Thai police officially confirm main suspects carried out Bangkok bombing

Jonathan Fairfield

Suspect confirmed Bangkok blast culprits

BANGKOK, 28 September 2015 (NNT) – The two suspects apprehended in connection with the Bangkok bombing incident are confirmed to be responsible, with sufficient evidence to take action with the perpetrator's entire network, police officials say.

The Deputy Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Chaktip Chaichinda today revealed that the police have confirmed that the two captured suspects, Adem Karadag and Yusufu Mieraili, are proven to be involved with the incident, as clear evidence supports the allegation.

He has said that the police will make an official announcement today regarding the investigation procedures which led to the issuance of 17 arrest warrants, suspect confessions, and the re-enactments of the incident.

The Police Deputy Commissioner-General has stressed that one of the suspect, Abdullah Abdulrahman or Izan, currently on the run outside of Thailand, is regarded as the mastermind of the incident. The tragic incident was planned in response to the authority’s suppression of international human trafficking activities and illegal migration.

The Royal Thai Police is now working to track the remaining suspects who are believed to be residing in foreign countries through diplomatic channels and via the international police network, the Police Deputy Commissioner-General has said.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-28 footer_n.gif

It seems to me that they have solid evidence against these two. With all the broken cameras and history of corruption to overcome the police have impressed me with being able to locate and capture a couple of the main participants.

I'm sure I'm in a minority though so let the Thai-bashing, second-guessing and sh1t-talking begin...

The Deputy Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Chaktip Chaichinda today revealed that the police have confirmed that the two captured suspects, Adem Karadag and Yusufu Mieraili, are proven to be involved with the incident, as clear evidence supports the allegation.

The deputy Commissioner-General is getting a little ahead of himself, it is the role of the courts to ascertain the veracity proof. The 2 suspects are alleged to have performed the deed until the court has accepted the proof.

BUT WAS THE CONFESSIONS MADE AFTER TORTURE TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE THAI POLICE ARE DOING THERE JOB RIGHT,IF IT WAS VERBAL UNDER NO PRESSURE IT WOULD BE A FIRST FOR THE THAI POLICE.it seems to me theses two never had enough money to put into a brown envelope to get off,just like many here do.

Thailand's hunt for main Bangkok bombing suspect ends

Thailand’s search for the main suspect behind a deadly bombing in central Bangkok has concluded, police said on Monday.

By Panu Wongcha-um, Channel NewsAsia

post-137452-0-19266400-1443430248_thumb.

Thai police releases sketches linking the main suspect of a deadly bombing in central Bangkok on August 17, 2015 to Bilal Muhammad. (Photo: Thai police)

BANGKOK: The hunt for the main suspect linked to a fatal bombing that killed 20 people and injured more than 100 in the Thai capital on Aug 17 has concluded, police announced Monday (Sep 28).

The search came to an end with a confession of Bilal Muhammad, also known as Adem Karadag, a foreign male arrested in connection with a weeks-long probe into the deadly blast at Bangkok’s popular Erawan Shrine.

Since the attack, Thai police have interviewed more than 200 witnesses and reviewed footage from security cameras. They have also found at the shrine ball bearings and pieces of a damaged bag believed to have carried the bomb.

As for the second bomb attack that rocked the Sathorn Pier on Aug 18, police have interviewed 30 witnesses and reviewed footage captured by CCTV cameras near the explosion scene. Parts of the detonator was also found.

The connection to human trafficking, just does not convince me!

There is little publicity given to human trafficking networks being smashed.

I trust they will produce a credible flow chart of the links between HT networks and the bombers.

This is another cover up by the bumbling cops. Thai cops couldn't solve their way out of paper bag.

The connection to human trafficking, just does not convince me!

There is little publicity given to human trafficking networks being smashed.

I trust they will produce a credible flow chart of the links between HT networks and the bombers.

