Prayut prepared for UN meeting

webfact

I can't wait to see how he will react to real questions instead of rehearsed ones and when he gets cross examined in the questioning or is asked for explanations with which he is put on the spot. Their have been several times it has happened already and he has not shown a very good manner or response to that. When it happened here though he berated the reporters whereas he won't be able to do this at a UN meeting.

Who are gonna be his translators? I don't think he speaks any decent English..... rolleyes.gif

Maybe he could call upon one of the hundreds of Thai expats waving anti junta placards outside the building biggrin.png

I doubt he is concerned about a few hundred wealthy Thai Expats. It is the United States- you can protest all you want. If these expats are so sure they are right- let them attempt a forum to discuss directly with the Prime Minster their ideas for reform and how they would accomplish it. I remember in Los Angeles when Thaksin made an appearance in 'Thai Town'. He was roundly booed by several hundred of Thai Expats.

I can't wait to see how he will react to real questions instead of rehearsed ones and when he gets cross examined in the questioning or is asked for explanations with which he is put on the spot. Their have been several times it has happened already and he has not shown a very good manner or response to that. When it happened here though he berated the reporters whereas he won't be able to do this at a UN meeting.

Who are gonna be his translators? I don't think he speaks any decent English..... rolleyes.gif

Maybe he could call upon one of the hundreds of Thai expats waving anti junta placards outside the building biggrin.png

Where are the others----as there are only a dozen on TVF, that attack the PM, on a regular day to day. Propaganda post ?? use some common eh !

he might prepare what he wants....Who would listen to him...?

You don't know, you have no idea, same as your post. All UN members have a say. any nation that trades or has investment listens it's in their interest--so what are you on about. ??

You don't know, you have no idea, same as your post. All UN members have a say. any nation that trades or has investment listens it's in their interest--so what are you on about. ??

cheesy.gif you do make me giggle ginjag so thanks for that! your posts, as normal, all arrive together in a line like buses (FIVE posts on this page alone!)

any chance you could actually study what's happening rather than just swallow and regurgitate the Junta propaganda book?

Edited by LannaGuy

if he isn't scared to death he does not have a clue.

BUT a thousand more clues than the last PM, that's easy.

Are you and EnglishJohn related by any chance? Because both of you bring up the past in all your comments. This thread is about the present leader attending the UN in New York and not about previous governments or PM's!

Oops sorry I can't reply to you because I am a newbie can I JJ.

Also please tell me what has improved in this country since the present government has taken over? Please don't say corruption because their are new pigs at the trough!

This Will be managed to death, media wise , obviously he's going to give him Kudos with the Thai public "The Statesman" accepted by the world order.However he had better make sure he doesn't get Harangued by the press and left wing democracies , or he'll go there thinking hes Charlie Big spud and come back looking like Potato Face Nelson

...don't forget to tell the UN how you spent 6 months getting the price of Thai lottery tickets down to 80baht...the UN will be impressed

Your idea of a joke ?? is that all you can post ?? ridiculous your post suggests that is all the PM has done in 1 year, your post is an April fool one-----get real. we all do not find a military government ideal, but is more good than the last lot, it IS an improvement. I dislike military rule in general, but prefer it to near total corruption.

Seems like a reasonable assessment. How would *you* summarise the progress achieved by the illegal junta?

How would *you * say the illegal junta is an improvement on the previous democratically elected government?

oh, I use my freedom of speech. if you don't like it....leave this website.

cheesy.gif you do make me giggle ginjag so thanks for that! your posts, as normal, all arrive together in a line like buses (FIVE posts on this page alone!)

any chance you could actually study what's happening rather than just swallow and regurgitate the Junta propaganda book?

yeah....he (ginjag) is a bit "out of order"

Are you and EnglishJohn related by any chance? Because both of you bring up the past in all your comments. This thread is about the present leader attending the UN in New York and not about previous governments or PM's!

Also please tell me what has improved in this country since the present government has taken over? Please don't say corruption because their are new pigs at the trough!

what has improved in this country since the present government has taken over?

I know something: people saying since we have the new PM the petrol prices dropped...cheesy.gif Well done PM!clap2.gif

what has improved in this country since the present government has taken over?

I know something: people saying since we have the new PM the petrol prices dropped...cheesy.gif Well done PM!clap2.gif

Yes,I agree with that one, but they have done in most countries I imagine. Do you think that this might be due to the influence of our current leader and demigod? ?

...don't forget to tell the UN how you spent 6 months getting the price of Thai lottery tickets down to 80baht...the UN will be impressed

Your idea of a joke ?? is that all you can post ?? ridiculous your post suggests that is all the PM has done in 1 year, your post is an April fool one-----get real. we all do not find a military government ideal, but is more good than the last lot, it IS an improvement. I dislike military rule in general, but prefer it to near total corruption.

Actually, i think the price is back to 90 bht so he should hold off on that one. Maybe he can just sing his song and recite the 12 values.

Sure. The corruption can now be consolidated to the junta Chief and his allies.

Be aware that there is no requirement for any leader to have to go to the United Nations to speak or report. The General is going at his own free will and he is well aware of what he faces. I am sure he will speak differently to a foreign audience then he does to Thai reporters who are mostly ignorant. This man is no ones fool. He knows exactly what he is doing and how to get it done. Now whether we agree or not, that is up to everyone to decide. If I had to guess, he will make his speech which will give no insight into the Thai political situation; but he will meet with several World leaders; and do some good private public relations work.He will present his real case in private. As far as the UN- it has little real value and takes way too long to make any real decisions that affect anyone. This is just a meet and greet trip.

He has never spoken to a high level foreign audience such as the UN.He has attended conferences but is figuratively always the one at the back picking his nose (literally in one instance).He has certainly had substantive exchanges with the Chinese and Japanese, but these regional powers will always keep dialogue going with neighnbours.If Thaksin came back tomorrow, he would have the same quality (actually rather better, becvause he understand the issues) relations with Beijing and Tokyo.

At the UN he will have no problem with the assembly.(They are used to tyrants and thugs and in this particular group Prayuth is minor league).He won't have any problem with expat Thais either, most Sino Thai middle class - his natural supporters.Dissenting academics/intellectuals/students are a tiny minority and won't make an impact.

His problem will be if he attempts one to one with serious Western leaders like Cameron, Obama,Merkel etc.They will be polite but firm, and will not be interested in his excuses for his role in dismantling democracy.He has little legitimacy in their eyes.Their Embassies and Foreign Offices are not staffed by idiots.

He has made a good start this week by attacking the British Ambassador,Mark Kent, for a rather anodyne blog on democracy.Makes perfect sense to take on a member of the Security Council when one is trying to win friends and influence people at the UN.

I agree with you he is not the dullard he appears to be.But intelligence only takes one so far.The damage he has done to Thailand is incalculable.

Seems like a reasonable assessment. How would *you* summarise the progress achieved by the illegal junta?

How would *you * say the illegal junta is an improvement on the previous democratically elected government?

Answer came there none. In this case, the missing answer is so much more eloquent than the non-missing ones.

Edited by AnnieT

Yeah, he did a lot for Thailand, you got that right - a lot of damage! saai.gif