Prayut must be judged by Thais, not outsiders

webfact

"Prayut must be judged by Thais, not outsiders"

So have an election then and see how he gets on??

He won't "get on" at all. At election time he won't be standing, candidates from political parties will be up for election.

Are you sure ? What's to stop him forming his own party and standing ?

Nothing stopping him doing that, obviously, but I'm pretty certain he won't. Have you any reason to suggest he will? We'll have to wait and see if I'm right, won't we?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have an election right now then the riots/shootings/bombings will start all over again. Is that what you like? I don't.

If BKK becomes a warzone again i will leave thailand and many other people as well. Investors will pull out, tourists won't come and Thailand will sink in a hole.

It will cost jobs, have casualty's and the whole economy will melt, also outside BKK.

Most of what you said never happened the last time so what makes you think it will happen again. I don't know of any people leaving Thailand last time. No investors pulled out. Their are casulties everyday in Thailand be it in the north,south,east or west. The economy only melted after the coup. And Thailand has 0% unemployment (according to Thailand.)

Sorry I have no intention or wish to flame you my friend as that is not my way as I accept other folk's views, even if I believe they are very wrong. However I have to say that our statement is as daft and ignorant as those hegemonic imbeciles in Washington, and indeed London and Berlin and other US vassal nations too, who have clearly no real knowledge and understanding of the situation here and should thus maybe simply mind their own bloody business until they do. Why do we want a return to the turmoil and near civil war we had before ?? As that is exactly what would happen if we had elections now under the flawed FPTP based electoral system that was in place here before ?? Please get real on that score as we should all know that it is exactly the truth on this score.

Be patient as elections WILL come when the time is right and when Thailand has a constitution in place that in future does NOT allow minority elected Governments to prevail, which clearly and understandably cannot gain the respect, recognition and acceptance by the majority of the Thai people. In Democracy the minority must NEVER prevail or it simply isn't democracy, and there can be no valid arguments acceptable on that point. Democracy WILL return here but only once they have an agreed new sound constitution in place. If, as it seems, they are proposing to go down the path of a German style PR electoral system, then maybe Thailand can at last have TRUE democracy, where the majority will reigns supreme. If that results in a coalition Government, then that would only be if that is how the people voted, and as such the participating coalition parties simply HAVE to agree on consensus policies overall acceptable to both sides involved, and that would importantly imply acceptable by the majority of the Thai people. Sure the excesses of either side cannot then prevail and neither should they of course. Now that IS TRUE democracy.

Once again I repeat that Proportional Representation (PR), or at least AV as they have in Australia, is the only way to true majority will democracy, which they clearly do not have in so many corrupt places like the USA and UK. You can see the distorted and democratically wrong results when you look at the UK election earlier this year, when Cameron and his right wing Tories attained just 36.7% of the popular vote, and yet disgustingly and unacceptably got into exclusive power control of the UK Government with a small but workable overall majority of just 8 seats in the house. You have to realise that this is despite 62.3% of the people not wanting his right wing Tory crap to prevail unopposed, as such personally I do not recognise the current UK Government at all as that is worse than the temporary and needed so called dictatorship here which probably has more percentage people support than the UK Government does!

So once again, we must all wait patiently until we have the new constitution in place and accepted by referendum, then and ONLY then will it be correct and intelligent to return Thailand to democracy. Prayut is intelligent and sensible enough to know that, so maybe the Thai people should all put their efforts into helping him achieve that honourable aim, with the final referendum acceptance by the Thai people. In the mean time I personally think Prayut is doing a great job overall, despite a few very necessary temporary controls. To me Thailand has right now the best stability and governance I have seen since I arrived here to live in 2003, and I truly mean that too. Whatever, my personal, and I am sure the majority Thai folk's wish, is for the Thai people to truly get the Government that they elect by a TRUE DEMOCRATIC majority will, or if that is how the people vote then a consensus coalition Government which should also then be acceptable as it will still respect the overall majority will. But please no more 500 Baht vote buying and other such electoral corruptions, which IMHO the guilty should be heavily punished by long jail sentences, as electoral corruption is inexcusable in a democracy.

