Deleting Programs.

ChiangMaiThai

I want to delete a program I recently downloaded. When I go to control panel (XP) and then click on 'add or remove programs' there's the list of all my programs, but this one isn't there. Does anyone have any idea why?

It seems that it is in 'Program Files', but its not on the list of programs I can remove.

So how do I remove it from my machine then? Just clicking the icon and clicking delete doesn't actually remove the program. Sorry if this is an obvious question. I'm obviously not a computer person.

Guess they don't want you to uninstall it. :o If you click the program group in your start menu there might be an uninstall option. If not go to the target program group (folder where program is located) and search for an uninstall or text file that might give you instructions. Those with more knowledge should be able to provide additional methods if still unable to get rid of it.

Right click on the icon in your program group and choose "Properties".

When the window opens, click on "Find Target". This will open the program folder containing your errant programme. There might be an uninstall icon in that folder. If so, you are in luck. If not, you can try selecting and deleting all relevant icons, but this may cause problems down the line.

In future, running XP, always create a "Restore Point" before you install any new programme. It makes it so much easier to get out of a future mess!!

If this does not work, drop in & have a face to face chat :o

Good luck. :D

Download and run this first; It's tiny, only 26KB.My Uninstaller

supplied courtesy of Nir Sofer

Once downloaded, unzip and run. The program you write of, should be listed. Click on it and then press Ctrl + U to uninstall it.

McAfee Uninstaller

You can also use the Uninstaller to monitor any future program downloads. You will then be able to completely remove the program via the Uninstaller.