Thepprasit water outages - again!

Guderian

In late 2013/early 2014 we had around four months of pretty much continuous water outage in various soi's along Thepprasit. This was due to the PWA replacing the very old water main that supplies this area of town from Sattahip. If you drove south along Sukhumvit at that time you could see the new, large-diameter, black pipe that they were using to replace the old concrete water main. Since around March 2014 the water supply's been excellent, but around 5 or 6 weeks ago out it went again for about two weeks. To judge by the number of water tankers driving around the place this was a pretty widespread problem. The water's been out much of the time for the last two weeks as well. I'll bet the new people who just moved into a house down the road weren't amused when they had to order a tanker of water about 3 or 4 days after the city had suffered its worst floods since 2011.

Anyway, I was driving along Thepprasit soi 17 yesterday and noticed that on the side of the road they have laid lengths of similar black pipe to that used to replace the water main along Sukhumvit. So I think what may be happening is that they are extending the new water supply from Sattahip to some of the new mega-condos being built east of Jomtien Second Road, While they are doing this they evidently have to cut the supply to the whole area which probably explains why we are getting extended water outages again. I've no idea why they have to cut everyone off, but that's what seems to happen.

Does anybody know if I'm right here, or have any other information about what's going on? It's kind of annoying to be in the middle of the rainy season and only have limited water supply.