecloth to refresh myself. I finally ordered that beer I had visions of for ages. The girl returned, and from the advice in this thread I knew to offer her a drink. Mind you she did offer me the option of have the beer by myself or her company. I replied it was in order that she join me and I would buy her a drink. Well what good would my first bar experience be withouty the benefit of actually engaging in chit chat with a bar girl. She was very nice by the way. So we cahtted. The inevitable question of how long you been working in a bar. Her sandard 3 months was actully quite "convincing" which a counting of the months etc.. and i let her get away with it. out of curiosity i enquired as to her barfine and rates - just curious. Her barfine was 1,100 B and the rate was 2,000 B for a short time and more for a long time. I was only on my first beer so of course this was just in aid of an education and not a serious attempt at going with a bargirl...

So we chatted and she was pretty intelligent abnd very tempting I might add. So we she finishes her first coke and i offer to buy her a second and another beer for myself. She goes off and orders the drinks and returns with the bill advising that happy hour was now over and the drinks cost more. The first coke cost 80 B and the secoind 120 B. The first beer cost 80 B and the second 140 B. Ah welll all oart of the education I thought. BTW the beers were small singha's in a bottle.

I had already explained to her that I was there just for a quiet beer and enjoy the atmosphere. I had no intention of ptropositioning her and told her that in any case I had a "psycological" problem of going with a bargirl ( just a personal thing - no need to tke me to task on this) but would be interested in talking to her outside of work and maybe buy her coffee or lunch. She graciously accepted my viewpoint as well as the offer of coffee and gave me her phone number.

Nowe the beer is starting to have it;s effects. (You can probably gusee by the really bad spelling/typing as to how pissed I get on 2 small beers.) I am getting more and more tempted and finally make her an offer, 500 barfine and 2,000 to stay the night. She was game for the 2,000 but the obstacle was the barfine. She said she had to clear it with the mamasan. Fortunately I suppose - the mamasan did not accept my offer. So I went home by myself, but i was sorely temted though....

BTW the bill came to 420 B, I paid with 1,000 and got stiffed with 20 B in the change i.e. I got 560 B not 580 B change. I left the 60 B as tip anyway :D

barfine basically is the fee you have to pay to enable a girl or boy or a katoey (whatever your fancy) to leave work (go with the bar fine payer).

otherwise they're salary gets cut. ie if they pay a 500 bht barfine they normally get 100 bht themselves and the bar gets 400 bht. if they don't pay they get cut 500 bht from they're salary and considering the average salary is around 5000 a month, they can lose alot if barfine is not paid.

barfine is normally 500 bht in a pub/club or gogo or 250 - 300 bht in a beer bar etc, some gogos are charging 1000 bht barfines for show girls. this is bullshit in my opinion, tell them where to go.

ps if a bar/club tries to charge you the fee for the girl/boy also tell them bo**ocks.

You could be talking Pattaya.

In BKK it's mostly like this:

6K per month salary for dancing in both pieces of the bikini.

7K ...for top off.

8K ...only in boots.

Per month, (usually) 8 barfines (as somebody said, take-away fee) that go to the bar. If not reached, the salary is cut.

30B comission on lady drinks.

Bonus on bar fines is paid when the quota of 8 is reached and above. 80-100B per bf.

ST/LT prices vary, but are significantly higher than in Pattaya. Go-go dancers from the bigger bars would hardly go for less than 1000 anything, usually 1500ST, 2-2.5 LT. Would ask 3K LT.

Negotiate them down, possible, you may well get a starfish or something else.

first a katoey is not a girl. they are still a boy. You will find the term refers in Thailand to a gay male, a per-operation or a post -operation .

Pre-op...So they have tits or not and all male parts.

post-op... they have had the operation and had their D$%^ removed. Ouch!

you will find them from Thai TV shows to the bars,even banks. Very common in Thailand.

Bar fine is an amount of money that is paid to the bar owner,to have for the right to remove one ( or more) of his staff.

As the girls go with customers the bar has less and less girls. making the bar not as pleasurable to new comers.

So what could happen is, if a bar had 30 girls, and 20 went with customers. Many guys will not want to come into a bar that only has 10 girls. This in turn leaves the other girls without a chance to be with a customer that night and the bar without further sales, beer or otherwise.

try Soi 33 to find a 1,000bt bar fine or even more. Most bar fines range from 100bt to 600 in a few of the crazy bars. A bar fine such as 600bt do nothing bt hurt the bars and the girls working in them. Note: also most bars do not pay a persent back to the girls unless they meet the amount of customers they MUST go with to get a sallery. now that is pimping!

gonenorth