Looking for a good Ribeye Steak.

SamDean

i live out near Seacon. i am looking for somewhere to get good quality cuts of beef and pork, as well as sausages and American Bacon. i don't particularly want to order from Passion Delivery, as i am impatient, and like to pick out my own steaks and whatnot.

Any suggestions?

There is a hotel supplier with a retail outlet selling premium cuts of beef and other meats in Phra Khanong on Sukhumvit 71 between Pridi (soi) 35 & 37 called "GLORIOUS FOOD". If you are driving, they have a parking lot next to the building. Closed Sundays

Not cheap, but excellent hotel quality meats.

www.foodglorious-food.com/

Edited by dddave

Whatever rib-eye you might buy in Thailand, if you whack it with one of these it can become be a pretty good or at least acceptable replacement for a US steak

chef-master_90009_professional_meat_tend

In the "Steak House" biz, that used to be called "Needling" and to be accused of doing so would always produce loud denials. One of the first restaurants to sue a newspaper restaurant critic for slander was a Boston steak house chain that the critic had implied "needled" their sirloins..

But the simple way to produce good tasting and tender steaks is feed corn and molasses to the steer for 3 months before slaughtering it to get proper marbeling in the meat.

He wants to buy a steak, not start a ranch!

Whatever rib-eye you might buy in Thailand, if you whack it with one of these it can become be a pretty good or at least acceptable replacement for a US steak

<snip photo>

In the "Steak House" biz, that used to be called "Needling" and to be accused of doing so would always produce loud denials. One of the first restaurants to sue a newspaper restaurant critic for slander was a Boston steak house chain that the critic had implied "needled" their sirloins..

I just 'needle' the occasional steak for myself. I use it mostly for boneless chicken breasts.

the tenderizer now used is electric powered and you run the round steak thru 2 or 3 times depending on reqirement to make (so called tender)

The ribeye portion of proper fed and aged beef as well as other tender cuts would not need this treatment nor would the consumer i would imigane,

Thai-French butchery behind Villa Suk Soi 33/1.

The Thai-French beef is quite reasonable in Taste, Texture and Price.

That said: I went to the Thai French Butchers behind Villa on Suk Soi 33/1 (at about 1pm) they had no Rib-Eye in stock.

I was hoping to purchase a 2" thick Rib-Eye for BBQ'ing - which when cooked slowly (in foil) and finished off on a higher direct heat is excellent (when sliced across) - At Approx 1000 baht for a 1.6 kg chunk of meat its decent value.

I've also tried the Australian Wagyu Tomahawk Steak (on the bone) from Gourmet Market, cooked the same way. At 2500 baht my expectations were not met.

I now find myself sticking to Thai-French simply for the Quality vs Value.

Arno's is also now very popular (its a butchers and Restaurant). I've not yet tried it, but see on Facebook that many of my Thai friends are going crazy for the place !

https://www.facebook.com/arnobutcher

I'll probably give it a try for some Beef when I next need some.

Edited by richard_smith237

chef-master_90009_professional_meat_tend

Can these be bought in Thailand? Cheers.

Villa in Paradise Park, almost next door to Seacon.

Expensive though - and check Expiry Dates on the packaging before you buy.

Patrick

Yeah i buy from there already, but they taste funny. Just can't fully enjoy one. The ground beef there however is on point.

But the simple way to produce good tasting and tender steaks is feed corn and molasses to the steer for 3 months before slaughtering it to get proper marbeling in the meat.

He wants to buy a steak, not start a ranch!

Well with the prices and quality here, I might just have to. clap2.gif