A Hungarian view on Hungary’s migrant situation

webfact

A Hungarian view on Hungary’s migrant situation

BUDAPEST: -- Hungary has been in the international media spotlight for months.

On the south-eastern edge of a cluster of border-free Schengen Zone members, it is on the frontline of the migration crisis sweeping Europe.

While foreign media has often concentrated on the individuals and families making the journey across the continent, our correspondent in Budapest says focus in the Hungarian media has depended on the political orientation of the news organisation.

Euronews’ Attila Magyar says clashes on the Serbia-Hungary border attracted almost as many journalists as the migrants present and the country is not used to it.

Gergely Dudas, the editor-in-chief of popular online news site, Index, says the number of hits on his site has increased dramatically as the number of migrants entering Europe rises. Record numbers visited the site after Hungary made a controversial decision to build a fence on its border with Serbia to stem the flow of people entering the country. A further barrier across its frontier with Croatia is under construction and one has been proposed for Romania.

The government’s actions have provoked debate both in Hungary and abroad. Hungarian camera woman Petra Laszlo also came under criticism and eventually lost her job when images circulated of her appearing to kick fleeing migrants.

While some have been loud in their disapproval of Hungary’s reaction to the new arrivals, Syrian-Hungarian journalist Hesna al-Ghaoui thanked the local people for helping migrants entering the country.

euronews2.png
-- euronews 2015-09-24

after watching various newscasts on the behaviour of these so called immigrants I am of the opinion that they should not be allowed into Europe there appears to be a dominance of men in these groups it has been stated in the past that muslims will take over the western hemisphere and in my opinion this is whats happening now ,we must take action now before its too late.

after watching various newscasts on the behaviour of these so called immigrants I am of the opinion that they should not be allowed into Europe there appears to be a dominance of men in these groups it has been stated in the past that muslims will take over the western hemisphere and in my opinion this is whats happening now ,we must take action now before its too late.

the bigger question is why haven't these gulf muslim countries taken any of these migrants and refugees? don't they care about their own muslim brothers? apparantely not and yet europe is getting criticized even when it's accepted many and then there are those saying america should take "its share" of migrants because we armed the militants. smh we don't want to <deleted> ourselves over and we already have our own immigration problems to deal with. we can't let the whole muslim world into our country.

"So called immigrants"? What would you call them? Yes there are more men than women, because often from a family (who have been in a refugee camp in Jordan or Lebanon, without any outlook on the future) only one person is chosen to make the long, expensive and dangerous journey (and these are of course normally men and boys). Once they are in Europe and have gotten asylum they can get their families over more easily.

What king of actions do you suggest Europe takes "before its too late"? Shoot them all on sight? Or reopen Auschwitz?

"So called immigrants"? What would you call them? Yes there are more men than women, because often from a family (who have been in a refugee camp in Jordan or Lebanon, without any outlook on the future) only one person is chosen to make the long, expensive and dangerous journey (and these are of course normally men and boys). Once they are in Europe and have gotten asylum they can get their families over more easily.

That doesn't address the problem, nor does it take account of how many are refugees, and how many economic migrants.

That doesn't address the problem, nor does it take account of how many are refugees, and how many economic migrants.

I wasn't addressing the problem, was mere questioning the simplicity of the view.

Wrt refugee/economic migrant It is rather simple. The vast majority of the people entering the EU now are refugees fleeing from a war. The number of economic refugees is minimal, and they are send back because (at the moment) they wont get asylum. Will a few slip through the maze? Of course there will be a few. But is that a reason to send them all away? I think not.

And btw, aren't us foreigners at TV for 99.9% economic migrants too?

What they very conveniently forget (& that applies on TV too) is that following the Hungarian uprising in 1956 and the ultimate Soviet troop invasion, over 200,000 Hungarian refugees fled the country to be taken in by neighbouring countries.

Now, with the boot on the other foot, Hungary is behaving just like their Soviet overlords.

Similarly the Czech uprising has been forgotten by the Czech Republic & Slovakia who are behaving similarly.

Yes, it's not the local people who have the Nazi-style attitude but their governments.

What they very conveniently forget (& that applies on TV too) is that following the Hungarian uprising in 1956 and the ultimate Soviet troop invasion, over 200,000 Hungarian refugees fled the country to be taken in by neighbouring countries.

Now, with the boot on the other foot, Hungary is behaving just like their Soviet overlords.

Similarly the Czech uprising has been forgotten by the Czech Republic & Slovakia who are behaving similarly.

Yes, it's not the local people who have the Nazi-style attitude but their governments.

Since when is Syria a neighbouring country to Hungary? It's also not a human right to choose which country you apply asylum in.

Since when is Syria a neighbouring country to Hungary? It's also not a human right to choose which country you apply asylum in.

