Shaking House

splitlid

In Pattaya in about 1999, my friend's apartment buildin, and I mean a 6 floor 20 units wide on both sides building, shook like hel_l. I am a Californian and have experienced many earthquakes. I assumed this to be one more.

The next day we learned that an oil refinery in Lam Chabang port had blown up. We did not hear an explosion, but we sure felt it.

In Pattaya in about 1999, my friend's apartment buildin, and I mean a 6 floor 20 units wide on both sides building, shook like hel_l. I am a Californian and have experienced many earthquakes. I assumed this to be one more.

The next day we learned that an oil refinery in Lam Chabang port had blown up. We did not hear an explosion, but we sure felt it.

12.45am and it just happened again!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the world ending???????????? :o:D

12.45am and it just happened again!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the world ending???????????? :o:D

It may not be bad construction - Thai radio stations also reporting now other people have felt the same.......

Move your bed away from the wall.

my house in hua hin just moved, its 8.30 at night.anyone else experience this problem???????? :o:D

If I lived in Hua Hin I'd want to move as well. :D

Are you under the flight-path, for the new airport, perhaps ? The back-wash from a 747-400 can be fierce, especially if it's unable to decide, which BKK-airport it should be aiming for ! :D

my house in hua hin just moved, its 8.30 at night.anyone else experience this problem???????? :o:D

If I lived in Hua Hin I'd want to move as well. :D

Are you under the flight-path, for the new airport, perhaps ? The back-wash from a 747-400 can be fierce, especially if it's unable to decide, which BKK-airport it should be aiming for ! :D

I suspect that Hua Hin is quite a distance away from the new airport in Bkk; at least 200km. I am unsure whether the fierceness of backwash from a 747 or from a beer swilling Australian even could reach that far.

Wow, that is amazing; I felt that last night at 12.40 approx. I made a mental note to check it out; and I am in Pattaya! It was very noticable; the whole apartment shook for 10-15 seconds.