Help required

DICKYBOY

Guys, had my car cleaned yesterday at my local car wash, went to pick it up and all around the front wheel arches is what looks like residue from tarmac that has recently been put down and with so much going on around the Hua Hin area it could have been on for over 2wks. So my question is to you out there, any advice as to where to take it or anyone know what chemical can be bought/used to clean it off. Anybody had the same problem, l'm sure this must have happened to many over here.. It's a Toyota so l guess that they would do it but at a price, so looking for alternative suggestions before going down that route. Many thanks in advance......

I had a similar problem years back and was told by a flashy carwash they couldn't do it....I then went to my local "shed" who didn't bat an eyelid and just returned the car clean. So whatever it is there is solvent out there somewhere that does it....just try a few more car washes...

Did you try WD 40 yet?

Yep, WD40 or Sonax will take it off with noooooooo paint probs...thumbsup.gif

I've seen this product at a shop in Sisaket not too long ago.

It was in German, the word for tar is Teer Entferner. ( Tar remover) Sorry for the wrong language. BTW, they also have the best car wax from Sonax, also written in German, called Auto Wachs, biggrin.png

post-158336-0-41183400-1443179859_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

Did you try WD 40 yet?

Yes this, not kerosene it will ruin the finish with a permanent dull.

^Gunk is also too harsh for the finish. But there is also another product that is not easy to locate called Goo Gone (citrus based product) I think I purchased at True Value, but by far the best one which is also the easiest to locate is WD40 or maybe even the Sonax but I never had really good luck with most of their products I tried.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Did you try WD 40 yet?

Yes this, not kerosene it will ruin the finish with a permanent dull.

^Gunk is also too harsh for the finish. But there is also another product that is not easy to locate called Goo Gone (citrus based product) I think I purchased at True Value, but by far the best one which is also the easiest to locate is WD40 or maybe even the Sonax but I never had really good luck with most of their products I tried.

Used kerosene to remove tar on many cars without any paint dulling.

Guys thank you so much for all your advice and prior knowledge of products. Found a Asphalt&Adhesive Remover (which includes tar removal) aerosol, got it from Home Pro 175bht. Used that and when that ran out just a bit of WD40 to finish the job. All good now just needs a good wash and job done. Again many thanks, exactly why this type of forum is so good>>>>>>>>

just use petrol........it disolves the stuff.....

And burns your hands............sad.png

Well it does mine......smile.png

I used the wife's hands. No problem.

Just tell her that her skin will be as white as white can be afterwards and don't forget to ask for a little handy tip. thumbsup.gif

just use petrol........it disolves the stuff.....

And burns your hands............sad.png

Well it does mine......smile.png

...Bloke down our ways baths in the stuff - never had a problem (other than a house fire) in years.....

facepalm.gif These kind of posts are always entertaining.. cheesy.gif