No one said that Syria Is a neighbour to Hungary as it's irrelevant - a straw man. Every refugee has a right to choose which country they want to end up in but their choice may not be met. (see Thailand - Uighers to China).

I doubt that many of them want to stay in Hungary given that country's Natzi attitude but preventing them from transversing the country is pretty sick.

BTW many of the Hungarian refugees from 1956 ended up in the USA, Canada and other non-neighbouring countries - their choice and accepted by their chosen destination.

BTW2 The refugees come from mainly from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan; Italy & Malta has had to deal with those from Libya, a country destroyed by NATO that the likes of Hungary is a member of.

No one said that Syria Is a neighbour to Hungary as it's irrelevant - a straw man. Every refugee has a right to choose which country they want to end up in but their choice may not be met. (see Thailand - Uighers to China).

I doubt that many of them want to stay in Hungary given that country's Natzi attitude but preventing them from transversing the country is pretty sick.

BTW many of the Hungarian refugees from 1956 ended up in the USA, Canada and other non-neighbouring countries - their choice and accepted by their chosen destination.

BTW2 The refugees come from mainly from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan; Italy & Malta has had to deal with those from Libya, a country destroyed by NATO that the likes of Hungary is a member of.

No, asylum seekers do not have the right to choose which country they should get asylum in. Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

I wasn't addressing the problem, was mere questioning the simplicity of the view.

Wrt refugee/economic migrant It is rather simple. The vast majority of the people entering the EU now are refugees fleeing from a war. The number of economic refugees is minimal, and they are send back because (at the moment) they wont get asylum. Will a few slip through the maze? Of course there will be a few. But is that a reason to send them all away? I think not.

And btw, aren't us foreigners at TV for 99.9% economic migrants too?

The world governments should be ashamed for not seeing this coming . Now there is a coming together of world leaders to solve this crisis and they cannot resolve this mess . IMHO the situation will worsen with ramifications amany . BTW , us foreigners here in Thailand actually make a contribution to the country and unlike asylum seekers we are not a burden on financial benefits , housing , hospitals or the job market

The world governments should be ashamed for not seeing this coming . Now there is a coming together of world leaders to solve this crisis and they cannot resolve this mess . IMHO the situation will worsen with ramifications amany . BTW , us foreigners here in Thailand actually make a contribution to the country and unlike asylum seekers we are not a burden on financial benefits , housing , hospitals or the job market

Fully agree that governments should have seen this coming.

You think that (economic) asylum seekers in Europe dont (want to) contribute to the countries where they reside? This is only an opinion, correct? I know quite a few immigrants who have very successful careers and/or their own business. A lot of refugees have very good educations, and yes they might take a job from a local, but so do and I you here in Thailand! I actually think that if you let them the opportunity to work, they will have a far greater contribution to the EU than Greece has for instance.

The fact that they might be a burden on financial benefits is more the fault of the country where they end up rather than the fault of the refugees themselves. One cannot blame them for using the benefits system in, say, Germany, The Netherlands or Sweden when the arrive ther. But if you would ask these refugees, my bet is that 90%++ would rather like to work iso getting financial benefits.....

No, asylum seekers do not have the right to choose which country they should get asylum in. Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

Its a rather strange remark that you say that asylum seekers do not have the right to choose which country they want to try to get asylum in. Who else than the refugee do you think "has the right" to make that choice?

What king of actions do you suggest Europe takes "before its too late"? Shoot them all on sight? Or reopen Auschwitz?

By your description, they are illegal immigrants.

If you are a refugee, fleeing a dangerous country, you do not leave your family behind.

And btw, aren't us foreigners at TV for

99.9% economic migrants too?

If the vast majority are fleeing a war, why are 75% of them young, single men?

Its a rather strange remark that you say that asylum seekers do not have the right to choose which country they want to try to get asylum in. Who else than the refugee do you think "has the right" to make that choice?

The law states that they cannot pick & choose.

They are entitled to seek refugee status in the first European country they arrive in, not the one with the mist generous welfare system.

If you are a refugee, fleeing a dangerous country, you do not leave your family behind.

What makes you think that my description makes them illegal immigrants?

For your other remark, read my post

???You just replied to my other post where I explained this. Short term memory loss maybe?

What do you think the attitude of the various EU governments and citizens would be if the 'migrants' were all God-fearing Christians fleeing from persecution?

I suspect that the negativity of the Hungarian government etc towards these migrants is because they are Muslim, and Muslims are hardly flavour of the month as far as living in peace with other religions, integrating, adopting Christian values etc etc etc

???You just replied to my other post where I explained this. Short term memory loss maybe?

You apparently have not responded to the point 'If you are a refugee, fleeing a dangerous country, you do not leave your family behind'

You apparently have not responded to the point 'If you are a refugee, fleeing a dangerous country, you do not leave your family behind'

Why should I react to that? Its your statement not mine.......

