Gift Shop owner beaten up and told to stop trading in North Pattaya

webfact

Gift Shop owner beaten up and told to stop trading in North Pattaya

shop-3.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- “Turf Wars” in relation to Gift Shops attracting Chinese Tour Groups appear to be intensifying in North Pattaya following the assault of a shop owner who was told to stop trading or his “safety cannot be guaranteed”

Police were called to the Gift Shop located in Soi 17 off the Naklua Road late on Saturday Night and met with the apprehensive and slightly injured owner, Khun Gitishai aged 47. He sustained an injury to his left hand and bruising to his upper body following the assault by an unknown Thai man who was also armed with a gun.

The owner told Police that all appeared normal on Saturday Night as a large group of Chinese Tourists were brought to his shop and sales for the day were good. As a large tour group were looking at items in his shop the owner noticed a tall Thai man who kept staring at him.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218236/gift-shop-owner-beaten-up-and-told-to-stop-trading-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-09-28

Had a gift shop my self about 3 years ago near the same place, happy to not have it any more now. Brother came to say hello to me from UK for 3 days, on second day, as he had to walk throw the shop to get into my house, he got arrested for not having a work permit, as he talked to me in the shop...... Someone had been spying on us waiting for a way to get us into problems, better than getting attacked.

noticed a tall Thai man who kept staring at him.

My first thought...the "hired gun" wears a uniform during his day job...

Thailand today is reminiscent of the gangster era in the US...

Where is the Thai FBI when we need them?

...scary times indeed...the world over.

Refugees over running Europe. Homeless people wandering aimless and broke in USA.

Sleeping wherever. As temps turn cold for North America....hoards of homeless will be heading for the "warm states" in USA: California, Nevada, Arizonaand Florida. Toss in southern Texas as well.

If pensions, jobs and income streams are in jeopardy in UK, Europe, USA, Oz, etc...

no wonder the low season in muang are tough.

The real question remains: "...what type of high season is in store for Pattaya and Thailand in general?"

Anyone have a crystal ball?

Don't Thai understand the concept of competition? Open a shop next to him, sell similar items, put some great bargains, Chinese signs, hire a Chinese staff and pull them in. Sure this Chinese likely has some sort of deal with those tour operators but those people inside the bus don't or am I completely off here?

Of course, a lot of shops pay a per person commission (and that's regardless of whether the tourists buy anything or not). I've seen this set up from small gift shops, restaurants of all sizes, and even that big World Gems place does this.

...scary times indeed...the world over.

Refugees over running Europe. Homeless people wandering aimless and broke in USA.

Sleeping wherever. As temps turn cold for North America....hoards of homeless will be heading for the "warm states" in USA: California, Nevada, Arizonaand Florida. Toss in southern Texas as well.

If pensions, jobs and income streams are in jeopardy in UK, Europe, USA, Oz, etc...

no wonder the low season in muang are tough.

The real question remains: "...what type of high season is in store for Pattaya and Thailand in general?"

Anyone have a crystal ball?

Yes my crystal ball sees millions of Chinese tourists lining up in queues to visit Pattaya during high season, the buses take them to their flag leader who will take them to the nearest go go bar to watch a "free" show and then it's back to their 300 baht room to relax. Next morning the bus will take them to Buddha hill and floating market.

Next day rinse and repeat.