This is another cover up by the bumbling cops. Thai cops couldn't solve their way out of paper bag.

They sure are good at finding the contents of paper bags.

So...the guy, they caught first...the one given up by his landlord...the guy who was not the bomber, but merely related to a group, that carried out the bombing...is now the bomber and it is confirmed and there are 35 more arrest warrants....I guess, there was condom and a cigarette- bud with DNA found somewhere nearby!

I will never ever believe anything, these RTP- "experts" tell me!

I will agree with the police except in the matter of motive. This, i think, was an act of terror due to the Uihgur situation but they can't say that, better a one of occurrence due to a criminal organization which doesn't make sense,there is no profit in laying a bomb and these traffickers are in it for the money, if they would react at all they would tend to bribe and in Thailand that would fall on fertile ground. You bomb out of hate and the desire for revenge it's emotional not rational

So tell me, exactly how do you torture someone so they show up on video cameras wearing a yellow shirt, wig and glasses and a blue plastic with a blue shirt in it walking into a toilet and then walking out wearing a blue shirt with the wig, glasses and a yellow shirt in the same blue bag? Retroactively, supernaturally?

BUT WAS THE CONFESSIONS MADE AFTER TORTURE TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE THAI POLICE ARE DOING THERE JOB RIGHT,IF IT WAS VERBAL UNDER NO PRESSURE IT WOULD BE A FIRST FOR THE THAI POLICE.it seems to me theses two never had enough money to put into a brown envelope to get off,just like many here do.

It seems to me that they have solid evidence against these two. With all the broken cameras and history of corruption to overcome the police have impressed me with being able to locate and capture a couple of the main participants.

I'm sure I'm in a minority though so let the Thai-bashing, second-guessing and sh1t-talking begin...

Ah yes GUILTY already I see in your eyes, bash bash bash

The RTP creates so many dead end rabbit trails that are widely publicized at their own behest. This creates and illustrates an atmosphere of incompetence and disorganization. What happened to the DNA on the 20 baht note, etc. How is it that a crime of such major proportions does not have a team of officers responsible for the entire investigation? One team reviewing all possible evidence - to include CCTV tapes, telephone records, etc. Why is it that a crime of such major proportions doesn't result in the request for assistance from other major law enforcement agencies outside of Thailand? If these two men are the culprits, I'm sure there is sufficient technology available to confirm this through enhanced facial recognition procedures. Pride or prejudice? Instead, these two individuals are detained, put into 'special' prisons, allegedly confess, and are put through the usual crime re-enactment charade.

How is it that a man who says he wants to reform Thailand and reduce and/or eliminate corruption will allow draconian system of justice with no due process rights for those charged with crimes? Military courts are nothing more that a political pogrom to clamp down on dissent and railroad those who would object. We will never know whether the two persons charged with these crimes are guilty or not because there is no transparency in the Thai system of justice and inadequate protection for individuals charged with crimes. In the meantime, there will be more press conferences with a myriad of rabbit trails, new suspects and motives. And maybe another reward for good police work??

What is said about the Thai police and the bonuses they have been giving themselves is only in the foreign press. YES The Thai police have given to the Thai police a reward. Two times now, 74.000-- Euro times 2. For solving this case !

No wonder our great leader whats a great firewall !

I don't think Thailand will ever grow up and I might just get deported just for saying this.

The deputy Commissioner-General is getting a little ahead of himself, it is the role of the courts to ascertain the veracity proof. The 2 suspects are alleged to have performed the deed until the court has accepted the proof.