Edited by rayw

Sorry I have no intention or wish to flame you my friend as that is not my way as I accept other folk's views, even if I believe they are very wrong. However I have to say that our statement is as daft and ignorant as those hegemonic imbeciles in Washington, and indeed London and Berlin and other US vassal nations too, who have clearly no real knowledge and understanding of the situation here and should thus maybe simply mind their own bloody business until they do. Why do we want a return to the turmoil and near civil war we had before ?? As that is exactly what would happen if we had elections now under the flawed FPTP based electoral system that was in place here before ?? Please get real on that score as we should all know that it is exactly the truth on this score.

Be patient as elections WILL come when the time is right and when Thailand has a constitution in place that in future does NOT allow minority elected Governments to prevail, which clearly and understandably cannot gain the respect, recognition and acceptance by the majority of the Thai people. In Democracy the minority must NEVER prevail or it simply isn't democracy, and there can be no valid arguments acceptable on that point. Democracy WILL return here but only once they have an agreed new sound constitution in place. If, as it seems, they are proposing to go down the path of a German style PR electoral system, then maybe Thailand can at last have TRUE democracy, where the majority will reigns supreme. If that results in a coalition Government, then that would only be if that is how the people voted, and as such the participating coalition parties simply HAVE to agree on consensus policies overall acceptable to both sides involved, and that would importantly imply acceptable by the majority of the Thai people. Sure the excesses of either side cannot then prevail and neither should they of course. Now that IS TRUE democracy.

Once again I repeat that Proportional Representation (PR), or at least AV as they have in Australia, is the only way to true majority will democracy, which they clearly do not have in so many corrupt places like the USA and UK. You can see the distorted and democratically wrong results when you look at the UK election earlier this year, when Cameron and his right wing Tories attained just 36.7% of the popular vote, and yet disgustingly and unacceptably got into exclusive power control of the UK Government with a small but workable overall majority of just 8 seats in the house. You have to realise that this is despite 62.3% of the people not wanting his right wing Tory crap to prevail unopposed, as such personally I do not recognise the current UK Government at all as that is worse than the temporary and needed so called dictatorship here which probably has more percentage people support than the UK Government does!

So once again, we must all wait patiently until we have the new constitution in place and accepted by referendum, then and ONLY then will it be correct and intelligent to return Thailand to democracy. Prayut is intelligent and sensible enough to know that, so maybe the Thai people should all put their efforts into helping him achieve that honourable aim, with the final referendum acceptance by the Thai people. In the mean time I personally think Prayut is doing a great job overall, despite a few very necessary temporary controls. To me Thailand has right now the best stability and governance I have seen since I arrived here to live in 2003, and I truly mean that too. Whatever, my personal, and I am sure the majority Thai folk's wish, is for the Thai people to truly get the Government that they elect by a TRUE DEMOCRATIC majority will, or if that is how the people vote then a consensus coalition Government which should also then be acceptable as it will still respect the overall majority will. But please no more 500 Baht vote buying and other such electoral corruptions, which IMHO the guilty should be heavily punished by long jail sentences, as electoral corruption is inexcusable in a democracy.

Elections and the charade of Thai democracy are irrelevant. The rich and powerful will not allow any changes to 0.1% of the population controlling more than 50% of Thailand's wealth.

America gave you your infrastructure and pretty much everything you have that your neighbours don't have. Thailand you have nothing to show for yourselves. You're seen as unprofessional, lazy, lying cheats with emotional problems who are incapable of making it to adulthood.

You don't want our "judgement"? Well you're going to get it. As to money, English, expertise... you don't deserve anything more than to fail on every level.

Couldn't have said it better... Thailand, the spoilt pampered fat kid of South East Asia.

You want to join the country club (The UN) you will have to be judged by your peers and superiors. Deal with it or leave politics as it isn't for you.

