Don Muan Or New Airport?

tariq

hi guys need an urgent reply please!!

GF leaves to in a few hours to fly out from bangkok to heathrow with british airways.

BA told me from don muang but a few people in thailand are saying all operations have , sinve yesterday, been transferred to the new airport?

the flight nuimber is BA0010.

I'm calling BA again now to checkbut any answers from you appreciated

cheers

taz...

hi guys need an urgent reply please!!

GF leaves to in a few hours to fly out from bangkok to heathrow with british airways.

BA told me from don muang but a few people in thailand are saying all operations have , sinve yesterday, been transferred to the new airport?

the flight nuimber is BA0010.

I'm calling BA again now to checkbut any answers from you appreciated

cheers

taz...

DM is closed ... Suwannapoom now has the airport designation BKK

Personally, if I was you, I'd call back again and ask to speak to the supervisor and ask why they are given out totally false information and if they are prepared to pay for all expenses caused to passengers who end up going to the wrong airport. Some one there at BA obviously doesn't know their head from a hot rock. Check out BA's website to get their official confirmation that they indeed did move to Suvarnabhumi...

BA Website

Bangkok Airport Change, effective 28 September 2006

Summary

From 0300hrs on 28 September 2006, British Airways and Qantas will be moving their Bangkok services from Don Muang airport, to the new Suvarnabhumi Airport. We are working closely with the Airport Authority of Thailand to ensure a smooth transition between the two airports.

More information

How do I know which airport my flight will depart from?

All flights move at 0300 on Thursday 28 September 2006.

Departures from Bangkok to London and Sydney on 27 September will depart from Don Muang Airport. Departures from Bangkok to London on 28 September depart from Don Muang Airport.

Departures from Bangkok to Sydney on 28 September will depart from the new Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Please check your flight time carefully as flights from Bangkok to London depart shortly after midnight each day.

Are there lounge facilities at Suvarnabhumi Airport?

We are currently designing new FIRST and Club World lounge facilities at Suvarnabhumi Airport, which are scheduled to open late December 2006. From 28 September 2006 until the new lounge is open, Qantas and British Airways will be using temporary lounge facilities.(Customers are advised that the temporary facilities may not be open within the first two weeks of the airport opening. More information will be available from customer service staff in Bangkok).

Due to space limitations, access to these facilities will be restricted to customers travelling in FIRST and Club World on the day of travel. At this time, lounge access will not be possible for Executive Club Gold or Silver members, or oneworld Sapphire members travelling in World Traveller or World Traveller Plus.

We apologise for this inconvenience, and look forward to welcoming all eligible customers to our new lounge in late December 2006.

BA Website

Bangkok Airport Change, effective 28 September 2006[/b]

Summary

From 0300hrs on 28 September 2006, British Airways and Qantas will be moving their Bangkok services from Don Muang airport, to the new Suvarnabhumi Airport.

More information

How do I know which airport my flight will depart from?

Departures from Bangkok to London on 28 September depart from Don Muang Airport.

Thanks for the replies.... still trying to get thru to BA.

The above is form their site but as I read it they contradict themselves!!????

I've been confused in the past when flights leave soon after midnight. The date is of course the next day, I have to re- remind myself, and 'just after midnight' is before 3am - as a general rule. So BA seem to have got it right. Their point will have applied to all flights in the procession to other European cities which leave around that time.

The flights may be just before midnight during the Northern winter and Southern summer, because of the 2 hour time difference in the difference between UK and Oz. I think my first flight from BKK was before midnight in November a few years back.