So, Can You Still Grab A Taxi On The Departures Level?

chanchao

This was always my preferred way of grabbing a taxi primarily because the queue in front fo the booth was often so long.

Is this still possible at the new airport? Anyone tried it yet? I know taxis arent allowed to wait, but the way it worked before was that you'd just get in immediately as an arriving person got out.

Made for a happy driver too, who got an immediate return trip, not havign to wait in the taxi queue himself.

Cheers,

Chanchao

This was always my preferred way of grabbing a taxi primarily because the queue in front fo the booth was often so long.

Is this still possible at the new airport? Anyone tried it yet? I know taxis arent allowed to wait, but the way it worked before was that you'd just get in immediately as an arriving person got out.

Made for a happy driver too, who got an immediate return trip, not havign to wait in the taxi queue himself.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Good question ! I did that a few times when things were too hectic, but that is pretty rare in my experience - could be my arrival times are well matched to taxi availability at DM.

In another forum that shall remain nameless, a punter indicated that the departure lounge is a good place to pick up something else as well for the ride home in a taxi :o