0.5 Rai Beachfront Land Rental in Trang/Satun

Hi,

I'm working on a renewable energy and sustainable living project. I am looking to rent land to work on some of these solutions. The land needs to be near water because I will also be working on natural desalination and purification processes for drinking water. I would like to go further south to Trang/Satun or one of Trang or Satun's islands but I am having difficulty finding any real estate information at all. I am funding my research on my own and don't have the money to island hop all over eastern Thailand scouting land, finding landowners/real estate brokers. Can anyone give me a referral to someone whom works in real estate, who has any knowledge of anyone who works in real estate in Satun or Trang. I just need a name and a telephone number to get me going in the right direction.

If you can manage to get back to me with any information, I would be eternally grateful!!

Thank you

Well....can't help with realtor (most are crooks in Thailand anyway)

Why not try Google ...."Beachfront land for sale..(insert area looking at)" ....this is one way.

or DDproperty, Baht sold, or Thaivisa classifieds.

Although you indicate a lack of desire to personally go to the locations....This actually is the best way to find available properties at a reasonable price. You can always search the web to narrow it down to a particular locale ....probably get a better response

good luck anyway.

I have already tried searching as many terms as I could possibly think of on the web, then I went back and used google translate to translate the terms of my search in Thai. I have yet to find anything about renting land only buying it and the land available for sale is much larger than I need for lease terms much longer than I need. It's not that I don't want to go and look for myself, the issue is that I don't have the funds to do so. I have to stay within a set budget. My last effort is to ask the forum community for referrals to brokers in those areas or brokers who know brokers in those areas. Thank you for your well wishing I will definitely need it.

As said good luck....I live in the Rayong area on the Eastern Seaboard. I have lived here ON the beach for just under 10 years. I mention this because rents for beach homes in the Hat Saeng Chan (beach area) go for about 10k-15k Baht/month....caveat...these are NOT on the beach but within anywhere from 50 to 150 meters from the beach. BUT you have to have feet on the ground to find them....Thai's generally just put a sign on the property and Thats all.

Down in southern Thailand I would guess that rents are even cheaper....5k-10k Baht/month (or maybe even cheaper!)...but you have to have feet on the ground to find them.

I think to be absolutely realistic, you need to go and visit the area and chat to the locals about this. If you cannot speak Thai, then you need a trusted Thai-speaker.

This is the way I have used on 4 occasions to find land to lease longterm in Phuket. I chat with the locals, tell them that I want to lease a plot of land to pay monthly at X baht. within days, cash-poor, asset-rich villagers are flocking to offer their cheap land to lease.

Good luck