Exporting Vios

I think I'm heading back to the UK for a years and wondered about taking my Vios to the UK. It's only a year old and I'm not sure I would get a great price for it - so I wondered about taking it home.

Is it finacially viable - or am I better off getting a new car with the proceeds of my sale here?

It's only an idea at the moment - but I'm welcome to any suggestions.

Thanks.

If you've had it for 6 mnoths in your name then you can take it back as a personal import, it will have a MOT test when it arrives, but it should easily pass. I don't think you can sell it for a year as a personal import.

You'll have to install a heater though!

What is a ballpark figure for doing this?

If you've had it for 6 mnoths in your name then you can take it back as a personal import, it will have a MOT test when it arrives, but it should easily pass. I don't think you can sell it for a year as a personal import.

You'll have to install a heater though!

What is a ballpark figure for doing this?

From Japan around €600-€800

Thailand ? Should be around same

Shipping used to be a lot less many years ago, but even now, you ned to make sure that it will pass inspection in the UK. You also not only have to find out about the taxes, but about buying parts in case this same vehicle is not sold in the UK. I thought I read that automobiles were less in the UK than here.

3 things that you want to avoid in life.

1. moving electronics between countries

2. moving vehicles between countries

3. moving women between countries

Shipping used to be a lot less many years ago, but even now, you ned to make sure that it will pass inspection in the UK. You also not only have to find out about the taxes, but about buying parts in case this same vehicle is not sold in the UK. I thought I read that automobiles were less in the UK than here.

3 things that you want to avoid in life.

1. moving electronics between countries

2. moving vehicles between countries

3. moving women between countries

:o

Sell it and buy a new car back in blighty. There's some real bargains to be had in the nearly new market...or so I'm reliably informed by my brother-in-law

My advice is to sell the vehicle here (which you shouldn't loose too much money, second hand vehicles retain good value) and buy a car in the UK with your proceeds...

... You will be able to 'upgrade' to something better in the UK with the cash you will make off the sale of the Vios. Second hand cars in the UK are cheap and plentiful!