Death of woman shot dead in Chonburi is a freak accident, say police

webfact

The question for reasonable minds is, how does one get a bullet to the chest whilst removing a gun from under a pillow? Even with a safety off on a single-action automatic the slide has to be engaged to chamber a round and then it takes a deliberate action to get one's thumb inside the trigger guard and that is about the only way one might shoot oneself in the chest, not to mention that most autos have a grip safety that prevents accidental firing. So, before ruling on this, why haven't the BIB checked which of the victim's fingerprints, if any, is on the trigger. A stock double-action revolver would be quite difficult for most men, never mind a tiny lady, to discharge with a thumb, unless of course the hammer was in a cocked position.

What did the ballistics investigation reveal regarding residue on the victim's hand, never mind the other girl, and on the bed clothing?

Whose bed was the victim occupying? Clearly not the other girl as she was in another bed, presumably her own familiar bed, and warned the victim. So, would it be the boyfriend's bed? He didn't sleep with his lady?

If the BIB jumped to conclusions it may have been to avoid the kinds of questions that lead to the hard work of solving unknowns.

Guns - why oh why bah.gif

How can you blame a gun for human error?

Use the Thai logic.... if the gun was not there, the "accident" could not have happened.

But then the American Gun Lobby will come along now and insist that without a gun, she would have equally been able to stab herself to death with an unsheathed combat knife kept under the pillow, or she could have beaten herself accidentally to death with a baseball bat which was under the pillow... or etc "Guns don't kill people...... blah blah blah"

Plus without a loaded and cocked illegally stored pistol under her pillow, the poor lady would have been denied her fundamental right to blow away any random intruders who wanted to burst into the house while she was sleeping and steal her purse.

So let's keep it in perspective. Burglars would never dream of stealing a handgun and selling it for crack money, or even using it to shoot rivals in a gang fight, or armed holdup in 7-11. Guns don't kill people...blah blah blah blah...

I recently visited a friend's land. Nice walled 5 or 6 rai with nice a couple of nice bungalows, ponds, livestock, some cultivation. Very recreational and relaxing.

In the corner of the bungalow a pump action shotgun was propped up in the corner near the door. My friend saw me looking and opened an unlocked desk drawer. In there was one S&W .22 revolver, one Walther 9 mm automatic pistol, several loose rounds of .22 and shotgun cartridges. My wife went to grab the revolver and I know was going to point it at me for a joke. I stopped her. On inspection it was fully loaded. The Walther was loaded and someone had previously cocked it.

The family's children, and their friends' children would all have very easy access to those guns.

I have other friends who shoot hand guns regularly at ranges. They also carry and store guns without any real regard to safety or security.

Scary.

Very scary...

And the PM has just signed off on another 150,000 to be imported without any thought to reducing the number of weapons already out there.

The only reason to have a handgun and keep it at your residence is to kill someone. Most people don't even know how to use one and if confronted by an intruder would fire and miss-giving the intruder the advantage. Handguns should belong to only the police and the Armed Forces. Yes, I am American but I have never owned one and never will.

"Most people don't even know how to use one and if confronted by an intruder would fire and miss-giving the intruder the advantage."

This is true... in the event that the handgun you keep at your residence is one of those old duelling pistols...

Friend appears to be a hooker/gang member (full back tattoo).

Sales assistant in Pattaya .......... makes me wonder!

Perhaps with your superb detective and observation skills, you can identify whether these men with tattoos are hookers or gang members?

attachicon.gifbeck.jpgattachicon.gifskirtl.jpgattachicon.giftim.jpg

It's a different culture, so there are different meanings to tattoo's. Here, a girl with a full back tattoo means she is probably a bar girl.

A room in the Lumpini condo's is probably going to cost all of her sales girls salary, but she can stay out til the small hours drinking. Where's the money come from?

Friend appears to be a hooker/gang member (full back tattoo).

Sales assistant in Pattaya .......... makes me wonder!

Perhaps with your superb detective and observation skills, you can identify whether these men with tattoos are hookers or gang members?

attachicon.gifbeck.jpgattachicon.gifskirtl.jpgattachicon.giftim.jpg

probabilities aren't certainties, Sherlock.

What kind of gun? Revolver? Impossible unless the hammer was cocked. Pistol? Impossible unless a round was in the chamber. Besides - how does one shoot oneself in the chest? That is a very awkward position to shoot yourself. So something does not sound quite right - or facts are not complete. Probably the latter.

My dumb-ass Uncle (Dad's brother) managed to shoot himself in the chest by accident.

I was only about 5 & barely remember the funeral....1972 or so.

I got the story from my oldest brother who was 17 back then.

Uncle Billy was an idiot that carried a .22 Magnum revolver everywhere he went, in his waistband.

He had 6 rounds in it & it fell out of his belt and landed on the back of the hammer on a rock = BANG.

--------------

I grew up around guns. Dad was no gun nut either. He just kept a .22 Magnum Winchester around & educated the hell out of me about it.

He never blamed guns. He blamed it on stupidity.

If you are going to carry a revolver around, keep the hammer on an empty chamber.

But then the anti-Gun Nazi's here would have no idea what an empty chamber is most likely & just scream ban then all!!!!!!

I knew a guy that fell out of a deer stand while bow-hunting in Florida decades ago & killed himself on an arrow.

Accidents happen. Stupidity will never cease to exist.

Edited by jaywalker

Oh Pleeze Trogers, do not rub it in, I am already regretting everyday for buying condos at Lumpini projects ie Lumpini Onnut 46, Lumpini Chaengwattana, Lumpini Bangna, Lumpini Sutthisan, etc and discovering later that the lower life forms that stay there are so dirty, corridors being dirtied, lobbies dirty, creatures sweeping their dirt into the corridors, creatures throwing things from the balconies, creatures making a lot of noise in the rooms, etc etc.

so there is creatures then........gigglem.gif

A tough clamp down on guns is needed in Thailand. Only Police and the Military should be allowed t have them. Anyone else found with a gun should be given a harsh penelty

You are not from the USA I take it........?

No thank god I am not. The US gun laws are at best archaic

The word is constitutional.

No the word is stupid