Extension as dependent ?

I have a friend (Swedish) that was married to a Thai man a long time ago (divorced).

They have 2 boys together. One of the boys got his Thai citizenship not that long ago. Can his brother get an extension of stay as dependent ? His mother can get one I suppose.

Edited by larsjohnsson

Both the boys are Thai nationals by birth. All that is needed is proof of it to get a passport and ID card.

The mother can get an extension as the parent of a Thai. She would have to show 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income.

The brother can get an extension as a returning Thai national. It would require proof that his father is Thai.

I assume you mean the brother that has no Thai birth certificate.

He should go to immigration and apply for a one year extension of stay as returning Thai national. If the birth certificate is not in English it will need to be translated to Thai. Having copies of his fathers house book along with ID card should be enough.

To get a Thai birth certificate here has to done through the Consular Affairs Department of the MFA. They will forward the application to the embassy in Sweden for them to issue a birth certificate..