Buying a used Macbook in Chiang Mai/Bangkok

jonesyb

I am moving to Thailand next week and will want to upgrade my Macbook Pro at some point. Because I am on somewhat of a budget I would like to sell my current Macbook Pro and buy a new one. I dont mind buying used and would prefer to do that because of my limited budget. Has anyone had experience with this sort of thing? My first post, is this the right forum for this type of post? Thank you, I look forward to getting involved in this community more in the coming months.

Mac2hand.com is good place. Sold and bought many things over the years there with no issues.. theres another forum completely in Thai for used macbook parts (which name I forgot)

I was always able to check the serial number, verify it with Apple and never had any issues.

Just personal experience.

Edited by NewInPatts

Thank you for your suggestions everyone. What I have done is upgrade my current Macbook. Upgraded ram to 8gb and a 500gb SSD instead of the standard hd.

I was thinking of doing similar on my early 2011/13". How is it now? And where did you do it, Thailand?

Thank you for your suggestions everyone. What I have done is upgrade my current Macbook. Upgraded ram to 8gb and a 500gb SSD instead of the standard hd.

I was thinking of doing similar on my early 2011/13". How is it now? And where did you do it, Thailand?

I am still in England. Fly out on Thursday. My post is a little misleading, I have bought the parts to do the job and will do it when I'm over there. I am so busy sorting stuff out. I shall post the results though.

I am also going to remove the optical drive and put the old hard drive in there for extra storage.