Where to buy decent steak cuts in bkk?

riorobc023

at the open air markets, i'm unsure of what type of steak i'm buying. although the price is always nice to the eye. 2kg for 500 baht.

i don't even bother to look at tesco or big c anymore, as i need bulk(meat) from a butcher or market..

also what part of the cow am a receiving at a wet market usually?

Any recommendations?

thanks

"Food, Glorious Food" is a hotel + restaurant supplier of premium meats with a retail outlet in Phra Khanong on Sukhumvit 71, between sois (Pridi) 35 & 37. Closed Sundays They have a customer parking area next to the store. www.foodglorious-food.com

A lot of people recommend the Thai-French butcher shop on Sukhumvit soi 33/1 in Phrom Phung.

thanks everyone for their responses in this thread. Much appreciated! Will give the Thai-french butcher a go first and then try some others.

i buy in bulk because i'll eat probably 6-8 lbs a week of steak due to my diet.

Does anyone know what type of steak is usually sold at the markets here in bangkok though?

I'm torn between round/chuck steak as they are probably the cheapest and about 25-27% of a cow each.

Naturally I am biased (I am the co founder of PassionDelivery!) but you might be interested in our big range of steaks here...

http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/premium-imported-meat

We have all different price ranges and grades including premium dry aged, Tasmanian Angus, Certified Angus from the US, Japanese Olive Wagyu and within the next 48 hours, Thai Wagyu which is available for the first time ever in Thailand exclusively at PassionDelivery (usually the whole quota is exported directly to Japan).

Prices are up to 30% cheaper than leading supermarkets.

We deliver nationwide too.

at the open air markets, i'm unsure of what type of steak i'm buying. although the price is always nice to the eye. 2kg for 500 baht.

i don't even bother to look at tesco or big c anymore, as i need bulk(meat) from a butcher or market..

Any recommendations?

thanks

You should not be receiving any part of a cow.

Cows are for milk not beef.

2 kg for 500 baht sounds too good to be true but you never know in thailand. Muslim markets also have a lot of beef.

Beef got really expensive lately in the supermarkets. I wonder why. I prefer minced beef because it's easyier to eat instead of chewing gum.

I like foodland but since the beef almost doubled in price within a year i don't care for their butcher anymore. Not that it's extreme expensive now but what happened? Why does it cost double now?

Any recommendations?

thanks

You should not be receiving any part of a cow.

Cows are for milk not beef.

Beef is any meat from a cow or bull. 19% of US beef comes from dairy cows that are no longer decent for milk.

Archived