Condo Fire Alarm / Smoke Detector Company.. Any recommendations?

ketherin

Hi.

Anyone in the Pattaya / Jomtien area with first hand knowledge of a reputable

fire alarm / smoke Detector company?

We have about 150 units in our buildings and the current company who installed

all the fire alarms and smoke detectors are now asking 1,500 thb per hour to come

and resolve a number of issues.

Obviously we're not gonna pay them but unfortunately they have all the details / knowledgebase etc.

So if anyone knows first hand of a reputable company we'd be very interested

and grateful!!

Thanks for your help

Get your own

Fit them in your unit.

And get a way to go over the balcony with a safe landing

or get a first floor unit wai2.gif

cant trust the locals on this one.

make your own way out.

But I don't know of any company to recommend , sorry.

Edited by onemorechang

In my condo, one of the stairwell is used to hold the garbage for the floors until the cleaner lady comes and empty them every day, the practical result is that, for convenience the fire escape door for that stairwell was kept open on most floors...

should there be a fire, the fire escape stairwell that have doors ajar would result in smoke going into the stairwell or fire, rendering it useless, I always make a note to use other stairs when there's a fire....

After 10 years, only recently that there must be some new rule or inspection that a recommendation is made to put a stronger closer mechanism on the doors so that they can't be propped ajar,

There's also what looks like smoke/ heat? alarm and sprinkler points in my room but I wouldn't trust that the valve is open either, in decades of living in my condo full of Thai people cooking, I haven't heard a false alarm once, where as living in apartments 'back home' there would always be odd false alarm from somebody's cooking every now and then

So, don't trust the system

Several years ago our condo spent in excess of 1,000000 Baht upgrading our condo to conform to the Thai Building control act, huge fines were threatened for non compliance, after saying this very few older condos I know of, have bothered. For me I sleep much more soundly knowing that i am not in danger of being "Roasted Alive"

http://www.samuiforsale.com/law-texts/thailand-building-control-act-in-thai.html