Dust Sheets

BaldPlumber

Had to look it up to be sure same as US drop cloth. Most seem to use the green or blue plastic tarp they use to cover plants and trucks. Very stiff but works for them.

While they work they are not ideal because they don't soak up the paint like a dust sheet,especially if in the case of the op you are painting ceilings,you tend to cart the paint around more causing more mess than usual,also when the paint eventually dries on a tarp it tends to flake off causing more hassle. Edited by stoneyboy

Dust sheets is one of their many deficiencies. they do have them; as I bought one two years ago from Global. the thing is they are plastic, the thinnest clear plastic you can imagine, they are so light you cannot put them along a wall edge straight and as others have remarked, they simply collect paint splashes which never dry.

in the end on my job it was better to have a bowlof water and a sponge at the ready and wipe up every ten minutes or so.

completely agree to go to the market; the haberdashery places with a million rolls of disgusting cheap material at 20bt a metre; in truth its only fit for drop sheets but thats the best bet.

Normally material is a set width and sold by the meter length (if I recall correctly).

You just dont want to admit on a boys forum that only last month you went to buy curtain material for your house.

Material comes in 48 and 54in width generally and 60if you are lucky.

And its dirt cheap.