The UN is a country club ? Yah the UN is something but I wounldn't call it a country club !! Have you ever read or seen what go's on when the UN have their so called "PEACE KEEPERS" deployed in a country that their suppose to be helping. I for one don't give a shit what the UN has to say as their the God Farther of corruption, If you don't think so do some research on the good old UN !!! you'll find it's an eye opener.

That's just my opinion thumbsup.gif

Elections and the charade of Thai democracy are irrelevant. The rich and powerful will not allow any changes to 0.1% of the population controlling more than 50% of Thailand's wealth.

You are probably dead right there khunianb as that is certainly what it is like in the USA and UK to name but two. At least with a PR or even second best AV electoral system, that has far less chance of happening as the peoples will prevails and no longer minority elected Governments which simply feeds the whim of the 1% corrupt and pond life elite.

History will judge most of the worlds leaders after the fact. History may be written by the winners , as many say but the facts

are on record as are the actions taken and measures which failed and /or were successful thus leading to their being seen as complete flops, incompentents, mentally deranged, brillant, honest, or whatever.

Thai history and what is passed on to following generations does seem much more compromised than the assestment of past world leaders in the real world's countries, recorded /taught history..

Despite all of the differing opinions posted to this forum, at the end of the day, the "coup" issue (that has not affected my "foreign guest" visa-status) is strictly the business of the THAI people. Periodcoffee1.gif

At the end of the day, Thailand is part of the global - community (although they think, they are somehow above), with thousands of foreign workers and companies (eg. foreign money) in Thailand!

I think, if you don't want foreigners to judge you, try not to mingle with them!

Close down the borders, concentrate 100% on domestic tourism, sell your rice in Thailand, buildt your own cars and watch the Thai- Premierleagues, exclusively!

Bye bye, ManU!

As usual, the foreign armchair democrats know what is best for Thailand bah.gif

Why are westerners so sure that a western style democracy is the right choice for Thailand? Very few Asian nations have implemented that successfully, and often at the cost of losing parts of their own traditions.

Prayut himself complained that his government was "provoked" to take tough action against political dissents so he would look bad at the UN.

Not provoked but ordered!

Prayut is the victim. He didn't want the job. His love of the Thai People forced him to act.

Etc.

Personally, I both applaud and respect Gen. Prayut, for having the "guts" to stand-up against the establishment, in defense of the common Thai people, the way he didclap2.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

As usual, the foreign armchair democrats know what is best for Thailand

Why are westerners so sure that a western style democracy is the right choice for Thailand? Very few Asian nations have implemented that successfully, and often at the cost of losing parts of their own traditions.

Oh. I guess many "western" countries have implemented these "western" democratic- ideas and lost some of their own traditions...like witch- hunts and lynching and kangaroo- courts and feudal- systems, that keep "the poor" in place and let the elite run amok!

Oh, those were the days! coffee1.gif

Because most westerners are arrogant/ignorant (bipolar) religious believers in the very systems, that they (themselves) now refuse to live under. Democracy no longer exists, even in the U.S., if the truth be told. The Patriot Act brought an end to that American Dream. So, the farang armchair democrats (as you call them) have got nothing better to do with their empty LOS lives, than to sit in their armchair pretentious "high-horses", while passing judgement against a man (Gen. Prayuth) who had balls enough to STAND-UP for his people. Just ignore the armchair crowd, and give Gen.Prayuth Chan-o-cha the stand-up salute that he deserves. For whatever the right or wrong of it may be (according to Thai people, only), nobody's perfect, but at least the Thai rice farmers have been finally paid (with interest) the money they honestly earned, thanks to Gen.Prayuth and his constituencycoffee1.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

As usual, the foreign armchair democrats know what is best for Thailand

Oh. I guess many "western" countries have implemented these "western" democratic- ideas and lost some of their own traditions...like witch- hunts and lynching and kangaroo- courts and feudal- systems, that keep "the poor" in place and let the elite run amok!

Oh, those were the days! coffee1.gif

Get a clue dude!

https://youtu.be/dJe1iUuAW4M

He should stop interrupting my English pay TV subscription service on a Friday night if that is the case.