The Court will reach the necessary verdict

I will agree with the police except in the matter of motive. This, i think, was an act of terror due to the Uihgur situation but they can't say that, better a one of occurrence due to a criminal organization which doesn't make sense,there is no profit in laying a bomb and these traffickers are in it for the money, if they would react at all they would tend to bribe and in Thailand that would fall on fertile ground. You bomb out of hate and the desire for revenge it's emotional not rational

Yes. If the bombers were exacting revenge for the police cracking down on Human Trafficking cells, then why wasn't the the target a police establishment? Maybe the accused will be asked to sign a confession confirming they aren't terrorists, just disgruntled illegal movers of people

In the British press today there is an article whereby in Germany,a man confessed to the murder of a teen aged girl who had disappeared. She has just been found alive and kicking after 31 years. This supports the opinion that confessions should be treated as unreliable.

You were right, I counted only 1 post after yours that were not Thai bashing .

The news reported the main guys escaped. Now Thailand has to show they solved the crime ASAP. I think they are still not calling this terrorism. I'm sure they want this out of the papers but the Chinese know their Thai counterparts are inept and didn't solve this. Chinese are many things negative but are an intelligent people.

Once again...a story pack full of lies. This is the second man, they were sure of and paraded around the crime scene. The evidence is questionable as well. I'm not sure of any of this, other than look whose in charge and whose the countries biggest traffickers. I find this whole circus, disgusting. My opinion means jack anyway, I'm just a guest.

I wouldn't call it Thai bashing, I would refer to it as a justifiable scathing critique of the incomprehensible actions of the RTP.

I wouldn't call it Thai bashing, I would refer to it as a justifiable scathing critique of the incomprehensible actions of the RTP.

I concur. Thai bashing would be based on racial motivation. Criticism that is warranted or justified based on incompetence or corruption is not bashing. Unfortunately, there is no free press in Thailand and criticism by Thais against their own government and law enforcement personnel is muted. For those that dare to criticize, a 'readjustment' session is promptly 'scheduled'. Free speech, freedom of association, freedom of information, and the rule of law are being quashed in Thailand. Such rights foster accountability by those who have the power to govern. Unfortunately, those in power have no accountability -- and amnesty to boot!

In the British press today there is an article whereby in Germany,a man confessed to the murder of a teen aged girl who had disappeared. She has just been found alive and kicking after 31 years. This supports the opinion that confessions should be treated as unreliable.

He retracted his confession soon after and wasn't prosecuted.

Nowhere did I say "guilty", they've collected a lot of evidence and seem to have captured at least one of two of the people involved.

There are a lot of eyes on this, 20 innocent civilians were murdered and scores more injured in a terrorist attack, there's a lot of pressure on the prosecuting attorney to make sure the trail is fair and conducted properly, the last thing they need it to have a guilty person get away on a technicality, or to be exposed as convicting an innocent person just for show or to collect a reward if one of those arrested and tried are innocent.

Yeah the Thai cops were corrupt, I'm sure many of them sure are but things are changing here for the better. A couple years ago I didn't go a month without being stopped by a Thai cop his his hand out. Driving too fast, when I wasn't. Not supposed to be on a road on my motorcycle, as scores of scooters and motorcycles drove past, neighborhood cops wanting payoffs, tourist police wanting money to grease the wheels to get their job done.

Coincidence or not but since the junta took over and started cracking down on corruption I have not been asked for one satang by the cops. I got pulled over with a bunch of scooter drivers who were driving without helmets or headlights and after I stopped did they try to fleece the farang on the million baht motorcycle? No, they waved me off and told me to drive on. I probably had more cash on me then all the teenagers combined and the cops could have easily made up some bs and threatened to take my license and tell me to collect it in a week at the police station and ask me money not to do it, like they used to, but they didn't.

I don't know where all these Debby-Downers here whining about the cops live, or if they even live in Thailand anymore but in Ubon, things have changed big time with the cops here since the coup. My wife works in the government here and she'd saying the same thing. A lot of long-time government big-shots have been canned and some are facing jail time for corruption. That wouldn't have happened a few years ago.

They're making progress, they're making improvements. A lot more than I can say for these arm-chair quarterback at TV who only have recycled insults and negativity to contribute.

Ah yes GUILTY already I see in your eyes, bash bash bash