License expired 7 months ago, do I have to take tests again?

insertcoins

Glad to hear that. I lost my old license though, would I need to bring in a police report? How about a new medical report?

If you are applying for a five year then ypu need new medical report and residence statement from police.

Glad to hear that. I lost my old license though, would I need to bring in a police report? How about a new medical report?

If you are applying for a five year then ypu need new medical report and residence statement from police.

Also the immigration letter????

I just went in last week with a many years expired Thai license, a valid Florida License, and an International Permit that expires Sep 30. I brought the cert of address letter from immigration and a letter of health from a doctor (cost 100 baht). They made me do all the tests but gave me a five-year license.when I passed everything. Took the better part of two days plus the first day to make sure you have all the paperwork. Doubly painful because of all the flooding. Cost of the five-year license was 600 baht plus.

The written test in Pattaya was 50 questions and you have to get 45 right to pass. Many websites have three sample tests but with only 30 questions each. The new tests went into effect last year I believe. The questions are very much the same with the same questions appearing several times. There appears tp be a few new ones but common sense will get you past those. I got 46 out of 50 and my computer was hanging up is why I missed a couple of questions.Study the old tests and you will be OK. The driving test consists of 1) Parking close to the curb and stoppng the front of the car in a 1 meter zone. 2) parallel parking and you can go back and forward 7 times and pass. 3) Reversing the car about 20 meters and then pulling forward again. If you don't have a car they have a rental at the Land Transport Office but am not sure who owns it.

The same as me. I did my new one 1 month ago 6 months after it ran out. Went down with family member filled form in showed old license send me for the traffic light test, Red,Yellow Green. Went back to the desk she gave me a dock and a number card sent me other place. Got number called had pic taken got 3 yr one, if you want 5yr make sure you state this, normal 1 yr 110bt it is 100bt for each extra yr. was all very easy

• temporary Thai driving license.Expired but not over a year
  • Valid Passport with Valid Non-immigrant Visa
  • A certified letter of address from the applicant's embassy, or from the Immigration Bureau (document can not be older than 30 days).

If you are working in Thailand: Your work permit, can replace either of these documents and serve as address verification!

• 2 photos, 1 x 1 inch and not older than 6 months (use the photo service on the premises, so there won't be an issue about how old the pictures are. Using last year's pictures will definitely not be accepted).

I never took one the first time round. Just showed them a real driving license from a proper country and they gave me one for a car and one for a bike.

So what are you saying,that they don't have a real driving license and that this is not a proper country? There are a lot of shoddy drivers here ,but hey if you think that this is not a proper country Why the fac are you here??

The same as me. I did my new one 1 month ago 6 months after it ran out. Went down with family member filled form in showed old license send me for the traffic light test, Red,Yellow Green. Went back to the desk she gave me a dock and a number card sent me other place. Got number called had pic taken got 3 yr one, if you want 5yr make sure you state this, normal 1 yr 110bt it is 100bt for each extra yr. was all very easy

1 nor 3 year licenses exist.

Agree. The bloody doctor told me I could lose some weight, cheeky bugger. Although the stringent testing for the 5 year blew me away - identifying red, green and yellow colours on the dummy traffic light.

What is really scary is the process of qualifying Thais for driving licenses - I'm still teaching my Thai gf you need to speed up when overtaking. IMHO, driving instructors here are contributing to the national road toll.

I never took one the first time round. Just showed them a real driving license from a proper country and they gave me one for a car and one for a bike.

So what are you saying,that they don't have a real driving license and that this is not a proper country? There are a lot of shoddy drivers here ,but hey if you think that this is not a proper country Why the fac are you here??

Oh dear. Should I go home?

Oh dear. Should I go home?

Not unless you have a proper home.

it's 3 years now

What is 3 years? None of the DL's are.

Sure! My most recent DL has been made valid for SIX years... Maybe they didn't have a calculator for the more common FIVE year extension? Ho hum! ?

Almost six years.

Perfectly timed and calculated.

See post #9.

it's 3 years now

What is 3 years? None of the DL's are.

Sure! My most recent DL has been made valid for SIX years... Maybe they didn't have a calculator for the more common FIVE year extension? Ho hum! ?

5 years plus time to your first birthday.

What does 6 years have to dfo with 3 years BTW?