new to Phuket

HANABITH

Good day to all good people living in Phuket!

New to Phuket and want to start a small business. I have an interesting food-on-the-go concept that me and my investor might want to try to bring to life here.

We'll start with one or two stalls at Rawai to give it a try and then will probably go ahead further to Patong, Kata and other places. Joints will serve a simple Asian-style food. We understand that we're going to enter a highly competitive local market, but this model worked well in China so we thought why it won't be working here. Looking for a bunch of friendly advises (if any) ranging from "how to start" to "what to watch out for". Your kind word of "local wisdom" is highly appreciated in advance )))

Thanks, mates!

The model in china you speak of....is this something you and your investor did OR are you just copying the idea of what you saw in China and think it will work here?

I only ask, because if you have to come on a public forum for advice, it would appear you have little or no experiencewhistling.gif....and...well....it will not be as easy as you think. Consider this...if your business does become a success it will be at the cost to your competitors (and in Thailand that can mean violence), also you may (probably will) have to pay tea money to stay in business either to the police or local mafiablink.png especially if you are successful.

The model in china you speak of....is this something you and your investor did OR are you just copying the idea of what you saw in China and think it will work here?

I only ask, because if you have to come on a public forum for advice, it would appear you have little or no experiencewhistling.gif....and...well....it will not be as easy as you think. Consider this...if your business does become a success it will be at the cost to your competitors (and in Thailand that can mean violence), also you may (probably will) have to pay tea money to stay in business either to the police or local mafiablink.png especially if you are successful.

Well, we're not just copying that Chinese model, was just a kind of inspiration, we have no experience but we have a guy to join our team who actually has, I'm just trying a new water ))) we're not ready for easy, that's why i'm here just for advise from someone to share his experience and for a friendly chat over this project that may have give us some ideas of what to do first. Yeah, I heard about that teat money thing too, it's common in many other places, so it doesn't surprise me at all. Thanks for you post.

• 3 weeks later...