Thats nonsense you're spouting, and you know it.

Are you trying to set a new record for number of troll posts in one day??

Because most westerners are arrogant/ignorant (bipolar) religious believers in the very systems, that they (themselves) now refuse to live under. Democracy no longer exists, even in the U.S., if the truth be told. The Patriot Act brought an end to that American Dream. So, the farang armchair democrats (as you call them) have got nothing better to do with their empty LOS lives, than to sit in their armchair pretentious "high-horses", while passing judgement against a man (Gen. Prayuth) who had balls enough to STAND-UP for his people. Just ignore the armchair crowd, and give Gen.Prayuth Chan-o-cha the stand-up salute that he deserves. For whatever the right or wrong of it may be (according to Thai people, only), nobody's perfect, but at least the Thai rice farmers have been finally paid (with interest) the money they honestly earned, thanks to Gen.Prayuth and his constituencycoffee1.gif

Do you actually believe your own drivel that you write?

Stand up for the people? He is the puppet for his side of the elite just like Yingluck was for her brother.

So Thais must live under repressive military juntas because it is 'traditional?' should the UK and other European nations go back to living under kings and queens to then? Good grief!

Well they aren't allowed to judge him and even Thais judging him from afar are the subject of extradition requests. What a joke of an article.

If I criticize the U.S. government, in anyway, shape or form, my phones will be tapped, my Thai home will be burglarized (to install audio/visual surveillance devices), Citizen Services @ the U.S. Embassy will stop sending me email notifications, etc.Thats the way of ALL governments, even your's. Gen. Prayuth has performed for his people. Period! So what other "significant" point, do you have to make? Huh? whistling.gif

Well they aren't allowed to judge him and even Thais judging him from afar are the subject of extradition requests. What a joke of an article.

If I criticize the U.S. government, in anyway, shape or form, my phones will be tapped, my Thai home will be burglarized (to install audio/visual surveillance devices), Citizen Services @ the U.S. Embassy will stop sending me email notifications, etc.Thats the way of ALL governments, even your's. Gen. Prayuth has performed for his people. Period! So what other "significant" point, do you have to make? Huh? whistling.gif

Ok. I believe my government (the UK) in collusion with the US government lied to the world about Suddam Hussien having WMD'S are a pre-text to a war for oil. By doing this they have had a huge hand in the current mess with middle east is in with ISIS. I am saying that openly here on the internet and I could do so in the UK and openly protest in public should I choose to.

I am now sitting here waiting for MI6 to come and 'burglarize' my home. Are you for real? I know and complain about the actions of the British government as they deserve it. I know I can also do it without fear of being locked up or receiving 'attitude' adjustment. Can the Thai people really say the same thing?

Oh and what has the general performed exactly? Please give me a comprehensive list of 30 things. Ending the protests doesn't count as he was colluding with the PDRC in making them. I look forward to your list.

Do you actually believe your own drivel that you write?

Stand up for the people? He is the puppet for his side of the elite just like Yingluck was for her brother.

So Thais must live under repressive military juntas because it is 'traditional?' should the UK and other European nations go back to living under kings and queens to then? Good grief!

If you are a foreigner, like me, then what do you care, one-way, or another?. I'm just writing the opinions of the Thai people whom I personally know. Nothing more than that. So, call it drivel, if that makes you feel better about your "own" opinions. God Bless you! However, if you are not a Thai citizen, then the issue is really none of your business, or mine, to use as an excuse for launching insults at another poster. You poor baby. Its a purely an academic debate, dude. Right, good grief, as you wrote. You're the one who needs to really chill out, whistling.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

He can be judged by Thais, but he's a world leader, and like all world leaders, he's a lightening rod for opinion from both inside and outside the Thai borders.

Can't handle the heat? Don't volunteer to tend to the fire.

He should stop interrupting my English pay TV subscription service on a Friday night if that is the case.

Thats nonsense you're spouting, and you know it.
Are you trying to set a new record for number of troll posts in one day??

It's called a sense of humour,making light of a bad situation.