Changes to Tourist Visa Requirements At Consulate in Bali.

Once again it would seem the selfish few have now forced vongbali into a defensive position.

"I want to highlight again that for the return tickets, the applicant needs to purchased it and show the prove of payment.

I have banned many of fake-bookings applicants now."
It is the majority, as always, who suffer because of the actions/behaviour of a few.

minimum of 700$

is that per entry,so that a triple requires 3 times 700$=2100$ ?

and original bankbook or would a copy be enough?

Just $700 to have the visa issued. That is close to the normal 20K baht to have a visa issued.as shown in the MFA rules.

Will you accept something other than a hotel booking?

Would an apartment rental be accepted for example. Some people even have there own homes and condos.

I would accept that as long as your name is on it.

Thanks

That is what I assumed,

I thought one of the advantages of having a Visa issued, is that a return flight wasn't needed? If you apply for a single entry TR with the intention of extending it in country for 30 days, but don't know you exact departure date or location, does that mean you still have to book a return leg, which you know won't be used? Furthermore, on most lower cost/class seats the change booking details fee can be 100% of the already paid ticket cost. Finally, when changing a ticket, you are usually excluded from promotional pricing. Seems this could be a significant cost factor.

I thought one of the advantages of having a Visa issued, is that a return flight wasn't needed? If you apply for a single entry TR with the intention of extending it in country for 30 days, but don't know you exact departure date or location, does that mean you still have to book a return leg, which you know won't be used? Furthermore, on most lower cost/class seats the change booking details fee can be 100% of the already paid ticket cost. Finally, when changing a ticket, you are usually excluded from promotional pricing. Seems this could be a significant cost factor.

A flight out of the country is a requirement to get a tourist visa according to the MFA rules. Info here on MFA website, http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html:

It has been posted in other topics that the consulate will accept one way tickets 90 days apart for each entry.

• Like 1

A flight out of the country is a requirement to get a tourist visa according to the MFA rules. Info here on MFA website, http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html:

It has been posted in other topics that the consulate will accept one way tickets 90 days apart for each entry.

Sorry but it's confusing: you keep saying ONE WAY tickets and he says RETURN

Vongbali: I want to highlight again that for the return tickets, the applicant needs to purchased it and show the prove of payment.

You : It has been posted in other topics that the consulate will accept one way tickets 90 days apart for each entry.

Vongbali: I want to highlight again that for the return tickets, the applicant needs to purchased it and show the prove of payment.

You : It has been posted in other topics that the consulate will accept one way tickets 90 days apart for each entry.

"Confusing " for some maybe.

What seems to be quite clear is that the Thai Bali consulate wishes to see evidence of fully paid flights out of Thailand before a visa will be issued.

Edited by oncearugge

"Confusing " for some maybe.

What seems to be quite clear is that the Thai Bali consulate wishes to see evidence of fully paid flights out of Thailand before a visa will be issued.

And thats not the question

As you wrote and are aware of it is known that one way tickets have been accepted in the past.

It would probably be better to say a ticket out of the country rather than return but it is just a different way of saying it. To some a return ticket would indicate a ticket back to Bali which is certainly not required.

He is saying he wants to see a real confirmed and paid for ticket. I suspect somebody tried doctoring up an old ticket or such to show.

As you wrote and are aware of it is known that one way tickets have been accepted in the past.

It would probably be better to say a ticket out of the country rather than return but it is just a different way of saying it. To some a return ticket would indicate a ticket back to Bali which is certainly not required.

He is saying he wants to see a real confirmed and paid for ticket. I suspect somebody tried doctoring up an old ticket or such to show.

Not at all, I am not aware that one way tickets were accepted. Would you have a link to these posts?

Of course, we are talking of plane tickets FROM THAILAND to another country,not from Bali.

You write "in the past" , do you mean that it is no longer true?

On the other hand I read a few tweets from their Tweeter account and posts from Vongbali here, saying they want return tickets and a member reported being refused because he had only singles.

Yes they are adamant about proof of payment but that's another story.

It is a little confusing. Go back a step to a single entry tourist visa at a place like Hcmc. They always insist of plane ticket into Thailand . I know they only do single entry,but, if they did multiple they would want to see another flight out/in Thailand in order to trigger subsequent entries. Don't know how that would be shown with border runners. Just my humble take on it.

That would mean that for a double entry you would need. Ticket INTO tThailand and also one return out and back in to trigger your second entry. You would not need to show a further ticket out of thailand befor visa expires.

Edited by jacksam