Cigarette mix-up.

Eddy B

This not a really a post moaning, just an observation. Since Thailand has pushed/forced companies to make the picture so big now I was wondering how many times this has happened. Yesterday I went to a 7/11 and ordered my usual packets of cigs in clear Thai.

Today I opened one of the packs without really paying attention and noticed right away it tasted different. I had ordered two packs of "Wonder" and had instead got one "Wonder" and one "SMS". From a casual glance you would not clearly notice any difference as they are the same colour, only the wording so small helps to separate the brands.

Again not a big moan. I was charged for one thing and did not get what I had paid for. To me it is a few baht so I won't start crying but to a 7/11 this could be big business, if they are selling a higher priced product but in fact giving a cheaper priced one.

I am sure it was just human error of the person doing the re-stock. I will just keep my eyes open more when I go to 7/11's.

Naming and shaming is not allowed.

But i think you're right. Maybe the cashier even didn't see the difference in the packages?

I always buy cartons of cigarettes, much easyier so i don't have to go to a 711 where they can't understand me. Mostly i get them taxfree by the way, they taste the best.

next time look at what you are buying, saves you a lot of time behind hhe computer

Like I said. I am not blaming the staff but myself for not noticing and pointing this out for others to be aware. BTW, how do you know I am sitting behind a computer? I could be on my smartphone...................

Took me 10 years to get the 2 packs (song song) correct.

Some amongst us are just slow learners.

Glad you mastered posting on TVF.

Been on TVF since the start. but it was so full of off-topic trolls (like you) that I avoided it for the most part.

Took me 10 years to get the 2 packs (song song) correct.

Whenever Expats start showing off their rudimentary Thai skills to impress others I tell them to repeat after me:

"Krai Khaai Kai Gai?" (Who's selling the chicken's eggs?)

I snort and giggle when all that comes out is Kai Kai Kai Kai?

Archived