Changes to Tourist Visa Requirements At Consulate in Bali.

My opinion ... They are looking for "genuine tourists", and not for long term tourist visa residents.

These requirements are a way to try and differentiate.

Sent by carrier pigeon ...

one cannot be a resident on tourist visa

Some seem to manage to be effectively "Resident" as a result of using serial tourist visa!

• Like 1

My opinion ... They are looking for "genuine tourists", and not for long term tourist visa residents.

These requirements are a way to try and differentiate.

one cannot be a resident on tourist visa

Some seem to manage to be effectively "Resident" as a result of using serial tourist visa!

Not according to Thai law.

We are all aliens non immigrant non resident.

You included

res·i·dent/ˈrez(ə)dənt/

noun

A person who lives somewhere permanently or on a long-term basis.

adjective

Living somewhere on a long-term basis.

You should submit this definition to Thai Immigration, because Thai residency is certainly not define that way here.

• Like 1

res·i·dent/ˈrez(ə)dənt/

noun

adjective

Yep in the normal world, it's true.

In Thai immigration world however - which is what this forum is about- Thai residency is a huge pain in the backside to acquire.

And that's how Thai people see it, I did not make the rules.

Many people have acquired Permanent Residency, details are published in the Royal Gazette.

Only available to those legally working and paying tax on a good salary.

Ridiculous requirements.

1. Even with a flight ticket there is no way of enforcing someone to actually take that flight.

2. Same with accommodation. What, exactly, is being checked? That someone is not intending to sleep on the beach, or bar floors after passing out?

Maybe someone can say what the purpose is?

What are they trying to prevent?

How do they see this as being effective?

I think the idea is to select by money and make your 3 entries visa more expensive than the average border land visa run.

You dont have to use these tickets, but you certainly have to prove them you paid for it.

My post seems to have been zapped forthwith and sent into the land where deleted messages go.

Normally there is a message saying why, but not this time.

I don't think the requirement to show a ticket will deter anyone, nowadays a cheap one way ticket out of Thailand costs less than 2,000 Baht.

Arguably the THB 20,000 or USD 700 might prove something, but most people use ATM cards and don't carry cash or bank books around.

It is anachronistic thinking, just like the THB 20,000 (?) maximum value of goods you can bring in. An iPhone is already way above that.

The world has moved on, governments and officials just can't handle it.

Poor guys.

Reckoned they had a job for life counting beans, now there is a whole vegetable market at the door. And they just do not know what to do.

• Like 1

Ridiculous requirements.

1. Even with a flight ticket there is no way of enforcing someone to actually take that flight.

2. Same with accommodation. What, exactly, is being checked? That someone is not intending to sleep on the beach, or bar floors after passing out?

Maybe someone can say what the purpose is?

What are they trying to prevent?

How do they see this as being effective?

I think the idea is to select by money and make your 3 entries visa more expensive than the average border land visa run.

You dont have to use these tickets, but you certainly have to prove them you paid for it.

My post seems to have been zapped forthwith and sent into the land where deleted messages go.

Normally there is a message saying why, but not this time.

I don't think the requirement to show a ticket will deter anyone, nowadays a cheap one way ticket out of Thailand costs less than 2,000 Baht.

Arguably the THB 20,000 or USD 700 might prove something, but most people use ATM cards and don't carry cash or bank books around.

It is anachronistic thinking, just like the THB 20,000 (?) maximum value of goods you can bring in. An iPhone is already way above that.

The world has moved on, governments and officials just can't handle it.

Poor guys.

Reckoned they had a job for life counting beans, now there is a whole vegetable market at the door. And they just do not know what to do.

Depends.

If you live near a border, doing overland border run can be very cheap.

For funds, they don"t expect cash in hand but bank documents.

The 20k max value was (i think) to collect cash on duties, if you were over, you had to pay. (another made up rule to get tea money)

res·i·dent/ˈrez(ə)dənt/

noun

adjective

In Thai immigration world however - which is what this forum is about- Thai residency is a huge pain in the backside to acquire.

Many people have acquired Permanent Residency, details are published in the Royal Gazette.

yes not people bothered about new tourist or retirement visa rules

Just another reason for people to start going elsewhere. Eg: I applied for my Cambodian Evisa on Friday and received it on Saturday. No stupid hotel booking, no flight required. Much more foreign friendly than Thailand has become.

See Ya!!!!

If it was not for the food that would be tempting smile.png

res·i·dent/ˈrez(ə)dənt/

noun

adjective

yes not people bothered about new tourist or retirement visa rules

What "new" tourist visa rules are you talking about ?

There is no Retirement visa unless you mean an O/A visa which must be applied for in one's country of residence for which there has been no new rules.

I've recently aquired a single entry TR Visa in London, I have not as yet booked any flights but intend getting a one-way flight to BKK in the very near future (within 3 months of Visa date stamp), am I going to have a problem at Swampy without a 'follow-on flight, & if so will I be able to purchase a flight to Vientiane from there at the end of said Visa to get a follow-on Non-Imm O Visa?

I've recently aquired a single entry TR Visa in London, I have not as yet booked any flights but intend getting a one-way flight to BKK in the very near future (within 3 months of Visa date stamp), am I going to have a problem at Swampy without a 'follow-on flight, & if so will I be able to purchase a flight to Vientiane from there at the end of said Visa to get a follow-on Non-Imm O Visa?

You won't have a problem at all as you have a valid visa.

The only time you encounter problems is departing for Thailand on a one way ticket without a valid visa.

Edited by stoneyboy

You won't have a problem at all as you have a valid visa.

The only time you encounter problems is departing for Thailand on a one way ticket without a valid visa.

