Slow internet the last couple of days

thailauren

TOT is definitely getting worse - out from 9pm until I went to sleep around 1.30am last night, on and off again all day today, I've lost connection 5 times since 6.15am. Not very long each time, but a nuisance.

When mine goes off it's everything - FTP, torrents, HTML and VoIP. This is a week now that I know of, possibly another week before that; I hope they get it sorted out soon.

My True has been doing that to me for about a week Only once a day now and not for long. I was in there the other day and they told me it was in Bangkok. It all started about a week and a half ago after a big storm. Seems to be getting better every day.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We tried to upgrade TOT recently to 25Mbps I think. Two guys came, weapon in hands their smartphones with speedtest. They had no laptop. Tried to mess up my router. I got angry. They found a router in their car. Still only smartphones. Wife angry about me, gave them her lappy. The messed up the company VPN settings. I more angry. The idiots still measuring with their phones that there is no change. Finally someone in the NOC could remotely reconfigure the fiber modem and suddenly, smiles in their faces. Speedtest went up.

Result, <deleted> up cabling as I had to reconnect, lappy from wife need serious reconfiguration.

Complete bunch of idiots. Useless. The NOC does such things.

My TOT is terrible, I'm using Windows and I happened to notice in the System Event Log there are messages like

"Name resolution for the name www.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded"

I was using the automatic option in Windows to find the DNS servers, so I changed to differnt DNS but didnt notice any difference.

The DNS servers are what turn Internet addresses like www.google.com into IP addresses computer understand to find your website, if they dont respond fast enough the page wont load or will be slow loading.

I wonder if the Great Firewall of Thailand is playing with DNS servers to prevent people from going to prohibited sites!

Edited by thairat

The Daily Mail website seems to have a problem these days.

Blocked by the Thai govt. for publishing unwelcome news.

The Daily Mail publishes news???

Well lets not have personal preferences come into it, you could say the same thing about several media sites eg FOX or any Murdoch rag.

If people can't see the heavy handed approach from those in charge they are not looking,even a popular local magazine has been told to button up about

certain issues. "Thai Happiness" is just not working in many areas not just the media.