You think that (economic) asylum seekers in Europe dont (want to) contribute to the countries where they reside? This is only an opinion, correct? I know quite a few immigrants who have very successful careers and/or their own business. A lot of refugees have very good educations, and yes they might take a job from a local, but so do and I you here in Thailand! I actually think that if you let them the opportunity to work, they will have a far greater contribution to the EU than Greece has for instance.

The fact that they might be a burden on financial benefits is more the fault of the country where they end up rather than the fault of the refugees themselves. One cannot blame them for using the benefits system in, say, Germany, The Netherlands or Sweden when the arrive ther. But if you would ask these refugees, my bet is that 90%++ would rather like to work iso getting financial benefits.....

I will hit the nail on the head . England has seen a lowering of living standards over the last 20 years and much of it is attributed to the E.C. with its free movement of labour and immigration which is now spiraling out of control with the government unable to give any accurate figures . There was a time when a tradesman could earn a decent wage but he has taken a big hit in the last 10 years or so by being undermined by cheap foreign labour who can live with 10 persons to a room with no problems and send home their wages which are many times more than they could ever earn in their homelands. The government says they are making a contribution to the UK economy , lies , they are making the business bosses rich ( i.e. the tories puppeteer ) . All at the expense of the real Englishman . There are many families who have lost there homes as they were unable to keep up with mortgage payments because of wage cuts .

Have you taken a walk down your local high street recently , if its anything like Southampton the majority speak a foreign language . The schools are mostly non whites and English is not the first language . Also there is very little integration . T.V. and weather presenters are more often than not non white . I have only mentioned England and not the UK as others may have better info . If you are happy to live in a multicultural country then England is the place to be . Oh , did you know that there were 320,000 people emigrating from the UK last year with a guesstimate of 600,000 coming in . So there is a brain drain going on with most off to countries with attractive salaries . Leaving a sinking ship comes to mind .

What makes you think that my description makes them illegal immigrants?

For your other remark, read my post

They are illegal immigrants for a number of reasons.

Firstly, they have no visa which gives them permission to enter or live in their country of choice.

Secondly, the Dublin Accord states that refugees must apply for refugee status in the first European country they arrive in.

Thirdly, over 75% would not be entitled to refugee status as they are from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and even some African nations. They are throwing away their passports and claiming to be Syrian.

So yes they are illegal immigrants

You did not explain it.

If it is so dangerous where they come from, how come it was safe enough to leave the wife & kids behind?

Note that in many cases, it will take at least 18 months before they are allowed to bring their families across.

Would you leave your wife & kids in imminent danger for a year and a half?

Of course not, neither would they.

You did not explain it.

If it is so dangerous where they come from, how come it was safe enough to leave the wife & kids behind?

Note that in many cases, it will take at least 18 months before they are allowed to bring their families across.

Would you leave your wife & kids in imminent danger for a year and a half?

Of course not, neither would they.

I did explain. Learn to read (post 5) and dont try to make it look like your thoughts as something I said......

Edited by RockyBeerbelly

" One cannot blame them for using the benefits system in, say, Germany, The Netherlands or Sweden when the arrive ther. But if you would ask these refugees, my bet is that 90%++ would rather like to work iso getting financial benefits....."

Dream on. They "demand" to go to the countries they've cherry picked for the best benefits to suit themselves. They refuse to be registered at the first arrival country, as required by law, and then riot and assault police officers if they can't get their own way. Many have been refugees in Turkey for sometime but know the welfare benefits are better in Western Europe.

Sure the want to work at whatever they choose providing they are given accommodation where they want, that suits them, free health care, substances and education etc. Then once established they want to bring their extended families over - all to receive benefits and freebies as soon as they arrive.

Oh, and btw they want absolute respect for their culture, religion and what they deem to be acceptable laws and will piss on yours, show no respect or gratitude and want to replace their culture with theirs.

Unless all the economic migrants and pretend refugees, like those who had homes in Turkey are sent back, this invasion will continue and will lead to very unpleasant consequences.

They have absolutely no right to demand, backed up with violence, anything they like.

They are illegal immigrants for a number of reasons.

Firstly, they have no visa which gives them permission to enter or live in their country of choice.

Secondly, the Dublin Accord states that refugees must apply for refugee status in the first European country they arrive in.

Thirdly, over 75% would not be entitled to refugee status as they are from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and even some African nations. They are throwing away their passports and claiming to be Syrian.

So yes they are illegal immigrants

Again difficulties reading my posts. I simply asked "What makes you think that my description makes them illegal immigrants". Your answer that these people are illegal immigrants I find completely irrelevant. They probably are, until they ask for asylum....so what?

41% of the refugees are from Syria.