A Good Tailor In Bangkok Or Changmai ( Dont Want Suit Falling Apart After 1 Wear )

milkchip

can all u lovely forumites please recommend a good tailor in bangkok. the price is not that important i need a suit in 3 days and a well made 1 at that. i've heard so many horror stories about them falling apart and i need this for a cousins wedding in australia.

cheers folks!!! :D:o:D

Raja's International

Got my suit done here and am really happy with the suit as well as the service. Very reasonably priced as well. Their shop is located on Sukhumvit Road across the street from the Ambassador Hotel.

Raja's ? Hah!!

Some time ago I had 3 suits, a dozen shirts and 6 extra trousers made from Raja's. When I went back for the final fitting the trousers slipped right off my waist being way to big.

After 9 days, went back to pick up the altered trousers and they were all too small. They refused to fix them at this point (for obvious reasons, can cut but how to add?) claiming I must have gained a lot of weight in the 9 days so I was stuck with the trousers. The suit jacket's were too tight as well. ....I was very dissapointed and wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

Edited by excaliber

I always insist that trousers have enough material to let out 4 inches if necessary. With my wife's cooking I never know when I'll put on 30 pounds and I do not want to buy another wardrobe.

Try Narai Tailors on Suk between Soi 8 and Bangkok Bank.

Edited by paulfr

I'd try Rajawongse Clothier. Its at 130 Sukhumvit road. Not the cheapest place but very good quality.

There website is here Rajawongse Clothier

and there is an article about them in USA Today

Almost all senior management at my office get there suits/shirts and trousers made there and I don't know anyone who has been disappointed by the service or quality.

Edited by moonoi

Try the Raja's Tailor that is located on Sukumvit soi 4 oppisite the Nana Hotel. I'm sure they are not associated with the Raja's on Sukumvit. I have used them for a number of things over the years and never a complant.

130 Sukhumvut is around Soi 4 :D they are all there around the Nana Plaza / Landmark Hotel thats why you have to get the exact name and address to make sure you go to the correct one :o

Try the Raja's Tailor that is located on Sukumvit soi 4 oppisite the Nana Hotel. I'm sure they are not associated with the Raja's on Sukumvit. I have used them for a number of things over the years and never a complant.

I have bought over 9 suits from the Raja's Tailor of Sukumvit Soi 4. They are excellent. I remember standing on a street corner in Taipei taking with 3 executives. All of us were wearing Raja's suits. This is a first class operation.

I have bought over 9 suits from the Raja's Tailor of Sukumvit Soi 4. They are excellent. I remember standing on a street corner in Taipei taking with 3 executives. All of us were wearing Raja's suits. This is a first class operation.

No it's not although of the Indian tailors in Bangkok it's by no means the worst.You won't get cheated.However the golden rule is to avoid Indian tailors altogether.Try Dino's on Soi 12.

The thai tailor, second road opposite tipp plaza is number one. know it's not in bkk but well worth the trip.

as the previous poster so wisely stated, avoid indian tailors, most try to rip you off, are sleazy c****s and a** l*****s, full of promises but when it comes to deliver either it's not to your liking (but they still insist on getting paid for it) or the price has mysteriously hiked due to "unforeseen circumstances"..

Now, I'm not saying this goes for all indian tailors but it happened to me 3 times (I'm a slow learner) and to some of my friends too.

I'd go for a thai tailor any day, not pushy and often do a great job of it.

I even had some t-shirts printed with "I don't buy from Indian Tailors" that I wear whenever I walk down Beach Rd past all the indian tailors. It really shut them up.. :o

I'd try Rajawongse Clothier. Its at 130 Sukhumvit road. Not the cheapest place but very good quality.

There website is here Rajawongse Clothier

and there is an article about them in USA Today

Almost all senior management at my office get there suits/shirts and trousers made there and I don't know anyone who has been disappointed by the service or quality.

Rajawongse is excellent.

They are not the cheapest indeed, but compared to a suit made in the west they are still a steal. Their after-service is excellent as well. I recently had a tuxedo made there, and had an older suit let out a bit. The adjustment of the older suit was made free of charge, even though extensive, jacket and pants.

The few times a year i need a suit, i need a good one.

You get what you pay for, and the cheap tailors are a waste of time and money. Most of their cloth is imitated cloth made in Bangladesh, the stitching and fitting a disgrace.

Why getting a suit when everybody can see that it's out of a dump? You make a better impression wearing jeans and T-shirt.