Man found dead in room of Phuket water supply facility

webfact

Man found dead in room of Phuket water supply facility
The Phuket News

1442904647_1-org.jpg
Police and rescue workers inspect the room where the body was discovered.

PHUKET: -- The body of a man was found inside a room at a community water supply facility in Mai Khao yesterday (Sept 21). At present, police are uncertain about the cause of his death but are investigating further.

At 5:30pm yesterday, Tha Chatchai police’s Pol Maj Santi Prakobkarn was called to the Moo Baan Danyid water supply facility in Mai Khao where the body had been found.

Police arrived with Kusoldharm rescue workers and were led to an employee’s room where they found the body of 66-year-old, Doungjan Sang-artith from Chiang Rai lying face down on the floor.

Police Maj Santi said, “We were told that the room had been locked from the inside and that all the windows were shut. Residents broke into the room and found the body.

“We believe the victim had been dead for at least three days before being discovered. There were no signs of foul play or assault.”

The body was taken to Thalang Hospital for doctors to determine the cause of death.

A friend Mr Doungjan, 70-year-old Soon Saetan said, “Doungjan was the caretaker of this facility, we hung out together drinking here.

“Three days ago I came to see him but saw the door was locked and thought he was out. I came back today and noticed a bad smell coming from he room so I called some local residents to help me break into the room. I called the police as soon as we found the body,” said Mr Soon.

“We are waiting for the results of the medical examination, and for now we will continue our investigation and question friends and relatives,” said Maj Santi.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-found-dead-in-room-of-phuket-water-supply-facility-54213.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-22