Are the beer bars in Hua Hin similar to soi 6 ,Pattaya ?

wileycoyote

Last time I was in HH I found it a world away from Pattaya.

The only similarities I could draw were the dreadfully dressed 'locals' and tourists chasing hookers and ale albeit in a far less salubrious environment that Pattaya Soi 6.

If you're looking for somewhere similar to Pattaya Soi 6, may I suggest Pattaya Soi 6 or are you in schtuck with a lass/Ladyboy there?

The HH bar scene is decent. There are some good looking babes. Not a lot, but some. I would say it is a far better scene than on Samui, which has been declining annually, and has very little vitality remaining. But soi 6 is soi 6. There is nothing that rivals it, for what it is. At least not in Thailand.

Soi 6 is not my style either, but hey leave it alone Flanno. One of the last surviving pieces of genuine old-style South East Asian sleeze around. Should be celebrated as a historic institution! I don't use it but I know it's there if I ever changed my mind

Live and let live - as long as it doesn't harbor paedos and hard drugs let the bu&&er swing, I say.

The only babes in HH are the odd few "draggers-in" IME (of a few years ago now). Maybe they would play if you are sub 30 and hansum.

Hua Hin is a respectable tourist town and I doubt Thai authorities would ever allow anything similar to Pattayas Soi 6 to exist there. Soi 6 is a disgrace, even by Pattaya standards!

Anyway wileycoyote smells like a troll to me.

Hey Flannel, chill. Soi 6 has been my second home for nigh on 3 decades. I want to be buried there (I may well be). A great place. A man's place.

We just came back from our first trip to HH. It is nothing like Pattaya, there are no Gogo bars or Disco clubs. It has a small concentration of beer bars and if I was single I would not like it. It is a ok place to go relax at a nice resort, we stayed at the Hilton. But after 2 days of pool, beach and a few sightseeing stops, we were done. Ready to go back to Pattaya. We tried it but will not return, unless I go just to play golf, many nice golf courses there. The best is the well known Black Mountain, where many Thai Pro golf tournaments are held. Very expensive

i live in hua hin. i just came back from two weeks on soi 6. don't waist your time in HH on boom boom.

Hua Hin is like a rehab clinic for a rock star from Pattaya. nothing to do. nothing to see.

maybe if you live here like i do, you learn after much searching where a few bars with something going on are. and i really mean like 5 or 6 girls. that is it.

nice if you are really old, like 70+, into golf, married, have children with you. and HH can be expensive for hotel, food, shopping.

90% of bars close at midnight. sometimes 1am on weekends.

i live in hua hin. i just came back from two weeks on soi 6. don't waist your time in HH on boom boom.

Hua Hin is like a rehab clinic for a rock star from Pattaya. nothing to do. nothing to see.

maybe if you live here like i do, you learn after much searching where a few bars with something going on are. and i really mean like 5 or 6 girls. that is it.

nice if you are really old, like 70+, into golf, married, have children with you. and HH can be expensive for hotel, food, shopping.

90% of bars close at midnight. sometimes 1am on weekends.

so ermmm why dont you get the fek out of there?

i love hh. but comparing it to soi 6? people need to know...

hh for golf? yes, wine tasting? yes. boring places, yes. boom boom? yikes! gogo? no. dancing even? very little. massage? i think you have to keep your clothes on in hh. smile.png very conservative here.

no players in hh. major players in Pattaya. they got that place wired. nothing like soi 6 anywhere.

must be 500 or more girls on one soi.

but i don't want that negative energy around me all the time... so i hang at the beach...

• 3 weeks later...

Actually they are similar to Soi6, in their format, in that alot of the HH bars offer ST upstairs ,esp Soi 80,

although you have to look hard for the occasional gem among the 'over the hill ones'.

Thank You

Wiley Coyote

yes soi 80 is great if you don't mind helping grandma up the stairs with you. good luck on your search. will you be staying a few months?

Archived