Airport Express Busses

cheapcharlie

Airport bus express operates 4 bus routes to downtown. The cost is 150 baht for entire route.

AE1 Suvarnabhumi-Silom (by expressway)

AE2 Suvarnabhumi-Bang Lamphu (by expressway)

AE3 Suvarnabhumi-Sukhumwit 3 or North Nana

AE4 Suvarnabhumi-Hua Lamphong (by expressway)

I saw the booth last night about 01:30, but nobody was there, so I couldn't ask. They had a sign showing the various routes. My guess would be that they are operational but close down during the late night hours. I think the booth was on level 1.

for those that are not aware....if these are the same buses from the old airport the follwing are true statements:

you cannot trust the buses to be on time in any other place except banglamphu (from stop to airport).

taking a bus in afternoon heat is dire as the ac does not work

if you are as few as two/three it is cheaper-same just to take a taxi

they are indeed clapped out wrecks and are the same buses that were first put into service to do the circut however many yrs ago.

does anyone know about times to/from pattaya on public bus or details on the public bus that runs along teh highway stopping outside the airport.

i wan tdon muang back! nothing that a facelist, a new runway and an enlarged runway would not fix! dont need for shopping experience and pay another b200 sure!

Edited by h5n1

When i was there earlier this week they all looked like new aircon buses to me on the City routes all have large AOT letters on the sides.

'does anyone know about times to/from pattaya on public bus or details on the public bus that runs along teh highway stopping outside the airport.'

BMTA say bus to Pattaya will run from centre but no times as yet known.

Getting a bus from roads outside would be difficult. L very long walk for one or a taxi ride then uncertainty about what goes where and you would have to cross over three mototrways with 12 to 16 lanes on them. I doubt if the local Pattaya - Bkk stopping bus will be along here. It might call at Transportation Centre but nothing known as yet.

Boxers Airport Guide

When i was there earlier this week they all looked like new aircon buses to me on the City routes all have large AOT letters on the sides.

'does anyone know about times to/from pattaya on public bus or details on the public bus that runs along teh highway stopping outside the airport.'

BMTA say bus to Pattaya will run from centre but no times as yet known.

Getting a bus from roads outside would be difficult. L very long walk for one or a taxi ride then uncertainty about what goes where and you would have to cross over three mototrways with 12 to 16 lanes on them. I doubt if the local Pattaya - Bkk stopping bus will be along here. It might call at Transportation Centre but nothing known as yet.

Boxers Airport Guide

I was at the new airport a couple days before the opening, there is a ticket window for Pattaya/Jomtien bus routes. The sign on the window said for now that there are two runs, possibly a third. One run is at 9 a.m. and the other at 3 p.m. The price on the sign said that the bus fare to Pattaya/Jomtien would be 106 baht or 110 baht. This Pattaya bus MAY stop at the Pattaya bus station on Sukhumvit Road (near the end of Central Pattaya Road) instead of the Ekamai bus station on North Pattaya Rd. The friendly lady at the Pattaya bus window kept saying that the bus run was to Jomtien too! I guess we will have to wait for more current info on this particular run.

I have no real complaints concerning the "old" airport bus from Don Muang. I don't care if it is an old bus or a new one - just as long as it runs. Anything I would like to see changed from the "old" airport to the new airport is keeping the bus running an other hour or so later to get the passengers on the NWA or UA and other flights that arrive near midnight.

I did take the city bus service from the last Skytrain stop (Oh Nut, Lotus Tesco area) to the airport transportation center, and return. The trip takes around 40 minutes to 80 minutes depending on traffic. The price for the city bus (#552) was 35 baht one-way. I forgot to ask if this run quits late at night or goes all night long. Even if this bus arrives at a closed Skytrain stop - the price of a meter taxi from that point onwards is pretty cheap!

There were several shuttle bus runs between the transportation center and terminal, figure on 8 to 14 minutes depending on which shuttle run you take. I wasn't sure if the taxi cabs would pick up at the transportation center or just at the terminal. When I was at the tranportation center I didn't see any "get taxi here" signs. Nice little bus station with big toilets.

I saw the booth last night about 01:30, but nobody was there, so I couldn't ask. They had a sign showing the various routes. My guess would be that they are operational but close down during the late night hours. I think the booth was on level 1.

Oh how wonderful that they perhaps close just as the passengers arriving from North America get out of customs and immigration.

Came back today from Penang.

Airport buses run. same old vehicles. Sukhumvit bus runs via Bagna -trat and then hit Sukhumvit fromSoi 68 and downwards.

Friday evening 19:00 left Suvannapoom. 21:00 hrs arrived Emporium. Delightfull traffic jams every where along the road. :o

Came back today from Penang.

Airport buses run. same old vehicles. Sukhumvit bus runs via Bagna -trat and then hit Sukhumvit fromSoi 68 and downwards.

Friday evening 19:00 left Suvannapoom. 21:00 hrs arrived Emporium. Delightfull traffic jams every where along the road. :D

Holy crap! Soi 68! :D Guess I'll just have to get that duty free tequlia and enjoy the ride. :o

taxis looking better and better

on 26th it was just under 250Bt from Suwa to Suk 4, including 50Bt service charge

today, 29, was 190Bt. from mid Suk to Suwa.

makes bus with hassle look expensive

Where did you catch the taxi from the airport to Sukumvit? At the arrivals que or the departures level just as someone gets dropped off?

If possible, I'd like to hop on the express bus at Silom and go to the airport. Does anybody know where the Silom stop is for the AE1 Suvarnabhumi-Silom route?

Airport bus express operates 4 bus routes to downtown. The cost is 150 baht for entire route.

AE1 Suvarnabhumi-Silom (by expressway)

AE2 Suvarnabhumi-Bang Lamphu (by expressway)

AE3 Suvarnabhumi-Sukhumwit 3 or North Nana

AE4 Suvarnabhumi-Hua Lamphong (by expressway)