Thanks stoney, I can start to breath slowly again thumbsup.gif

On my last trip I did enter Thailand on a one-way ticket without a Visa, didn't have any problems at all, stayed for 11 months on Non-Imm O Visa's before flying out again wink.png

Edited by Jip66

This is so typical.....

A guy posted about how he had discovered the JACKPOT by being able

to score a Triple tourist visa in Bali and made it sound easy and almost fun..

Some one some where says we are going to have to crack down on the Bali consulate

for making the visa experience to easy and pleasant...

The great visa find then becomes bogged down in a lot of new rules and is no longer

a easy visa..

Wash dry repeat for the next easy visa find...

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 1

To reply this :

I need to see when exactly when you will leave the country by AIR. So the confirmed flight ticket is the must.

If you have personal reasons or anything, I suggest you to apply the visa at the Embassies since I have a limited authorize.

I issue visas only to applicants who has meets the requirement.

Again :

1 Photo (Passport size)

1 Copy of passport (Data page)

1 Confirmed fight ticket LEAVING Thailand (in English version)

1 Hotel Booking, Rental Contract or Sponsor Letter from your friend (with your friend's ID and a copy of house registration or rental contract that has your friend's name on it)

1 Bank Statement with minimum of $700 (per visa)

and the fee is Rp 560.000 per entry (Maximum 3 entries)

If you have all of this, it will take you 5 minutes to fill up the application and wait another 3 working days to collect it (Mon morning - Wed afternoon)

If you miss one of the required document, please contact the Embassies since I cannot help you.

I'm not the one who sets up the rules, I'm here to make sure you have the right information.

Some embassies, some consulates, they can compromise if you miss some documents.

But with these document set, you can apply a Thai Tourist visa anywhere without any problem.

One more thing, African countries and a highly-restricted countries can only apply at the embassies and consulate generals.

Ps. Ubonjoe, you wouldn't believe how far people can go to get a Tourist visa. Doctoring the ticket, Mailing a passport from another country, fake booking, one booking number for the whole group, fake a sponsor letter, submit a booking in languages I don't understand telling me it's confirmed and etc...

• Like 1

Hello, specially vongbali...

I will be in Denpasar soon to apply for a triple entry visa. I understand what i need to show. But about the bank statement, can i print an online one ? So with a triple entry it should be 2100 $ on the account right ?

One more question. If I apply on a friday morning, when can i expect to get my passeport back ?

Thank you very much for your help !

I will be in Denpasar soon to apply for a triple entry visa. I understand what i need to show. But about the bank statement, can i print an online one ? So with a triple entry it should be 2100 $ on the account right ?

One more question. If I apply on a friday morning, when can i expect to get my passeport back ?

Another question Re: the $700/$2100 funds, can somebody show it in cash (equivalent in Singapore Dollars)?

To reply this :

I need to see when exactly when you will leave the country by AIR. So the confirmed flight ticket is the must.

If you have personal reasons or anything, I suggest you to apply the visa at the Embassies since I have a limited authorize.

Again :

1 Photo (Passport size)

1 Hotel Booking, Rental Contract or Sponsor Letter from your friend (with your friend's ID and a copy of house registration or rental contract that has your friend's name on it)

If you have all of this, it will take you 5 minutes to fill up the application and wait another 3 working days to collect it (Mon morning - Wed afternoon)

If you miss one of the required document, please contact the Embassies since I cannot help you.

I'm not the one who sets up the rules, I'm here to make sure you have the right information.

Some embassies, some consulates, they can compromise if you miss some documents.

But with these document set, you can apply a Thai Tourist visa anywhere without any problem.

One more thing, African countries and a highly-restricted countries can only apply at the embassies and consulate generals.

Ps. Ubonjoe, you wouldn't believe how far people can go to get a Tourist visa. Doctoring the ticket, Mailing a passport from another country, fake booking, one booking number for the whole group, fake a sponsor letter, submit a booking in languages I don't understand telling me it's confirmed and etc...

Thank you Vongbali for this additional information.

I will be applying for a tourist visa soon and have a couple follow-up questions:

Regarding the flight tickets, can you please confirm my understanding that only a one-way air ticket leaving Thailand as you mention (and not a round trip ticket) for each entry is acceptable?

In respect to the rental contract, I have an open-ended monthly rental contract beginning 1 September 2015 (which continues on a monthly basis until written notice of termination is provided). Please confirm this would be acceptable?

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Only $700 would be enough.

To reply this :

Again :

1 Photo (Passport size)

I will be applying for a tourist visa soon and have a couple follow-up questions:

Regarding the flight tickets, can you please confirm my understanding that only a one-way air ticket leaving Thailand as you mention (and not a round trip ticket) for each entry is acceptable?

In respect to the rental contract, I have an open-ended monthly rental contract beginning 1 September 2015 (which continues on a monthly basis until written notice of termination is provided). Please confirm this would be acceptable?

One-way leaving should do it since I don't mind how you will enter Thailand.

As long as the contract has your name on it, it would be ok.

To reply this :

Again :

1 Photo (Passport size)

One-way leaving should do it since I don't mind how you will enter Thailand.

As long as the contract has your name on it, it would be ok.

Thanks Vongbali for your quick response. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Hello, Vongbali!

Can I present a "Printscreen" from my Internet-bank, where it is shown my payment of tickets? Will it be enough for confirmation of my paid ticket?

If only my husband has a Bank statement, will it be enough for our visas to show only one Bank statement with 1400$ for our family?

Thank you.

All the e-tickets I have gotten are an itinerary and receipt.

On the one I have for a trip next weekend it says total paid at the bottom. At the top it has itinerary/receipt.

Edit: I just looked at another one from earlier this year and the sent me a separate receipt.

• Like 1