sweet dragonfruit cuttings

fruitman

I have some sweet dragonfruit cuttings, variety is Cebra.....google for more info. Other variety's coming soon.

Willing to trade for imported rare tropical fruitplants/tree's but if you don't have anything then 1000 baht a cutting. I'm looking for good ultra tropical avocado-variety's, good mango-variety's (from abroad) , sweet waxapple variety's from Indonesia, good starapple variety's, sweet madrono from Brasil and so on.

Also i have eugenia candolleana tree which is blooming. 2000 baht, small one of same age but not blooming 1000. Why so much? Bangkok is expensive for rare plants and these fruits are not for sale in Thailand.

1000 baht per cutting ? cheesy.gif We get for free around my area.biggrin.png

DRAGON FRUIT HYBRID 'CEBRA' Has a large dark red fleshed fruit pulp averaging 1 pound. It takes an average of 46 days to harvest. CEBRA is very tasty with a refreshing grape like flavor and scores an average BRIX rating of 17. Growth is sturdy and grey/green, 3-angled with several spines on stem edges.

So what's the Brix of yours kwai?? 7 maybe at max. i guess.... clap2.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif gigglem.gif

Cebra is as sweet as namdocmai mango

http://www.21food.com/products/mango-namdokmai-no.4-(premium-grade)-278187.html

• 2 weeks later...

OK Kwai won't answer me about the brix.

Then you guys keep on growing the old same bland one.

What will happen if this new variety (i have some more, the best ones from the tastings) are on the markets next to the bland ones? These ones are much sweeter and have more flavour. Yellow ones are small and have spines.

I sent them to singapore and the eugenia candolleana are booked.

I do have some more tropical fruit which i never saw for sale in Thailand but i won't bother you with it. Just wait untill you see it on the market.

For avocado i grow Booth#7, Pederson, Hass from Jatujak, Hass from Spain and am still looking for more variety's. None of these have fruited yet but the tree is still young. They all grow on 1 tree.

Catalina, Monroe are west-indian variety's i would like to grow, if anybody has scions then let me know.

The Thai don't care for variety-names which makes it hard to find them. Better bring them from overseas as scionwood and graft it. Avocado is easy to graft.

Hass from Spain doesn't grow fast here, i wonder why but it is grafted onto a Pederson tree.

Soidog2 has a good collection of Avocado varieties and I'm hoping to go see him soon. I am planting 30 trees next month and another 50 or so next year. I am building a collection of rare citrus too.

Drop me a PM and let me know where you are.

How about some Argan (Argania Spinosa) seeds my dad brought (pinched them) from Morocco, you can earn a golden nose with the oil, if you live another 50 years LOL.

4 Seeds for 2 good cut tropical Avocados like preferable Hass or Booth 7 ?

also red Dragonfruit is missing in my collection.

pleasure to hear from you..

Will

How about some Argan (Argania Spinosa) seeds my dad brought (pinched them) from Morocco, you can earn a golden nose with the oil, if you live another 50 years LOL.

4 Seeds for 2 good cut tropical Avocados like preferable Hass or Booth 7 ?

also red Dragonfruit is missing in my collection.

pleasure to hear from you..

Will

No thanks Will, i never heard of that fruit and also only care for fruittree's who give very nice fruit. Also i prefer fruit which is easy to eat out of the hand without needing a knife to peel it.

Mamey sapote sounds good, they are huge and also not that hard to obtain abroad. There are many variety's in them.

Also i prefer tree's that can be grown in containers since i don't have much land here in BKK.

Booth#7 is an ultra tropical avocado but Hass is not. I grow both but neither one of them has fruited yet, takes more time i guess. For Hass it's a gamble if they can fruit in BKK, maybe it's too hot here.

And the red or white dragonfruit from Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia is not as sweet as the american variety's is what i learned. Never tasted those myself yet but i believe the experts.

Maybe the Thai variety's give higher yield, no idea but for myself i only care about taste.

There's so much fruit that can grow in Thailand but somebody has to be the first to try it out. My garden is loaded with rare fruittree's allready but there's always more i would like to try. Since we have internet it's easy to see what they're growing in Brazil or Puero Rico to name something.

If i had much land available i would grow them all but in BKK that will cost a fortune.

Thanks for reply,

sure Argan is something you need a semi desert condition for. Famous for the pictures of the tree climbing goats in Morocco.

The oil is 90 EUR per liter so quite posh.

OK, land limitation is for me something different, I have got 6 Rai and another 3 optional. That should do me for a good fruit tree collection.

Cheers

Will

Thanks for reply,

sure Argan is something you need a semi desert condition for. Famous for the pictures of the tree climbing goats in Morocco.

The oil is 90 EUR per liter so quite posh.

OK, land limitation is for me something different, I have got 6 Rai and another 3 optional. That should do me for a good fruit tree collection.

Cheers

Will

Yes Will, what are you waiting for? Go to Jatujak on a wednesday and bring a pickuptruck that you park at the or-tor-kor market at the opposit site of the road of jatujak. Then you walk around the market and buy every fruittree you didn't have yet.

Then you go get the truck, drive around the market again and load it with all your just bought tree's.

Bring a Thai with you because nobody speaks english there.

I haven't been much around and especially Bangkok I avoided. So most of my trees that we have now around my rented house are from the Banglamung Market in Pattaya at the Sukhumvit road. In our Soi Village Garden these trees were stuffing but as I brought them to our new Land they were simply lost.

Was it english or aussie sarcasm or is the Or Tor Kor market really that big and worth to go? Sure I would have a look to boost my collection if there are so many rare plants to find.

Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 19/10/2015 at 5:46 PM, fruitman said:

Yes Will, what are you waiting for? Go to Jatujak on a wednesday and bring a pickuptruck that you park at the or-tor-kor market at the opposit site of the road of jatujak. Then you walk around the market and buy every fruittree you didn't have yet.

Then you go get the truck, drive around the market again and load it with all your just bought tree's.

Hi Fruitman. 

I've just started reading this thread. Do you happen to know if Jatujak plant market still opens on Wednesdays?

Where exactly in JJ market is the (Wednesday) plant section? 

Thanking you in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Went there last year so expect it will still be going strong.A number of the vendors were from Nakhon Nayok /Prachinburi areas and I have since visited them at their nurseries.There are lots (maybe 50+) of fruit tree nurseries along the 33 both sides of the road for many kilometers north of Prachin towards Nakhon Nayok.

Will likely visit JJ flower and fruit market again in the next month or two.

On 10/19/2015 at 5:46 PM, fruitman said:

It's also great for building an herb garden...they pretty much have all Thai herbs commonly used and most western standards too

Archived