This site is warming up. please refresh...

petedk

I just received this message when trying to open a microsoft help page. I waited a good ten minutes and tried refreshing but still got the same message.

Couldn't find anything on Google. Anyone else experience this?

What does it mean?

Caching systems present in many websites or databases need time to warm up.

Basically the first request does all the hard work and saves it so next requests are much faster.

But typically the server works even before "warmed up" and if it won't then doesn't go into use until ready.

But if showing error for a while likely it failed it's setup and gone wrong. Ms has servers worldwide so try a VPN or proxy if you can.

"Warming up" is an expression used by Microsoft with their IIS web server. It sounds like the server has caching enabled, but the cache software is failing to communicate with the database or other store of web pages.

Nothing you can do about it. The website is broken and needs to be fixed before it can be used. Just check back later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Warming up? Hmm. Never seen it, never heard of it. Are you for real?

Yes, I am for real.

I have never seen it before either and was in fact worried that it may have been malware or a virus.

Edited by petedk

"Warming up" is an expression used by Microsoft with their IIS web server. It sounds like the server has caching enabled, but the cache software is failing to communicate with the database or other store of web pages.

Nothing you can do about it. The website is broken and needs to be fixed before it can be used. Just check back later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I did that and everything worked as normal.