Golf

To the golfers;

My wife (Thai)and I are regular golfers.

After my retirement (next december/january) we are planning to play about 2-3 times weekly (not in the weekends).

Our home base is in Nakhon Ratchasima

We will also frequently travel to discover the country.

Would be nice to meet members of the forum on the course.

My handicap; 24

Wife's handicap; 28

Like also to hear from you about experiences on the course.

:o

Golf is a great game. I love it so much that I play a lot of it whenever I am on the course. Why just hit it straight and long? It is much more interesting to hit into the rough, feed the lake, hit the beach, bounce off trees, etc. Putting? Well why not 3-4 putt each green ? That way you get to play more golf without paying for another round :o

High handicapper,

Lofu2

If you also make a lot of practice swings before hitting the ball, I suppose your game can last for a day :D

If you are ahead of me, can you please let me pass? :o

I still try to improve,without becoming too serious about it.

However there is a rule for "slow play".

:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

we are a group of french and swiss golfers based in ChiangMai

playing as often as possible (mostly the week-end because the majority of us have business in ChiangMai)

Every year we organize also a small friendly competition.

With 2 other friends we open a small golf tour company so that we have good rates for green-fees, transportations, for our friends

and of course - good hotels rates and excursions fee for our friends and clients.

We work only "a la carte"

If you are interested, even just to meet us friendly and play in ChiangMai, do not hesitate to contact me directly by email [email protected]

I am also very interested about information from golfers of golf course in your area - please, let me knows about the best golf course (your opinion about the quality of greens, club-house (shower, restaurant, ...)

Iwill provide you any direct information of golf courses in the Northern area,

Keep in touch

CM

Rcvd this email from BCCT recently which may be applicable in this topic thread. I suppose contact via the website provided if interested or pm me and I'll pass along the email:

----------------------------

30/4 - SAMITIVEJ HOSPITALS ASHES GOLF CHALLENGE

* * CALL FOR PLAYERS * *

BRITISH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE THAILAND (BCCT) V AUSTRALIAN-THAI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (AUSTCHAM) & NEW ZEALAND-THAI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (NZTCC)

on Friday 30th April 2004 from 12 noon for 12.30 pm shotgun start

at Bangpakong Riverside Country Club - please click on the following url for a location map:-

http://www.thaigolfer.com/courses/map.phtml?id=37

All players should be ready to Tee Off by 12.30 pm. You will need to register on arrival, meet up with your group and be on the Tee for 12.30.

THE BEST 30 NET SCORES PER TEAM WILL DETERMINE THE WINNER

2003 saw about 80 golfers attend the event and we hope for more this year. We would ask you only to put in 4 balls as teams - any more slows the game. Individual players are also welcome and will be placed in 4 ball teams.

The cost per player is THB 2,000 inclusive of green fees, caddy fees, evening buffet, event polo shirt, beer on the course and VAT. Beer over dinner is for personal accounts.

To the golfers;

My wife (Thai)and I are regular golfers.

After my retirement (next december/january) we are planning to play about 2-3 times weekly (not in the weekends).

Our home base is in Nakhon Ratchasima

I'm not ready to play just yet, but I'll be playing in your area quite frequently in about ten years!! My wife is from the Korat area, and we have built a house near Pakchong. Lot's of nice golf courses nearby.

I've run across items on expat golf groups in Chaing Mai, Pataya, and Bangkok areas, but nothing around Khoa Yai area. Maybe I'll have to start one! :o

Dave Clary

Corpus Christi TX

USA

http://davidclary.com

Hello

one of my friends is looking for golf competitions in Thailand

He is a young student 17 years old and get a sponsor who will share expenses to let him participate in any competition - he his abble to travel in Thailand anywhere at any time (week-end only)

Let me know about any golf competition in your area - amateur, semi-pro, club or association competiton ...

Best reagrds

CM